PDA

View Full Version : windows xp home freeze..



sk8ace
19-07-2005, 12:03 PM
hi all. I use Ulead Video Studio to edit home videos ans such.. My laptop
was running slow so I desided to delete everything and reinstall windows. Now
every time I try to Capture with ulead, I get a blue screen and it freezes.
It has never done this in the past when my laptop was full of stuff. I have
lots of movies that I have to edit but I cant because it freezes every time.
also i tryied windows movie maker and it also freezes every time. I have
windows xp home and pentium 4 2.66ghz. thanks for the help

Patrick Keenan
19-07-2005, 02:03 PM
"sk8ace" <sk8ace@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:2008A3C9-9CD7-4910-9558-F0E9ED6AD004@microsoft.com...
> hi all. I use Ulead Video Studio to edit home videos ans such.. My
> laptop
> was running slow so I desided to delete everything and reinstall windows.
> Now
> every time I try to Capture with ulead, I get a blue screen and it
> freezes.
> It has never done this in the past when my laptop was full of stuff. I
> have
> lots of movies that I have to edit but I cant because it freezes every
> time.
> also i tryied windows movie maker and it also freezes every time. I
> have
> windows xp home and pentium 4 2.66ghz. thanks for the help

If you deleted everything and reinstalled Windows, did you also update it
and re-install Ulead?

What exactly do you mean by "delete everything"?

HTH
-pk

ppcc
19-07-2005, 11:05 PM
Since you say you deleted everything, they must probably have been large files. Did you defragment after this? If this isnt due to any other specific problem, it may be a reason for the blue screens and freezes.

Ron Martell
20-07-2005, 05:53 AM
sk8ace <sk8ace@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>hi all. I use Ulead Video Studio to edit home videos ans such.. My laptop
>was running slow so I desided to delete everything and reinstall windows. Now
>every time I try to Capture with ulead, I get a blue screen and it freezes.
>It has never done this in the past when my laptop was full of stuff. I have
>lots of movies that I have to edit but I cant because it freezes every time.
> also i tryied windows movie maker and it also freezes every time. I have
>windows xp home and pentium 4 2.66ghz. thanks for the help

What does the blue screen say? If it is a STOP message then we need
the STOP code plus all 4 parameters and any file or module names
mentioned. That will help to diagnose the underlying cause of the
problem.

Good luck


Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
--
Microsoft MVP
On-Line Help Computer Service
http://onlinehelp.bc.ca

In memory of a dear friend Alex Nichol MVP
http://aumha.org/alex.htm

Ext User(sk8ace)
22-07-2005, 05:33 AM
hi, i deleted everything, meaning i reinstalled windows and did not keep any
of the files that were on my pc before, so its like brand new. I am sorry,
the blue screen goes way to fast for me to read anything on it. i will keep
trying to see what it says though. thanks for your help all.

"Ron Martell" wrote:

> sk8ace <sk8ace@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >hi all. I use Ulead Video Studio to edit home videos ans such.. My laptop
> >was running slow so I desided to delete everything and reinstall windows. Now
> >every time I try to Capture with ulead, I get a blue screen and it freezes.
> >It has never done this in the past when my laptop was full of stuff. I have
> >lots of movies that I have to edit but I cant because it freezes every time.
> > also i tryied windows movie maker and it also freezes every time. I have
> >windows xp home and pentium 4 2.66ghz. thanks for the help
>
> What does the blue screen say? If it is a STOP message then we need
> the STOP code plus all 4 parameters and any file or module names
> mentioned. That will help to diagnose the underlying cause of the
> problem.
>
> Good luck
>
>
> Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
> --
> Microsoft MVP
> On-Line Help Computer Service
> http://onlinehelp.bc.ca
>
> In memory of a dear friend Alex Nichol MVP
> http://aumha.org/alex.htm
>

Ext User(sk8ace)
22-07-2005, 05:43 AM
ok it went slow enough for me to read it, it says under the 'technical data'
"STOP: 0x0000000A(0x00000018, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0x804EC969) also said
IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL not sure if this means anything or not. I hope
someone understands this.

"sk8ace" wrote:

> hi, i deleted everything, meaning i reinstalled windows and did not keep any
> of the files that were on my pc before, so its like brand new. I am sorry,
> the blue screen goes way to fast for me to read anything on it. i will keep
> trying to see what it says though. thanks for your help all.
>
> "Ron Martell" wrote:
>
> > sk8ace <sk8ace@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> >
> > >hi all. I use Ulead Video Studio to edit home videos ans such.. My laptop
> > >was running slow so I desided to delete everything and reinstall windows. Now
> > >every time I try to Capture with ulead, I get a blue screen and it freezes.
> > >It has never done this in the past when my laptop was full of stuff. I have
> > >lots of movies that I have to edit but I cant because it freezes every time.
> > > also i tryied windows movie maker and it also freezes every time. I have
> > >windows xp home and pentium 4 2.66ghz. thanks for the help
> >
> > What does the blue screen say? If it is a STOP message then we need
> > the STOP code plus all 4 parameters and any file or module names
> > mentioned. That will help to diagnose the underlying cause of the
> > problem.
> >
> > Good luck
> >
> >
> > Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
> > --
> > Microsoft MVP
> > On-Line Help Computer Service
> > http://onlinehelp.bc.ca
> >
> > In memory of a dear friend Alex Nichol MVP
> > http://aumha.org/alex.htm
> >

Ext User(Ron Martell)
22-07-2005, 07:53 AM
sk8ace <sk8ace@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>ok it went slow enough for me to read it, it says under the 'technical data'
>"STOP: 0x0000000A(0x00000018, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0x804EC969) also said
>IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL not sure if this means anything or not. I hope
>someone understands this.
>

See MVP Jim Eshelman's web page for STOP errors at
http://www.aumha.org/win5/kbestop.htm and click on the "OA: IRQL Not
Less/Equal" link in the left side column.

Good luck


Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
--
Microsoft MVP
On-Line Help Computer Service
http://onlinehelp.bc.ca

In memory of a dear friend Alex Nichol MVP
http://aumha.org/alex.htm

Hosted by: Eyo Technologies Pty Ltd. Sponsored by: Actiontec Pty Ltd