PDA

View Full Version : B E W A R E - - BOB JANE T-MARTS RUINED MY CAR --- B E W A R E



Ext User(rhobb69@yahoo.com.au)
12-01-2007, 10:23 PM
Whoever cares,

If you are thinking of shopping at Bob Jane T-Marts, be extremely
careful!

I recently took my new car to have new wheel and tyres placed on my
car. I left the car and was told the car would be ready within 45 to an
hour as all that was required was to switch over to the new wheels and
tyres as they had they already had the tyres fitted to the new wheels.

I left and told the manager that i'd be back in the hour and left to
have a drink at a cafe down a minute or two down the road.

So, i was somewhat surprised when less than 25 minutes later i heard a
car being pushed to it's limits and shortly thereafter discovered that
the car racing pass at me at least 120km in a 80km zone - was my new
car! Screaming passed me, so much so that other people commented that
he must have the police after him.

My new Audi which i'd worked for years to buy and with it's new wheels
& tyres was now being driven like a race car by the manager of the Bob
Jane T-Marts.

it all happened so quickly that by the time my car passed me i didn't
even have time to wave the guy down, as he was traveling at such a
great speed.

I rused back to the Bob Jane just as the car was being driven back in
via the rear of the outlet. I was in such a rage i can't remember the
words i used at this guy who jumped out my car and ran back into the
office.

I was meet by another office manager and was told the car was being
test driven and i guess driving a car at least twice the speed of the
legal road speed limit is all part of Bob Jane's way of testing cars.

Needless to say i paid the bill and left as soon as possible after not
being able to find the original driver of my car who had gone into the
office red faced!

I later found when i arrived home that the 'so called' test drive had
delivered a direct hit to my left wheel and tyre and a major scratch on
the face of the outside of the wheel.

When i then attempted to call the Bob Jane head office and was asked to
give my name and number. I was told someone would call me back within
the next few hours. So 4 days a later i get a call from a less than
happy store manager, who informed me that they always test cars and the
damaged caused to my new wheels and tyres was caused by my driving.

A perfect example of another company who have no level of customer care
or service. Once again they take your money and are more than happy to
brush you aside when you make any type of complaint.

I will never shop at a Bob Jane T-Mart again! Please be careful as this
could happen to you.

Ext User(Michael C)
12-01-2007, 10:34 PM
<rhobb69@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message
news:1168589533.074071.108910@s34g2000cwa.googlegr oups.com...
> A perfect example of another company who have no level of customer care
> or service. Once again they take your money and are more than happy to
> brush you aside when you make any type of complaint.
>
> I will never shop at a Bob Jane T-Mart again! Please be careful as this
> could happen to you.

This is just 1 example of a bad apple, every company has them. It sounds
like you have given up on this issue far too easily. Push it as far as you
can and you might be suprised to get the result you're after. The guy who
installed my car alarm was sacked after I pushed the issue. :-)

>

Ext User(OzOne)
12-01-2007, 10:34 PM
On 12 Jan 2007 00:12:13 -0800, rhobb69@yahoo.com.au scribbled thusly:

>Whoever cares,
>
>If you are thinking of shopping at Bob Jane T-Marts, be extremely
>careful!
>
>I recently took my new car to have new wheel and tyres placed on my
>car. I left the car and was told the car would be ready within 45 to an
>hour as all that was required was to switch over to the new wheels and
>tyres as they had they already had the tyres fitted to the new wheels.
>
>I left and told the manager that i'd be back in the hour and left to
>have a drink at a cafe down a minute or two down the road.
>
>So, i was somewhat surprised when less than 25 minutes later i heard a
>car being pushed to it's limits and shortly thereafter discovered that
>the car racing pass at me at least 120km in a 80km zone - was my new
>car! Screaming passed me, so much so that other people commented that
>he must have the police after him.
>
>My new Audi which i'd worked for years to buy and with it's new wheels
>& tyres was now being driven like a race car by the manager of the Bob
>Jane T-Marts.
>
>it all happened so quickly that by the time my car passed me i didn't
>even have time to wave the guy down, as he was traveling at such a
>great speed.
>
>I rused back to the Bob Jane just as the car was being driven back in
>via the rear of the outlet. I was in such a rage i can't remember the
>words i used at this guy who jumped out my car and ran back into the
>office.
>
>I was meet by another office manager and was told the car was being
>test driven and i guess driving a car at least twice the speed of the
>legal road speed limit is all part of Bob Jane's way of testing cars.
>
>Needless to say i paid the bill and left as soon as possible after not
>being able to find the original driver of my car who had gone into the
>office red faced!
>
>I later found when i arrived home that the 'so called' test drive had
>delivered a direct hit to my left wheel and tyre and a major scratch on
>the face of the outside of the wheel.
>
>When i then attempted to call the Bob Jane head office and was asked to
>give my name and number. I was told someone would call me back within
>the next few hours. So 4 days a later i get a call from a less than
>happy store manager, who informed me that they always test cars and the
>damaged caused to my new wheels and tyres was caused by my driving.
>
>A perfect example of another company who have no level of customer care
>or service. Once again they take your money and are more than happy to
>brush you aside when you make any type of complaint.
>
>I will never shop at a Bob Jane T-Mart again! Please be careful as this
>could happen to you.

