PDA

View Full Version : Van Nguyen - someone had to start this.....

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

amber.2
02-12-2005, 05:54 PM
I think before we criticize singapore's laws we should look in our own back yard. in sydney last week a man only got 9 years for infecting 2 women with aids a death sentence for them and he knew he was HIV positive
Another case a criminal just off 2years parol bashed a 65 years motorist in a road rage instantantly killing him got only 2 years .
And today they caught that scumbag who bashed and raped and tied the poor girl up and poured petrol over her and lite the family home to burn her alive, luckily she survived but might end up a vegetable. But some do good lawyer will get him off with a lighter sentence,[he might of been on drugs,or drunk didnt know what he was doing]
The trouble is our laws are too lenient too much plea bargaining from murder to manslaughter and to a lesser charge.
Crimes like anita Coby and Janette Balding should of been capital punishment
It might not bring back the life of the innocent victim but they sure wont get the opportunity to inflick pain on some one else

Lizard Drinkin
02-12-2005, 05:58 PM
I think before we criticize singapore's laws we should look in our own back yard. in sydney last week a man only got 9 years for infecting 2 women with aids a death sentence for them and he knew he was HIV positive
Another case a criminal just off 2years parol bashed a 65 years motorist in a road rage instantantly killing him got only 2 years .
And today they caught that scumbag who bashed and raped and tied the poor girl up and poured petrol over her and lite the family home to burn her alive, luckily she survived but might end up a vegetable. But some do good lawyer will get him off with a lighter sentence,[he might of been on drugs,or drunk didnt know what he was doing]
The trouble is our laws are too lenient too much plea bargaining from murder to manslaughter and to a lesser charge.
Crimes like anita Coby and Janette Balding should of been capital punishment
It might not bring back the life of the innocent victim but they sure wont get the opportunity to inflick pain on some one elseIn short, "I support the death penalty."

headrippa
02-12-2005, 06:04 PM
I disagree with you there. I read something yesterday that said more often than not it takes quite a while for them to die via hanging. I think its disgusting.

where'd you read it ??? one of the newspapers that actually support this ex-drug dealer. I've watched enough videos and read enough to know that if hanged properly, death is instantaneous.

Why is it disgusting, I love it and hope to download pictures of it shortly.

Do the crime, do the time.

Also, when a muslim or asian rapes/murders/other stuff in Australia, the general population all piss and moan about sending him back to his own country and let him be tried there for it. I dont see no difference between them and Van Hung.

Also if he was a pedophile, this would not have raised a concern, yet both pedo's and drug dealers are harmful to kids.

Lizard Drinkin
02-12-2005, 06:18 PM
Why is it disgusting, I love it and hope to download pictures of it shortly.Oh, lovely. Top notch.

Do the crime, do the time.Death is not "time".

Also, when a muslim or asian rapes/murders/other stuff in Australia, the general population all p*ss and moan about sending him back to his own country and let him be tried there for it. I dont see no difference between them and Van Hung.Except he wasn't sent back to his own country to be tried for it, was he?

Also if he was a pedophile, this would not have raised a concern, yet both pedo's and drug dealers are harmful to kids.Fair observation on general hypocrisy.

princessnay
02-12-2005, 06:23 PM
Sure our law isnt tough enough but if we bring back the death penalty where will it end? the person who executes the murderer has to either inject them, hang them or shoot them. so what does that make them? an executor? or a murderer? in the australian dictionary and executor is "A person who carries out or performs something." so the family of the criminal could argue that their family member was just carrying out the orders of another person!

And what about the innocent people that get executed for a crime they didnt commit? on average in America 13 innocent people are executed a year! thats more then one a month! so what do we do about that? we cant bring people back from the dead! and kiiling the person that killed them cant help either!

in bringing in the death penalty we would be saying that we want to make others suffer to make ourselves feel better! instead of just me hurting lets kill the person that killed my friend/ family member and put their family through the pain that im going through!!! why punnish the family? they have done nothing wrong!!! punnish the criminal but not the innocent family!!!

