PDA

View Full Version : OT:Another crackhead bites the dust



Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7

Ext User(D Walford)
13-02-2012, 07:23 PM
On 13/02/2012 5:06 PM, XR8 Sprintless wrote:
> On 13/02/2012 10:19 AM, veritas wrote:
>> On 13/02/2012 8:31 AM, Clocky wrote:
>>> veritas wrote:
>>>> On 12/02/2012 2:56 PM, Clocky wrote:
>>>>
>>>>>> How about Justin Bibwearer, or whatever his name is?
>>>>>> That would be AWESOME.
>>>>>
>>>>> He can take our own third rate clone Vidgen with him.
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>> Jack Vidgen's singing style cannot be, in any way, said to be similar
>>>> to Justin Beiber's.
>>>
>>> It's meaningless fodder in a different style.
>>>
>>>
>>
>> If one were to accept all of the 'knockers' here (self professed
>> experts) I will be hearing soon that the stage performances of 'Billy
>> Elliot', 'Vienna Boys Choir', 'Libera', 'Ronan Parke' are a load of shit
>> despite you knockers that are swimming against the tide of opinion of
>> literally millions of people around the world. Where are your support
>> numbers from the public and experts?
>>
>> Well spotted guys - it as only too easy to impress people by knocking.
>> It is good only for the ego of the knockers to try to show people how
>> knowledgeable they are on many subjects! Oddly, it seems to be the same
>> lot of knockers every time.
>
> Interesting comments. However, I have found the majority of talent show
> winners have not really been extremely successful in their careers. It's
> easy to sound good when you have a good band, the best sound equipment
> and a good sound guy mixing for you. You also have a crowd that is
> really like a rent a mob. The problem is that what you see on the tv is
> not what it is like live. There are numerous re-takes to get things
> right, the modern sound equipment can completely change your voice so
> that even if you are singing slightly off key, it sounds like you have
> perfect pitch. Give me a pub band who can get the crowd going anyday. I
> mixed sound for nearly 30 years, and I can tell you that since the
> advent of noise cancelling mikes, automatic feedback controllers etc,
> the job became a doddle.
>>
>> I would have loved to have just 'some' of the talent these kids have. Am
>> I envious - yep! Do I knock down tall poppies because of it - nope - I
>> am not a neanderthal!
>>
>> 'Meaningless fodder' - Haaa, what does that mean - stop random-reading
>> the thesaurus.
>>
>> OK guys, I am wearing my body armour - commence firing! :)
>
> Not really firing, just stating that the average singer now doesn't need
> to have as much talent. Those who can really sing will always make it.
> The problem with the talent shows is that quite often the ones with
> talent are overlooked for the one's who are temporarily popular.

Popularity seems to be enhanced if you are whatever your target market
think is good looking and especially in the case of females they are
prepared to behave in a sexually explicit way and be half naked, actual
talent seems to be secondary.
>
> Jack I think fits into the temporarily popular state. He needs to
> carefully manage the transition once his voice changes and may need to
> change his style to suit.
>
> On a side note, I listened to the Beach Boys on the Grammy's today and
> their music still sounds fantastic. I was just talking to my 19yo
> daughter about it and she actually agrees that many of the older artists
> sounded way better than the newer ones because their music and voices
> were not so sanitised. We were talking about artists like the Rolling
> Stones, The Beatles, Kiss, AC/DC, John Farnham, Jimmy Barnes, Tina
> Turner, Suzi Q, Elvis, Michael Jackson, and Meatloaf to name a few.

Wife and I went to a Farnham concert at the Palais last November, the
bloke just keeps getting better with age, he took a while to warm up but
his voice is still sensational.