Poor baby.. BJTMarts are franchises, which one was it?
Why did you pay the bill and wander off without checking the car or
the work done?
Why did you not resolve the situation on the spot?

Oh and they haven't "ruined your car", they possibly scratched a wheel
which of course they will deny, and of which you have no proof.




Oz1...of the 3 twins.

I welcome you to crackerbox palace,
We've been expecting you.

Ext User(Howling Doggy)
12-01-2007, 10:34 PM
On 12 Jan 2007 00:12:13 -0800, rhobb69@yahoo.com.au wrote:

>Whoever cares,
>
>If you are thinking of shopping at Bob Jane T-Marts, be extremely
>careful!
>
>I recently took my new car to have new wheel and tyres placed on my
>car.

You bought a new car and THEN you decided you didn't like the wheels / tyres
that were provided - how odd; don't most folks get the dealer to change them if
the originals aren't to your taste.....?

Ext User(Mad-Biker)
12-01-2007, 11:03 PM
Hang on a minute, you put new tyres and mags on your car,
the car got test driven and crashed
then they are saying that you caused the damage to the wheels! ffs you havnt
even got into the car yet.

id go down to the local sherifs office or solicitor and SUE THEMs

of course they will deny it, admitting it would cost them a shit load of
money, once you start talking legal action, like sending them a letter of
demand, they cave and will come to the table.


<rhobb69@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message
news:1168589533.074071.108910@s34g2000cwa.googlegr oups.com...
> Whoever cares,
>
> If you are thinking of shopping at Bob Jane T-Marts, be extremely
> careful!
>
> I recently took my new car to have new wheel and tyres placed on my
> car. I left the car and was told the car would be ready within 45 to an
> hour as all that was required was to switch over to the new wheels and
> tyres as they had they already had the tyres fitted to the new wheels.
>
> I left and told the manager that i'd be back in the hour and left to
> have a drink at a cafe down a minute or two down the road.
>
> So, i was somewhat surprised when less than 25 minutes later i heard a
> car being pushed to it's limits and shortly thereafter discovered that
> the car racing pass at me at least 120km in a 80km zone - was my new
> car! Screaming passed me, so much so that other people commented that
> he must have the police after him.
>
> My new Audi which i'd worked for years to buy and with it's new wheels
> & tyres was now being driven like a race car by the manager of the Bob
> Jane T-Marts.
>
> it all happened so quickly that by the time my car passed me i didn't
> even have time to wave the guy down, as he was traveling at such a
> great speed.
>
> I rused back to the Bob Jane just as the car was being driven back in
> via the rear of the outlet. I was in such a rage i can't remember the
> words i used at this guy who jumped out my car and ran back into the
> office.
>
> I was meet by another office manager and was told the car was being
> test driven and i guess driving a car at least twice the speed of the
> legal road speed limit is all part of Bob Jane's way of testing cars.
>
> Needless to say i paid the bill and left as soon as possible after not
> being able to find the original driver of my car who had gone into the
> office red faced!
>
> I later found when i arrived home that the 'so called' test drive had
> delivered a direct hit to my left wheel and tyre and a major scratch on
> the face of the outside of the wheel.
>
> When i then attempted to call the Bob Jane head office and was asked to
> give my name and number. I was told someone would call me back within
> the next few hours. So 4 days a later i get a call from a less than
> happy store manager, who informed me that they always test cars and the
> damaged caused to my new wheels and tyres was caused by my driving.
>
> A perfect example of another company who have no level of customer care
> or service. Once again they take your money and are more than happy to
> brush you aside when you make any type of complaint.
>
> I will never shop at a Bob Jane T-Mart again! Please be careful as this
> could happen to you.
>

Ext User(Noddy)
12-01-2007, 11:43 PM
<rhobb69@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message
news:1168589533.074071.108910@s34g2000cwa.googlegr oups.com...

