PDA

View Full Version : Drove another 380 ES



Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5

Ext User(OzOne)
26-09-2006, 10:23 AM
On Mon, 25 Sep 2006 22:16:28 GMT, "Noddy" <dg4163@(nospam)dodo.com.au>
scribbled thusly:

>
><OzOne> wrote in message news:h4nfh2t73hsfncm726cmjf37rel0fpddg7@4ax.com...
>
>> Yeah...so Clocky says...wonder where the info on the Holden Forum came
>> from.......?
>
>Your head?

Never posted on the Holden Forum....
>
>The "Holden Forum" only sprang up *after* Clocky said there wasn't a
>problem. Prior to that, Clocky was the souce of the info :)

Ahh manufacturing facts again......


Oz1...of the 3 twins.

I welcome you to crackerbox palace,We've been expecting you.

Ext User(OzOne)
26-09-2006, 10:23 AM
On Mon, 25 Sep 2006 22:19:15 GMT, "Noddy" <dg4163@(nospam)dodo.com.au>
scribbled thusly:

>
><OzOne> wrote in message news:9rmfh21l2nhtcb21nk22jqvmolm8e6lam0@4ax.com...
>
>> Not as hard as it is for you to accept that you've lost your mind.
>
>I have no problem with that at all Oz. What's your excuse?

I don't need to apologise for correcting you...it's my duty.


Oz1...of the 3 twins.

I welcome you to crackerbox palace,We've been expecting you.

Ext User(OzOne)
26-09-2006, 10:23 AM
On Mon, 25 Sep 2006 22:19:55 GMT, "Noddy" <dg4163@(nospam)dodo.com.au>
scribbled thusly:

>
><OzOne> wrote in message news:4tmfh2l8bemfcklhno6fk7aeja6kgspmv9@4ax.com...
>
>> You forget..I tell it like it is...not my opinion like you.
>
>That's really funny :)

Thought you'd see the facts......


Oz1...of the 3 twins.

I welcome you to crackerbox palace,We've been expecting you.

Ext User(OzOne)
26-09-2006, 10:23 AM
On Mon, 25 Sep 2006 22:20:41 GMT, "Noddy" <dg4163@(nospam)dodo.com.au>
scribbled thusly:

>
><OzOne> wrote in message news:sumfh2dergcq16mu461enehrtbh2haivf2@4ax.com...
>
>> Matter of fact it was much better than the air in my black TJ Magna.
>> Heat soak had it working very hard in Nth Qld in the middle of summer.
>
>I think it's *way* too late for you to attempt at gaining credibility Oz :)

Oh,,so stating another fact is an attempt to gain credibility.....very
interesting.

You should try fact instead of opinion now and then.....


Oz1...of the 3 twins.

I welcome you to crackerbox palace,We've been expecting you.

Ext User(OzOne)
26-09-2006, 10:33 AM
On Tue, 26 Sep 2006 08:58:04 +1000, "Trevor Wilson"
<trevor@SPAMBLOCKrageaudio.com.au> scribbled thusly:

>>>
>>>**My 14 year old Commodore gets around 7.1 Litre/100k on the same run. I
>>>would expect a modern, more efficient auto should be better than that.
>>>8.8L/100k is pitiful.
>>
>> Ummmm Trev...it had 400km on it!!
>> Ever owned a new car?
>
>**Nope. Never will. I don't throw my money away. I allow the original
>purchaser to do that.
>
>
>--
>Trevor Wilson
>www.rageaudio.com.au

JFYI...new cars get lousy consumption till they're run in.
That's why magazine fuel number comparisons mean nothing...usually
they're testing new cars..same as performance figures.

So, buying a new car throws money away both ways


Oz1...of the 3 twins.

I welcome you to crackerbox palace,We've been expecting you.

Ext User(Dan---)
26-09-2006, 11:03 AM
"Noddy" <dg4163@(nospam)dodo.com.au> wrote in message
news:4517c1f8$1@news.comindico.com.au...

>
>> Now you have done it you are going to cop it from the mitsu natzi's
>
> Yeah, Oz is already hard at work doing research to show that, in general,
> Mitsubishi air conditioners have a significantly lower failure rate than
> those of Holden's, and Andy must have either been terribly unlucky of
> couldn't have used it properly :)

The only complete a/c failure I had in a Holden was in my LJ torry.
Only because it didn't have a/c at all. :-)


--
Regards
Dan

Ext User(OzOne)
26-09-2006, 11:03 AM
On Tue, 26 Sep 2006 09:52:58 +1000, "Dan---" <iamgod@nospam.com>
scribbled thusly:

>"Noddy" <dg4163@(nospam)dodo.com.au> wrote in message
>news:4517c1f8$1@news.comindico.com.au...
>
>>
>>> Now you have done it you are going to cop it from the mitsu natzi's
>>
>> Yeah, Oz is already hard at work doing research to show that, in general,
>> Mitsubishi air conditioners have a significantly lower failure rate than
>> those of Holden's, and Andy must have either been terribly unlucky of
>> couldn't have used it properly :)
>
>The only complete a/c failure I had in a Holden was in my LJ torry.
>Only because it didn't have a/c at all. :-)

Only A/C failure I've had was in the Triton when a relay failed.