BiggyRat
02-12-2005, 06:26 PM
I disagree with you there. I read something yesterday that said more often than not it takes quite a while for them to die via hanging. I think its disgusting.Yup, I read that too K. As gross as it sounds, they test the rigging with a sand bag the same weight as the hang-ee. Sometimes they get it wrong, and the victim either doesn't die, dies very very slowly, or at the other extreme has their head ripped completely off i.e. decapitated.

princessnay
02-12-2005, 06:35 PM
Why is it disgusting, I love it and hope to download pictures of it shortly.

Also, when a muslim or asian rapes/murders/other stuff in Australia, the general population all p*ss and moan about sending him back to his own country and let him be tried there for it. I dont see no difference between them and Van Hung.

Also if he was a pedophile, this would not have raised a concern, yet both pedo's and drug dealers are harmful to kids.

ok if i am out of line here let me know but firstly let me just say that wanting to download the pictures is proof that there are some sick and twisted people out there! anyone that gets pleasure or enjoyment out of watching another human beeing die is... well lets just say i find that utterly discraceful!

secondly i find it very disrespectful that you make jokes about someone who has just died (van hung)! he has a family and friends that all loved him dearly and for people like you to be going around making jokes about it is very offensive!

thirdly pedophilia and drug deeling are very different crimes!!! to make a comparison between the two is rediculas and uncalled for! the chances of a child getting their hands on heroin is alot less then the chances of a child being abused by a pedofile!

fullhectic
02-12-2005, 06:39 PM
I believe he should have been given a life sentence instead of being killed. He's not worried about it know is he!

HoundsOfLove
02-12-2005, 07:00 PM
I don't know why you are arguing about Capital Punishment in Australia, because it doesn't exsist and I don't think it will come back.

The point of the matter is he is in a country who's laws does have it for the crime he did. He chose to break those laws therefore he is responsible for his own death.

I'm sure other countries look at us and see how someone who has done say fraud gets a longer jail sentance than someone who has phsycially harmed someone/raped etc and thinks that it's outrageous. Do we want to become like the USA where we think we have the right to tell other countries how they should live and what laws to abide by? Are we so bloody arrogrant to think that our laws and ways are the way the whole world should abide by?

I feel sorry for his family they are the ones that have to live with it, do I feel sorry for him? No I don't.

This bloody media coverage and virgil for a convicted drug smuggler who contributes to the death and absolute destruction of families is so out of wack. A minutes silence you have to be kidding me:mad:

Lizard Drinkin
02-12-2005, 07:03 PM
blah blah blah virgil for a convicted drug smuggler blah blah blah:mad: Where's MY Virgil?? Damn prisoners get better conditions than I do! :mad:

MORE VIRGILS FOR WORKING FATHERS

FNM
02-12-2005, 07:13 PM
:mad: Where's MY Virgil?? Damn prisoners get better conditions than I do! :mad:

you have to be near death or dead for that to happen... :eek: you aren't dying are you? :(

HoundsOfLove
02-12-2005, 07:17 PM
:mad: Where's MY Virgil?? Damn prisoners get better conditions than I do! :mad:

Why did you feel the need to change my words in the quote?
Or do you feel you need to change the context to try and get your point across?:rolling:

Diabolical
02-12-2005, 09:00 PM
......Why is it disgusting, I love it and hope to download pictures of it shortly.

You make me sick. Anyone who rejoices in the loss of a life is twisted and worse than any of the people who you purport to be the scum of the earth. Regardless of whether you support capitol punishment or not, to actually make jokes and watch something like that in the spirit of enjoyment is tragic, you should be ashamed.

I don't believe in capitol punishment and am grateful this country doesn't have it anymore but I don't believe we have the right to interfere in another countries laws and way of punishment. It is tragic that he has lost his life for a stupid mistake but unfortunately he has to suffer the consequences of his action.

Why did you feel the need to change my words in the quote?
Or do you feel you need to change the context to try and get your point across?:rolling:

As usual LD is being a smart arse. The word you want is vigil, Virgil was a character in The Thunderbirds.