> I will never shop at a Bob Jane T-Mart again! Please be careful as this
> could happen to you.

So, they scratched one of your rims and owe you a new one.

How was your car "ruined"?

--
Regards,
Noddy.

Ext User(Albm&ctd)
13-01-2007, 01:43 AM
In article <45a75035$1@news.comindico.com.au>, dg4163@(nospam)dodo.com.au
says...
>
> <rhobb69@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message
> news:1168589533.074071.108910@s34g2000cwa.googlegr oups.com...
>
> > I will never shop at a Bob Jane T-Mart again! Please be careful as this
> > could happen to you.
>
> So, they scratched one of your rims and owe you a new one.
>
> How was your car "ruined"?
>
Never know, his car might have been butt *****d by a runaway
circus elephant as well at Bob Jane.. which ask the question, was it a
Thursday? As always we don't get the full story :-)

Al
--
I don't take sides.
It's more fun to insult everyone.
http://kwakakid.cjb.net/insult.html

Ext User(Scotty)
13-01-2007, 02:03 AM
"Albm&ctd" <alb_mandctdNOWMD@connexus.net.au> wrote in message
news:MPG.201201966decf4aa989cd9@news.readfreenews. net...
> In article <45a75035$1@news.comindico.com.au>, dg4163@(nospam)dodo.com.au
> says...
>>
>> <rhobb69@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message
>> news:1168589533.074071.108910@s34g2000cwa.googlegr oups.com...
>>
>> > I will never shop at a Bob Jane T-Mart again! Please be careful as this
>> > could happen to you.
>>
>> So, they scratched one of your rims and owe you a new one.
>>
>> How was your car "ruined"?
>>
> Never know, his car might have been butt *****d by a runaway
> circus elephant as well at Bob Jane.. which ask the question, was it a
> Thursday? As always we don't get the full story :-)
>
> Al
> --
> I don't take sides.
> It's more fun to insult everyone.
> http://kwakakid.cjb.net/insult.html

Only ever seen one car RUINED by a dealer. I turned up to pickup some Alfa
parts for a customer and the workshop doors were all being shut at a great
rate of knots only to see why when I went inside. The mechanics were usign a
two post hoist and had front weighted the car incorrectly but up she went
without hastles. They proceeded to drain the fuel tank and walked away to
let it drain and as the load lessened at the rear the damn thing fell off
the hoist so they did the ole Airline trick and shut up shop till they
sorted it out. Funny to see but couldnt hang round to see just how they
sorted it out. They swore me to secrecey but geeze I wish I had a digi
camera then (Not that you could buy one then I suppose, few years ago now).

Ext User(Aussie)
13-01-2007, 06:27 AM
"Noddy" <dg4163@(nospam)dodo.com.au> wrote in message
news:45a75035$1@news.comindico.com.au...
>
> <rhobb69@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message
> news:1168589533.074071.108910@s34g2000cwa.googlegr oups.com...
>
>> I will never shop at a Bob Jane T-Mart again! Please be careful as this
>> could happen to you.
>
> So, they scratched one of your rims and owe you a new one.
>
> How was your car "ruined"?
>
> --
> Regards,
> Noddy.

How would you know,you dickhead? You've never owned 1.












>

Ext User(Fraser Johnston)
13-01-2007, 08:53 PM
"James" <dotatdot@tpigglet.com.au> wrote in message
news:45a87780$1@dnews.tpgi.com.au...

> Maybe not that uncommon......
>
> The same thing happened at a dealership my brother was working at (won't say
> who or where of course). Brand new cab-chassis ute, seeing as there is stuff
> all weight in the back its almost understandable i guess. The thing hit the
> concrete nose first and ended up resting leaning upside down against the
> wall.

I saw it happen to a mark 1 E-Type Jag. Funnily enough the car was undamaged.

