PDA

View Full Version : Slipstream question



AnnAnne
26-04-2005, 02:09 AM
My xp SP2 has been presenting "explorer.exe generated errors...." page,
together with a malfunctioning Dr Watson, since I removed the
netscape/wildtangent component from firefox.

I'd like to make a slipstream copy before reinstalling windows because there
is no choice to repair.

Is it alright to make slipstream copy while system has errors running?

Ana

Galen
26-04-2005, 02:10 AM
In news:ujRnPmWRFHA.1528@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl,
AnnAnne <AnnAnne@eurescofaked.com> had this to say:

My reply is at the bottom of your sent message:

> My xp SP2 has been presenting "explorer.exe generated errors...."
> page, together with a malfunctioning Dr Watson, since I removed the
> netscape/wildtangent component from firefox.
>
> I'd like to make a slipstream copy before reinstalling windows
> because there is no choice to repair.
>
> Is it alright to make slipstream copy while system has errors running?
>
> Ana

I wouldn't recommend it. Too risky of making a faulty copy but if you really
want to then go ahead. However, if you'd like you can get SP2 from Microsoft
on CD:

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/updates/sp2/cdorder/en_us/default.mspx

(It's free though there may be a shipping charge in some parts of the
world.)

Galen
--
Signature changed for a moment of silence.
Rest well Alex and we'll see you on the other side.

AnnAnne
26-04-2005, 02:10 AM
"Galen" <galennews@gmail.com> 撰寫於郵件新聞:OcGXK2XRFHA.3708@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.g bl...
> In news:ujRnPmWRFHA.1528@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl,
> AnnAnne <AnnAnne@eurescofaked.com> had this to say:
>
> My reply is at the bottom of your sent message:
>
>> My xp SP2 has been presenting "explorer.exe generated errors...."
>> page, together with a malfunctioning Dr Watson, since I removed the
>> netscape/wildtangent component from firefox.
>>
>> I'd like to make a slipstream copy before reinstalling windows
>> because there is no choice to repair.
>>
>> Is it alright to make slipstream copy while system has errors running?
>>
>> Ana
>
> I wouldn't recommend it. Too risky of making a faulty copy but if you
> really want to then go ahead. However, if you'd like you can get SP2 from
> Microsoft on CD:
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/updates/sp2/cdorder/en_us/default.mspx
>
> (It's free though there may be a shipping charge in some parts of the
> world.)
>
> Galen
> --
> Signature changed for a moment of silence.
> Rest well Alex and we'll see you on the other side.

I have downloaded SP2 files..what do I do from here?

JoE'
26-04-2005, 02:10 AM
this may help:http://www.short-media.com/review.php?r=284
"AnnAnne" <AnnAnne@eurescofaked.com> wrote in message
news:%23xY86GYRFHA.1476@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
>
> "Galen" <galennews@gmail.com>
> 撰寫於郵件新聞:OcGXK2XRFHA.3708@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.g bl...
>> In news:ujRnPmWRFHA.1528@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl,
>> AnnAnne <AnnAnne@eurescofaked.com> had this to say:
>>
>> My reply is at the bottom of your sent message:
>>
>>> My xp SP2 has been presenting "explorer.exe generated errors...."
>>> page, together with a malfunctioning Dr Watson, since I removed the
>>> netscape/wildtangent component from firefox.
>>>
>>> I'd like to make a slipstream copy before reinstalling windows
>>> because there is no choice to repair.
>>>
>>> Is it alright to make slipstream copy while system has errors running?
>>>
>>> Ana
>>
>> I wouldn't recommend it. Too risky of making a faulty copy but if you
>> really want to then go ahead. However, if you'd like you can get SP2 from
>> Microsoft on CD:
>>
>> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/updates/sp2/cdorder/en_us/default.mspx
>>
>> (It's free though there may be a shipping charge in some parts of the
>> world.)
>>
>> Galen
>> --
>> Signature changed for a moment of silence.
>> Rest well Alex and we'll see you on the other side.
>
> I have downloaded SP2 files..what do I do from here?
>

bumtracks
26-04-2005, 02:10 AM
forget exactly where I found this, but I made a shortcut...
"C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE" /rereg
Because there is no IE uninstall in add/remove with the option to repair IE
which is occasionally needed.




"AnnAnne" <AnnAnne@eurescofaked.com> wrote in message
news:ujRnPmWRFHA.1528@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> My xp SP2 has been presenting "explorer.exe generated errors...." page,
> together with a malfunctioning Dr Watson, since I removed the
> netscape/wildtangent component from firefox.
>
> I'd like to make a slipstream copy before reinstalling windows because
> there is no choice to repair.
>
> Is it alright to make slipstream copy while system has errors running?
>
> Ana
>

Galen
26-04-2005, 02:10 AM
In news:%23xY86GYRFHA.1476@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl,
AnnAnne <AnnAnne@eurescofaked.com> had this to say:

My reply is at the bottom of your sent message:

> I have downloaded SP2 files..what do I do from here?

http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/cleanxpinstall.html

There you will find a bunch of information including slipstreaming links on
how to do it.

Galen
--
Signature changed for a moment of silence.
Rest well Alex and we'll see you on the other side.

Hosted by: Eyo Technologies Pty Ltd. Sponsored by: Actiontec Pty Ltd