HoundsOfLove
02-12-2005, 09:03 PM
As usual LD is being a smart arse. The word you want is vigil, Virgil was a character in The Thunderbirds.

Ahhhhh now that's something I would have expected from Ozeagle! :PI

amber.2
02-12-2005, 09:08 PM
In short, "I support the death penalty."
yes for premeditated and 1st degree i sure do, and sexual abuse of children.

headrippa
02-12-2005, 11:09 PM
You make me sick. Anyone who rejoices in the loss of a life is twisted and worse than any of the people who you purport to be the scum of the earth. Regardless of whether you support capitol punishment or not, to actually make jokes and watch something like that in the spirit of enjoyment is tragic, you should be ashamed.

I don't believe in capitol punishment and am grateful this country doesn't have it anymore but I don't believe we have the right to interfere in another countries laws and way of punishment. It is tragic that he has lost his life for a stupid mistake but unfortunately he has to suffer the consequences of his action.

An stupid mistake ? He knew too well what he was doing, its only a mistake when your caught.

Thousands of innocent people die every day due to starvation/disease/ect... this guy was guilty, knew what the punishment was and still did it.

Perfect example of Darwinism if you ask me.

And Princessnay, to a parent, I'm sure their 17 year old who just died of a heroin overdose is still their "child"

Diabolical
02-12-2005, 11:23 PM
An stupid mistake ? He knew too well what he was doing, its only a mistake when your caught.

Thousands of innocent people die every day due to starvation/disease/ect... this guy was guilty, knew what the punishment was and still did it.

Perfect example of Darwinism if you ask me.

And Princessnay, to a parent, I'm sure their 17 year old who just died of a heroin overdose is still their "child"

I don't care what you think or believe. I realise people are going to support capitol punishment and I respect that opinion but the fact you find this amusing and enjoy watching someone die speaks volume for your total lack of character.

cam86
02-12-2005, 11:36 PM
on average in America 13 innocent people are executed a year!

I find that very hard to believe... can you point me to the place you found that info out?

ExecutoR
03-12-2005, 12:00 AM
Well i know this has been said... but this is my opinion.

I am not saying i am 100% PRO death penalty... HOWEVER that countries laws is that countries laws... he was stupid to do what he did and my pay the consequence...

I DO BELIEVE HOWEVER, that his mother should have been allowed to hug him one last time, i think they could have let that happen, especially when good ol' Johnny asked them if they could.

on average in America 13 innocent people are executed a year!

LOL *cough* bullshit *cough*

1000 people have been put to death in the last 30 years... that comes to 33.33333333 etc etc PER YEAR...

YOU'RE saying CLOSE TO HALF (39%) of those put to death each year are innocent?

AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

ummmm.... NO!

EDIT: Sorry i could have said it nicer but i am not going to edit it...Just dont take offence lol... PLEASE???

Davdster
03-12-2005, 12:56 AM
Without reading all the posts in here, and risking repeating the opinions of others, I'll state my thoughts.

While it's a shame he was hung, I don't think a minutes silence should be observed or even the media be so big on this issue. As was already stated, he has been jailed for three years already. Where was the media beatup in 2002 when he was caught? Might have been a few stories but nothing as memorable as the endless coverage of recent weeks.

Van Nguyen smuggled drugs into a country where you can be fined for chewing gum in public. You'd have to expect their laws to be much more strict than in Australia. Even here you'd expect a heavy sentance. Not capital punishment, but nothing light either. And while I don't necessarily agree with capital punishment, I don't live in Singapore either and if I travelled to another country would expect to abide by their laws, not Australia's simply because I'm an Aussie citizen.

I am wondering why Singapore selected a hanging as his death as opposed to lethal injection or something where the executed was going to pass in less pain. Yes he committed a crime but they're killing him. Let him pass in peace instead of pain.

Hosted by: Eyo Technologies Pty Ltd. Sponsored by: Actiontec Pty Ltd