Fraser

Ext User(James)
13-01-2007, 08:53 PM
"Scotty" <scoter1@warmmail.com> wrote in message
news:45a76857$0$21086$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.a u...
>
> "Albm&ctd" <alb_mandctdNOWMD@connexus.net.au> wrote in message
> news:MPG.201201966decf4aa989cd9@news.readfreenews. net...
>> In article <45a75035$1@news.comindico.com.au>, dg4163@(nospam)dodo.com.au
>> says...
>>>
>>> <rhobb69@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message
>>> news:1168589533.074071.108910@s34g2000cwa.googlegr oups.com...
>>>
>>> > I will never shop at a Bob Jane T-Mart again! Please be careful as
>>> > this
>>> > could happen to you.
>>>
>>> So, they scratched one of your rims and owe you a new one.
>>>
>>> How was your car "ruined"?
>>>
>> Never know, his car might have been butt *****d by a runaway
>> circus elephant as well at Bob Jane.. which ask the question, was it a
>> Thursday? As always we don't get the full story :-)
>>
>> Al
>> --
>> I don't take sides.
>> It's more fun to insult everyone.
>> http://kwakakid.cjb.net/insult.html
>
> Only ever seen one car RUINED by a dealer. I turned up to pickup some Alfa
> parts for a customer and the workshop doors were all being shut at a great
> rate of knots only to see why when I went inside. The mechanics were usign
> a two post hoist and had front weighted the car incorrectly but up she
> went without hastles. They proceeded to drain the fuel tank and walked
> away to let it drain and as the load lessened at the rear the damn thing
> fell off the hoist so they did the ole Airline trick and shut up shop till
> they sorted it out. Funny to see but couldnt hang round to see just how
> they sorted it out. They swore me to secrecey but geeze I wish I had a
> digi camera then (Not that you could buy one then I suppose, few years ago
> now).

Maybe not that uncommon......

The same thing happened at a dealership my brother was working at (won't say
who or where of course). Brand new cab-chassis ute, seeing as there is stuff
all weight in the back its almost understandable i guess. The thing hit the
concrete nose first and ended up resting leaning upside down against the
wall.

James

Ext User(Kev)
14-01-2007, 07:41 AM
Howling Doggy wrote:

> On 12 Jan 2007 00:12:13 -0800, rhobb69@yahoo.com.au wrote:
>
>
>>Whoever cares,
>>
>>If you are thinking of shopping at Bob Jane T-Marts, be extremely
>>careful!
>>
>>I recently took my new car to have new wheel and tyres placed on my
>>car.
>
>
> You bought a new car and THEN you decided you didn't like the wheels / tyres
> that were provided - how odd; don't most folks get the dealer to change them if
> the originals aren't to your taste.....?


Why would you have a dealer fit different wheels for thousands more than
you can have them fitted at a tyre outlet?

Kev

Ext User(ant)
14-01-2007, 10:43 PM
the_dawggie wrote:
> Michael C wrote:
> > <rhobb69@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message
> > news:1168589533.074071.108910@s34g2000cwa.googlegr oups.com...
> > > A perfect example of another company who have no level of
> > > customer care or service. Once again they take your money and are
> > > more than happy to brush you aside when you make any type of
> > > complaint.
> > >
> > > I will never shop at a Bob Jane T-Mart again! Please be careful
> > > as this could happen to you.
> >
> > This is just 1 example of a bad apple, every company has them. It
> > sounds like you have given up on this issue far too easily. Push it
> > as far as you can and you might be suprised to get the result
> > you're after. The guy who installed my car alarm was sacked after I
> > pushed the issue. :-)
>
> I didn't find the original post. Was it deleted?

I posted a rant about the same company here years and years ago. I got a
threatening phone call soon afterwards!

I deleted my post, too.

--
ant
Don't try to email me;
I'm borrowing the spammer du jour's addy

Ext User(Emjaye)
16-01-2007, 07:13 PM
Howling said....

> You bought a new car and THEN you decided you didn't like the wheels /
> tyres that were provided - how odd; don't most folks get the dealer to
> change them if the originals aren't to your taste.....?

And pay way more than necessary.

Ext User(Emjaye)
19-01-2007, 04:43 PM
ant said....

> I posted a rant about the same company here years and years ago. I got a
> threatening phone call soon afterwards!
>
> I deleted my post, too.

Why? You should have called their bluff. And if you had a genuine
consumer gripe, told them that you'd be taking it to Consumer Affairs or
whatever forum is available to exact compensation.

Ext User(Faded Glory)
19-01-2007, 05:13 PM
Mad-Biker wrote:
> Hang on a minute, you put new tyres and mags on your car,
> the car got test driven and crashed
> then they are saying that you caused the damage to the wheels! ffs you havnt
> even got into the car yet.
>
> id go down to the local sherifs office or solicitor and SUE THEMs
>
> of course they will deny it, admitting it would cost them a shit load of
> money, once you start talking legal action, like sending them a letter of
> demand, they cave and will come to the table.
>

Did you not read this part


I later found when i arrived home that the 'so called' test drive had
> delivered a direct hit to my left wheel and tyre and a major scratch on
> the face of the outside of the wheel.