Daryl

Ext User(JONZ)
13-02-2012, 07:23 PM
On 13/02/2012 5:06 PM, XR8 Sprintless wrote:
> On 13/02/2012 10:19 AM, veritas wrote:
>> On 13/02/2012 8:31 AM, Clocky wrote:
>>> veritas wrote:
>>>> On 12/02/2012 2:56 PM, Clocky wrote:
>>>>
>>>>>> How about Justin Bibwearer, or whatever his name is?
>>>>>> That would be AWESOME.
>>>>>
>>>>> He can take our own third rate clone Vidgen with him.
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>> Jack Vidgen's singing style cannot be, in any way, said to be similar
>>>> to Justin Beiber's.
>>>
>>> It's meaningless fodder in a different style.
>>>
>>>
>>
>> If one were to accept all of the 'knockers' here (self professed
>> experts) I will be hearing soon that the stage performances of 'Billy
>> Elliot', 'Vienna Boys Choir', 'Libera', 'Ronan Parke' are a load of shit
>> despite you knockers that are swimming against the tide of opinion of
>> literally millions of people around the world. Where are your support
>> numbers from the public and experts?
>>
>> Well spotted guys - it as only too easy to impress people by knocking.
>> It is good only for the ego of the knockers to try to show people how
>> knowledgeable they are on many subjects! Oddly, it seems to be the same
>> lot of knockers every time.
>
> Interesting comments. However, I have found the majority of talent show
> winners have not really been extremely successful in their careers. It's
> easy to sound good when you have a good band, the best sound equipment
> and a good sound guy mixing for you. You also have a crowd that is
> really like a rent a mob. The problem is that what you see on the tv is
> not what it is like live. There are numerous re-takes to get things
> right, the modern sound equipment can completely change your voice so
> that even if you are singing slightly off key, it sounds like you have
> perfect pitch. Give me a pub band who can get the crowd going anyday. I
> mixed sound for nearly 30 years, and I can tell you that since the
> advent of noise cancelling mikes, automatic feedback controllers etc,
> the job became a doddle.
>>
>> I would have loved to have just 'some' of the talent these kids have. Am
>> I envious - yep! Do I knock down tall poppies because of it - nope - I
>> am not a neanderthal!
>>
>> 'Meaningless fodder' - Haaa, what does that mean - stop random-reading
>> the thesaurus.
>>
>> OK guys, I am wearing my body armour - commence firing! :)
>
> Not really firing, just stating that the average singer now doesn't need
> to have as much talent. Those who can really sing will always make it.
> The problem with the talent shows is that quite often the ones with
> talent are overlooked for the one's who are temporarily popular.
>
> Jack I think fits into the temporarily popular state. He needs to
> carefully manage the transition once his voice changes and may need to
> change his style to suit.
>
> On a side note, I listened to the Beach Boys on the Grammy's today and
> their music still sounds fantastic. I was just talking to my 19yo
> daughter about it and she actually agrees that many of the older artists
> sounded way better than the newer ones because their music and voices
> were not so sanitised. We were talking about artists like the Rolling
> Stones, The Beatles, Kiss, AC/DC, John Farnham, Jimmy Barnes, Tina
> Turner, Suzi Q, Elvis, Michael Jackson, and Meatloaf to name a few.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`
Agree with most, but Jimmy Barnes could not sing if his life depended
on it!!

Ext User(JONZ)
13-02-2012, 07:38 PM
On 13/02/2012 11:19 AM, veritas wrote:
> On 13/02/2012 8:31 AM, Clocky wrote:
>> veritas wrote:
>>> On 12/02/2012 2:56 PM, Clocky wrote:
>>>
>>>>> How about Justin Bibwearer, or whatever his name is?
>>>>> That would be AWESOME.
>>>>
>>>> He can take our own third rate clone Vidgen with him.
>>>>
>>>>
>>> Jack Vidgen's singing style cannot be, in any way, said to be similar
>>> to Justin Beiber's.
>>
>> It's meaningless fodder in a different style.
>>
>>
>
> If one were to accept all of the 'knockers' here (self professed
> experts) I will be hearing soon that the stage performances of 'Billy
> Elliot', 'Vienna Boys Choir', 'Libera', 'Ronan Parke' are a load of shit
> despite you knockers that are swimming against the tide of opinion of
> literally millions of people around the world. Where are your support
> numbers from the public and experts?
>
> Well spotted guys - it as only too easy to impress people by knocking.
> It is good only for the ego of the knockers to try to show people how
> knowledgeable they are on many subjects! Oddly, it seems to be the same
> lot of knockers every time.
>
> I would have loved to have just 'some' of the talent these kids have. Am
> I envious - yep! Do I knock down tall poppies because of it - nope - I
> am not a neanderthal!
>
> 'Meaningless fodder' - Haaa, what does that mean - stop random-reading
> the thesaurus.
>
> OK guys, I am wearing my body armour - commence firing! :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~``
Love your work.....

Ext User(Clocky)
13-02-2012, 09:06 PM
Diesel Damo wrote:
> On Feb 13, 9:25 am, "Clocky" <notg...@happen.com> wrote:
>>
>> Autotune is switched on during performances,
>
> I was gutted when I found out that existed. Never before has there
> been an invention that so effectively ruined something it was supposed
> to help. Talent; no longer required. I think I became an old man at
> that point.