Nearly due for a new compressor I suspect.


Oz1...of the 3 twins.

I welcome you to crackerbox palace,We've been expecting you.

Ext User(Dan---)
26-09-2006, 11:13 AM
"Andy" <pandoraandypandy@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:1159187283.618959.259220@d34g2000cwd.googlegr oups.com...
>
>
> ****en idiot. the last time I drove one I was soooo impressed I wanted
> to buy one!!!

When I first drove one and it was basically my first and last I thought well
its a nice enough car and it had a bit of go in it but it never impressed me
so much to actually go out and buy one. They need to rethink their steering
wheel stereo controls and put them where you can actually use them properly.
But even my mrs has a 99 Camry V6 is just as nice as the new 380 its just
as beige but still a nice enough car for her to drive around in.

--
Regards
Dan

Ext User(Trevor Wilson)
26-09-2006, 11:13 AM
<OzOne> wrote in message news:c3pgh2tmb61fmgvh1cvqkmjpkvmerv0ed1@4ax.com...
> On Tue, 26 Sep 2006 08:58:04 +1000, "Trevor Wilson"
> <trevor@SPAMBLOCKrageaudio.com.au> scribbled thusly:
>
>>>>
>>>>**My 14 year old Commodore gets around 7.1 Litre/100k on the same run. I
>>>>would expect a modern, more efficient auto should be better than that.
>>>>8.8L/100k is pitiful.
>>>
>>> Ummmm Trev...it had 400km on it!!
>>> Ever owned a new car?
>>
>>**Nope. Never will. I don't throw my money away. I allow the original
>>purchaser to do that.
>>
>>
>>--
>>Trevor Wilson
>>www.rageaudio.com.au
>
> JFYI...new cars get lousy consumption till they're run in.
> That's why magazine fuel number comparisons mean nothing...usually
> they're testing new cars..same as performance figures.

**How long before a car is run-in?
What fuel consuption figures can be expected from a 380 on the Syd-Canb
trip?

>
> So, buying a new car throws money away both ways

**Of course.


--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au



--
Posted via a free Usenet account from http://www.teranews.com

Ext User(Dan---)
26-09-2006, 11:23 AM
"Noddy" <dg4163@(nospam)dodo.com.au> wrote in message
news:4517d8f7@news.comindico.com.au...
>
> "Andy" <pandoraandypandy@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>
>> ****en idiot. the last time I drove one I was soooo impressed I wanted
>> to buy one!!!
>
> Just out of curiosity, what stopped you from doing so?

MMAL's executive class offers.
"We lube you when we lube your car".
:-)

--
Regards
Dan

Ext User(Noddy)
26-09-2006, 11:53 AM
<OzOne> wrote in message news:4vmgh2hbu4f4k6l4fbhcficsbt157ar32s@4ax.com...

> Hey Nod.
> My cars are at least worth keeping and don't require years of
> rebuilding.

Italian cars you say?

Yeah, right :)

> ...my mechanic is a good friend with a long history as a
> mechanic, sometime driver and team manager in pretty near every
> worthwhile form of motorsport.

Is he the guy who drilled out your studs for you?

> I leave any major work (very rare) and even some minor work to an
> expert....unlike you.

If what you've mentioned thus far is any guide, then all I can do is wich
you luck.

--
Regards,
Noddy.

Ext User(Noddy)
26-09-2006, 11:53 AM
<OzOne> wrote in message news:abogh2lqauhf2q3l6gp2kghh1d7e25b432@4ax.com...

> Ahh manufacturing facts again......

Really?

Sorry Oz, but I must have missed your post about it being a "known fact"
from various sources apart from Clocky, who you seemed to be keen on quoting
as the source of the information until he corrected you.

Of course, feel free to crorrect me if I'm wrong here.

--
Regards,
Noddy.

Ext User(Noddy)
26-09-2006, 11:53 AM
<OzOne> wrote in message news:9dogh21aaa91clc04t1alu15619440807a@4ax.com...

> I don't need to apologise for correcting you...it's my duty.

Let me know when you plan to start, won't you?

I wouldn't want to blink and miss it :)

--
Regards,
Noddy.

Ext User(Noddy)
26-09-2006, 11:53 AM
<OzOne> wrote in message news:4fogh25ei2b2a4ont72j6vvc9jm6167qlq@4ax.com...

> Thought you'd see the facts......

I'm sorry, was there a fact in there somewhere?

All I saw was a typical bullshit comment.

--
Regards,
Noddy.

Ext User(Noddy)
26-09-2006, 11:53 AM
<OzOne> wrote in message news:6gogh2dvsvu57aoo5mv6ck15qcsajr2tku@4ax.com...