How late is later? He may have gone on a trip to Cairns after picking
up the car and returned home 3 weeks later.

I just find it interesting that the OP posted this story here but hasn't
replied to any questions asked of him.


I am sure if i had just paid a lot of money for new rims and tyres I
would have had a good look before I left. And if I had seen my new car
doing 120 in an 80 zone I would have had a good look around it before
leaving.


>
> <rhobb69@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message
> news:1168589533.074071.108910@s34g2000cwa.googlegr oups.com...
>> Whoever cares,
>>
>> If you are thinking of shopping at Bob Jane T-Marts, be extremely
>> careful!
>>
>> I recently took my new car to have new wheel and tyres placed on my
>> car. I left the car and was told the car would be ready within 45 to an
>> hour as all that was required was to switch over to the new wheels and
>> tyres as they had they already had the tyres fitted to the new wheels.
>>
>> I left and told the manager that i'd be back in the hour and left to
>> have a drink at a cafe down a minute or two down the road.
>>
>> So, i was somewhat surprised when less than 25 minutes later i heard a
>> car being pushed to it's limits and shortly thereafter discovered that
>> the car racing pass at me at least 120km in a 80km zone - was my new
>> car! Screaming passed me, so much so that other people commented that
>> he must have the police after him.
>>
>> My new Audi which i'd worked for years to buy and with it's new wheels
>> & tyres was now being driven like a race car by the manager of the Bob
>> Jane T-Marts.
>>
>> it all happened so quickly that by the time my car passed me i didn't
>> even have time to wave the guy down, as he was traveling at such a
>> great speed.
>>
>> I rused back to the Bob Jane just as the car was being driven back in
>> via the rear of the outlet. I was in such a rage i can't remember the
>> words i used at this guy who jumped out my car and ran back into the
>> office.
>>
>> I was meet by another office manager and was told the car was being
>> test driven and i guess driving a car at least twice the speed of the
>> legal road speed limit is all part of Bob Jane's way of testing cars.
>>
>> Needless to say i paid the bill and left as soon as possible after not
>> being able to find the original driver of my car who had gone into the
>> office red faced!
>>
>> I later found when i arrived home that the 'so called' test drive had
>> delivered a direct hit to my left wheel and tyre and a major scratch on
>> the face of the outside of the wheel.
>>
>> When i then attempted to call the Bob Jane head office and was asked to
>> give my name and number. I was told someone would call me back within
>> the next few hours. So 4 days a later i get a call from a less than
>> happy store manager, who informed me that they always test cars and the
>> damaged caused to my new wheels and tyres was caused by my driving.
>>
>> A perfect example of another company who have no level of customer care
>> or service. Once again they take your money and are more than happy to
>> brush you aside when you make any type of complaint.
>>
>> I will never shop at a Bob Jane T-Mart again! Please be careful as this
>> could happen to you.
>>
>
>

Ext User(Falkon)
19-01-2007, 06:24 PM
Howling Doggy wrote:
> On 12 Jan 2007 00:12:13 -0800, rhobb69@yahoo.com.au wrote:
>
>> Whoever cares,
>>
>> If you are thinking of shopping at Bob Jane T-Marts, be extremely
>> careful!
>>
>> I recently took my new car to have new wheel and tyres placed on my
>> car.
>
> You bought a new car and THEN you decided you didn't like the wheels / tyres
> that were provided - how odd; don't most folks get the dealer to change them if
> the originals aren't to your taste.....?

Only people with excessively fat wallets would get a dealer to upgrade
the wheels and tyres (not to mention the limited product range).

Ext User(ant)
25-01-2007, 05:53 PM
Emjaye wrote:
> ant said....
>
> > I posted a rant about the same company here years and years ago. I
> > got a threatening phone call soon afterwards!
> >
> > I deleted my post, too.
>
> Why? You should have called their bluff. And if you had a genuine
> consumer gripe, told them that you'd be taking it to Consumer Affairs
> or whatever forum is available to exact compensation.

Well, when an angry shop manager announces he's "spoken to his lawyer", and
knowing aussie law protects businesses from public comment even more than
individuals (and it was some years back), I took the easy way out.

boy oh boy though, I've sure told a lot of people since!

--
ant
Don't try to email me;
I'm borrowing the spammer du jour's addy

Hosted by: Eyo Technologies Pty Ltd. Sponsored by: Actiontec Pty Ltd