To be fair, all it does is correct pitch and doesn't turn a bad singer into
a good one but it does turn a decent singer artificially into a "perfect"
one.

Ext User(Clocky)
13-02-2012, 09:22 PM
D Walford wrote:
> On 13/02/2012 11:19 AM, veritas wrote:
>> On 13/02/2012 8:31 AM, Clocky wrote:
>>> veritas wrote:
>>>> On 12/02/2012 2:56 PM, Clocky wrote:
>>>>
>>>>>> How about Justin Bibwearer, or whatever his name is?
>>>>>> That would be AWESOME.
>>>>>
>>>>> He can take our own third rate clone Vidgen with him.
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>> Jack Vidgen's singing style cannot be, in any way, said to be
>>>> similar to Justin Beiber's.
>>>
>>> It's meaningless fodder in a different style.
>>>
>>>
>>
>> If one were to accept all of the 'knockers' here (self professed
>> experts) I will be hearing soon that the stage performances of 'Billy
>> Elliot', 'Vienna Boys Choir', 'Libera', 'Ronan Parke' are a load of
>> shit despite you knockers that are swimming against the tide of
>> opinion of literally millions of people around the world. Where are
>> your support numbers from the public and experts?
>>
>> Well spotted guys - it as only too easy to impress people by
>> knocking. It is good only for the ego of the knockers to try to show
>> people how knowledgeable they are on many subjects! Oddly, it seems
>> to be the same lot of knockers every time.
>>
>> I would have loved to have just 'some' of the talent these kids
>> have. Am I envious - yep! Do I knock down tall poppies because of it
>> - nope - I am not a neanderthal!
>>
>> 'Meaningless fodder' - Haaa, what does that mean - stop
>> random-reading the thesaurus.
>>
>> OK guys, I am wearing my body armour - commence firing! :)
>
>
> I won't comment either way whether or not such people have talent but
> what puts me off such "talent" is the hype, I know its a different
> world to the 60's where talent floated to the top naturally and the
> crap sank to where it belonged but the way talent is found (or should
> that be manufactured?) and promoted is sickening.

Talent doesn't really come into it. It's all about marketing and short term
profit. Ofcourse this kind of marketing/promotion of rubbish was already
present in the 60's, think Partridge family and the Monkees.

Ext User(John McKenzie)
13-02-2012, 09:26 PM
Noddy wrote:
>
> On 13/02/2012 12:55 AM, veritas wrote:
>
> > ........who was considered good enough for Sony to sign him to a
> > contract before him actually winning the final of the Australia-wide
> > competition.
>
> With all the media hype and audience intelligence these days, it would
> seem that a toasted cheese sandwich could have a successful music career.

Leave Lady Gaga out of this :)
--
John McKenzie

tosspam@aol.com abuse@yahoo.com abuse@hotmail.com abuse@earthlink.com
abuse@aol.com vice.president@whitehouse.gov president@whitehouse.gov
sweep.day@accc.gov.au uce@ftc.gov admin@loopback abuse@iprimus.com.au
$LOGIN@localhost I knew Sanchez before they were dirty root@mailloop.com
$USER@$HOST $LOGNAME@localhost -h1024@localhost abuse@msn.com
abuse@federalpolice.gov.au fraudinfo@psinet.com abuse@asio.gov.au
$USER@localhost abuse@sprint.com abuse@fbi.gov abuse@cia.gov

Ext User(John McKenzie)
13-02-2012, 09:26 PM
Diesel Damo wrote:
>
> On Feb 13, 9:25 am, "Clocky" <notg...@happen.com> wrote:
> >
> > Autotune is switched on during performances,
>
> I was gutted when I found out that existed. Never before has there
> been an invention that so effectively ruined something it was supposed
> to help. Talent; no longer required. I think I became an old man at
> that point.

It sounds ****en horrid though. I'd seriously prefer to hear someone
sing and miss a note here and there (and if it was more than here and
there, why the **** are they worth listening to in the first place)

As an example - Tony Bennet. I think crooner must be defined as 'not
always on key' or something. But it doesn't matter, he's got enough
charisma to be entertaining.