> Oh,,so stating another fact is an attempt to gain credibility.....very
> interesting.

It is.

> You should try fact instead of opinion now and then.....

Funny how my opinion is just that, while yours are "fact". I think you're
Kieron Murphy's love child :)

--
Regards,
Noddy.

Ext User(Ron)
26-09-2006, 12:43 PM
"Noddy" <dg4163@(nospam)dodo.com.au> wrote in
news:4518548c@news.comindico.com.au:

>
> <OzOne> wrote in message
> news:8bigh2pt8ndufpnkqt0ms17lfkaki0618c@4ax.com...
>
>> Ummm Feral..'twasn't I who played the game.
>
>
> **** :)
>
>> Jeez you guys are easily confused!
>
> You really are the *dumbest* **** around here, do you know that?
>
>
And you only JUST figured that out :-)

Ext User(OzOne)
26-09-2006, 12:53 PM
On Tue, 26 Sep 2006 10:04:58 +1000, "Trevor Wilson"
<trevor@SPAMBLOCKrageaudio.com.au> scribbled thusly:
>
>**How long before a car is run-in?

My SV6 was giving good consumption figures at about 4,000km.
Shocking before that and much much better by 10,000km

>What fuel consuption figures can be expected from a 380 on the Syd-Canb
>trip?
Don't know, never driven one on that trip, and never yet seen any road
tests of ones with decent miles on them.
MMAL quote 10.8/100km combined.
This from Autospeed
we saw an overall average of 10.4 litres/100km based on previous
experience, better than either the Holden or Ford would have achieved
in the same conditions.

But it is a magazine and the idjits make no mention of the kms on the
vehicle.
>
>>
>> So, buying a new car throws money away both ways
>
>**Of course.
Of course..that's why I bought the Verada.
>
>--
>Trevor Wilson
>www.rageaudio.com.au



Oz1...of the 3 twins.

I welcome you to crackerbox palace,We've been expecting you.

Ext User(OzOne)
26-09-2006, 01:03 PM
On Tue, 26 Sep 2006 00:44:21 GMT, "Noddy" <dg4163@(nospam)dodo.com.au>
scribbled thusly:

>
><OzOne> wrote in message news:4vmgh2hbu4f4k6l4fbhcficsbt157ar32s@4ax.com...
>
>> Hey Nod.
>> My cars are at least worth keeping and don't require years of
>> rebuilding.
>
>Italian cars you say?
>
>Yeah, right :)

Yeah right.....they are both in original condition.
>
>> ...my mechanic is a good friend with a long history as a
>> mechanic, sometime driver and team manager in pretty near every
>> worthwhile form of motorsport.
>
>Is he the guy who drilled out your studs for you?

No, but he did the strip down on my cars to enable it.
>
>> I leave any major work (very rare) and even some minor work to an
>> expert....unlike you.
>
>If what you've mentioned thus far is any guide, then all I can do is wich
>you luck.

Oh...you mean I get my cars serviced by an experienced mechanic who
still works in the trade (sort of) and it up to date with latest where
possible (he doesn't do the EVO because there are too many electronic
gadgets)


Oz1...of the 3 twins.

I welcome you to crackerbox palace,We've been expecting you.

Ext User(OzOne)
26-09-2006, 01:03 PM
On Tue, 26 Sep 2006 00:46:34 GMT, "Noddy" <dg4163@(nospam)dodo.com.au>
scribbled thusly:

>
><OzOne> wrote in message news:abogh2lqauhf2q3l6gp2kghh1d7e25b432@4ax.com...
>
>> Ahh manufacturing facts again......
>
>Really?
>
>Sorry Oz, but I must have missed your post about it being a "known fact"
>from various sources apart from Clocky, who you seemed to be keen on quoting
>as the source of the information until he corrected you.
>
>Of course, feel free to crorrect me if I'm wrong here.

Here's your post Nod

">The "Holden Forum" only sprang up *after* Clocky said there wasn't a
>problem. Prior to that, Clocky was the souce of the info :)

Would you like to jump into Google and that forum and have a look at
the dates?
Feel free.....

Nah, didn't think so...easier to just manufacture the facts as you see
em!


Oz1...of the 3 twins.

I welcome you to crackerbox palace,We've been expecting you.

Ext User(OzOne)
26-09-2006, 01:03 PM
On Tue, 26 Sep 2006 00:47:41 GMT, "Noddy" <dg4163@(nospam)dodo.com.au>
scribbled thusly:

>
><OzOne> wrote in message news:4fogh25ei2b2a4ont72j6vvc9jm6167qlq@4ax.com...
>
>> Thought you'd see the facts......
>
>I'm sorry, was there a fact in there somewhere?
>
>All I saw was a typical bullshit comment.

Yeah...I can understand that you cannot see straight!


Oz1...of the 3 twins.

I welcome you to crackerbox palace,We've been expecting you.

Hosted by: Eyo Technologies Pty Ltd. Sponsored by: Actiontec Pty Ltd