--
John McKenzie

tosspam@aol.com abuse@yahoo.com abuse@hotmail.com abuse@earthlink.com
abuse@aol.com vice.president@whitehouse.gov president@whitehouse.gov
sweep.day@accc.gov.au uce@ftc.gov admin@loopback abuse@iprimus.com.au
$LOGIN@localhost I knew Sanchez before they were dirty root@mailloop.com
$USER@$HOST $LOGNAME@localhost -h1024@localhost abuse@msn.com
abuse@federalpolice.gov.au fraudinfo@psinet.com abuse@asio.gov.au
$USER@localhost abuse@sprint.com abuse@fbi.gov abuse@cia.gov

Ext User(Clocky)
13-02-2012, 09:33 PM
XR8 Sprintless wrote:
> On 13/02/2012 10:19 AM, veritas wrote:
>> On 13/02/2012 8:31 AM, Clocky wrote:
>>> veritas wrote:
>>>> On 12/02/2012 2:56 PM, Clocky wrote:
>>>>
>>>>>> How about Justin Bibwearer, or whatever his name is?
>>>>>> That would be AWESOME.
>>>>>
>>>>> He can take our own third rate clone Vidgen with him.
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>> Jack Vidgen's singing style cannot be, in any way, said to be
>>>> similar to Justin Beiber's.
>>>
>>> It's meaningless fodder in a different style.
>>>
>>>
>>
>> If one were to accept all of the 'knockers' here (self professed
>> experts) I will be hearing soon that the stage performances of 'Billy
>> Elliot', 'Vienna Boys Choir', 'Libera', 'Ronan Parke' are a load of
>> shit despite you knockers that are swimming against the tide of
>> opinion of literally millions of people around the world. Where are
>> your support numbers from the public and experts?
>>
>> Well spotted guys - it as only too easy to impress people by
>> knocking. It is good only for the ego of the knockers to try to show
>> people how knowledgeable they are on many subjects! Oddly, it seems
>> to be the same lot of knockers every time.
>
> Interesting comments. However, I have found the majority of talent
> show winners have not really been extremely successful in their
> careers. It's easy to sound good when you have a good band, the best
> sound equipment and a good sound guy mixing for you. You also have a
> crowd that is really like a rent a mob. The problem is that what you
> see on the tv is not what it is like live. There are numerous
> re-takes to get things right, the modern sound equipment can
> completely change your voice so that even if you are singing slightly
> off key, it sounds like you have perfect pitch. Give me a pub band
> who can get the crowd going anyday. I mixed sound for nearly 30
> years, and I can tell you that since the advent of noise cancelling
> mikes, automatic feedback controllers etc, the job became a doddle.
>>
>> I would have loved to have just 'some' of the talent these kids
>> have. Am I envious - yep! Do I knock down tall poppies because of it
>> - nope - I am not a neanderthal!
>>
>> 'Meaningless fodder' - Haaa, what does that mean - stop
>> random-reading the thesaurus.
>>
>> OK guys, I am wearing my body armour - commence firing! :)
>
> Not really firing, just stating that the average singer now doesn't
> need to have as much talent. Those who can really sing will always
> make it. The problem with the talent shows is that quite often the
> ones with talent are overlooked for the one's who are temporarily
> popular.
> Jack I think fits into the temporarily popular state. He needs to
> carefully manage the transition once his voice changes and may need to
> change his style to suit.
>
> On a side note, I listened to the Beach Boys on the Grammy's today and
> their music still sounds fantastic. I was just talking to my 19yo
> daughter about it and she actually agrees that many of the older
> artists sounded way better than the newer ones because their music
> and voices were not so sanitised. We were talking about artists like
> the Rolling Stones, The Beatles, Kiss, AC/DC, John Farnham, Jimmy
> Barnes, Tina Turner, Suzi Q, Elvis, Michael Jackson, and Meatloaf to
> name a few.

Meat Loaf has lost it big time. He's simply appalling. I think Kiss play
simplistic stuff and sound pretty average live, but they compensate for that
by putting on a show.
I can't stand Tina Turner, she's one of the overrated oldies.

Roy Orbison is timeless though, now that man could sing and he had a style
all his own.

Ext User(John McKenzie)
13-02-2012, 09:33 PM
Noddy wrote:
>
> On 12/02/2012 11:46 PM, D Walford wrote:
>
> > Easily avoidable, who or what is a "Vidgen"?
>
> Yeah, that had me stumped as well. Then again, I don't watch much TV,
> and only listen to "oldies" radio :)

You know what is depressing to me? Most of the stuff that would never
get radio play when it was new - and that I liked (to some extent) -
well i've occasionally listened to triple M whilst on the road, and it's
depressing, on some level, that they are now playing all of it. Not
because the music is crap, but rather because it means I've moved into a
new 'demographic' age wise.

****.


--
John McKenzie

tosspam@aol.com abuse@yahoo.com abuse@hotmail.com abuse@earthlink.com
abuse@aol.com vice.president@whitehouse.gov president@whitehouse.gov
sweep.day@accc.gov.au uce@ftc.gov admin@loopback abuse@iprimus.com.au
$LOGIN@localhost I knew Sanchez before they were dirty root@mailloop.com
$USER@$HOST $LOGNAME@localhost -h1024@localhost abuse@msn.com
abuse@federalpolice.gov.au fraudinfo@psinet.com abuse@asio.gov.au
$USER@localhost abuse@sprint.com abuse@fbi.gov abuse@cia.gov

Ext User(Noddy)
13-02-2012, 09:43 PM
On 13/02/2012 10:14 AM, Diesel Damo wrote:

> I was gutted when I found out that existed. Never before has there
> been an invention that so effectively ruined something it was supposed
> to help. Talent; no longer required. I think I became an old man at
> that point.

Lol :)

I remember reading about Kylie Minogue's first album release (must have
been a slow news day) in which she was being interviewed about the
event, and she claimed to be "excited" because the producer had let her
use her own voice on two of the tracks.

****.....

--
Regards,
Noddy.

Ext User(Noddy)
13-02-2012, 09:43 PM
On 13/02/2012 11:19 AM, veritas wrote:

> If one were to accept all of the 'knockers' here (self professed
> experts) I will be hearing soon that the stage performances of 'Billy
> Elliot', 'Vienna Boys Choir', 'Libera', 'Ronan Parke' are a load of shit

They *are* a load of shit :)

> despite you knockers that are swimming against the tide of opinion of
> literally millions of people around the world.

Hmmm. Public opinion. That's a bit of a double edged sword at times. The
overwhelming majority of the German populace supported Adolph Hitler....

> Where are your support numbers from the public and experts?

Which ones would you be prepared to accept? The ones giving an *opinion*?

> Well spotted guys - it as only too easy to impress people by knocking.
> It is good only for the ego of the knockers to try to show people how
> knowledgeable they are on many subjects! Oddly, it seems to be the same
> lot of knockers every time.

Jeez, someone's pooped their jim-jams over a few people not liking their
choice of music :)

> I would have loved to have just 'some' of the talent these kids have. Am
> I envious - yep! Do I knock down tall poppies because of it - nope - I
> am not a neanderthal!

Hey, if they float your boat then good on you. But just because they do
doesn't mean *everyone* has to think that the sun shines out of their
arseholes.

> 'Meaningless fodder' - Haaa, what does that mean - stop random-reading
> the thesaurus.
>
> OK guys, I am wearing my body armour - commence firing! :)

I'm out of ammo :)


--
Regards,
Noddy.

Ext User(Noddy)
13-02-2012, 09:43 PM
On 13/02/2012 1:32 PM, Feral wrote:

> Yup, I was devastated. I still have reasonable pitch and control (not
> seen in many folk of my age), but seeing as many artists fall like flies
> by the wayside, I'm certainly glad I didn't have an X Factor. :-)

So am I.



--
Regards,
Noddy.

Ext User(Noddy)
13-02-2012, 09:54 PM
On 13/02/2012 2:34 PM, Feral wrote:

> Susan Boyle had *nothing* going for her ... but talent.
>
> One of your the *few*?

Susan Boyle owes her success to the media sensationalism surrounding her
"discovery" as she does to any genuine talent she may have.




--
Regards,
Noddy.

Ext User(Noddy)
13-02-2012, 09:54 PM
On 13/02/2012 5:06 PM, XR8 Sprintless wrote:

> Not really firing, just stating that the average singer now doesn't need
> to have as much talent. Those who can really sing will always make it.
> The problem with the talent shows is that quite often the ones with
> talent are overlooked for the one's who are temporarily popular.

Agreed.

Popularity doesn't necessarily equate with "best".

> Jack I think fits into the temporarily popular state. He needs to
> carefully manage the transition once his voice changes and may need to
> change his style to suit.

I have no idea who he is.

> On a side note, I listened to the Beach Boys on the Grammy's today and
> their music still sounds fantastic.

I only caught a brief glimpse on the evening news, but I thought they
were miming :)

> I was just talking to my 19yo
> daughter about it and she actually agrees that many of the older artists
> sounded way better than the newer ones because their music and voices
> were not so sanitised. We were talking about artists like the Rolling
> Stones, The Beatles, Kiss, AC/DC, John Farnham, Jimmy Barnes, Tina
> Turner, Suzi Q, Elvis, Michael Jackson, and Meatloaf to name a few.

Agreed.


--
Regards,
Noddy.

Ext User(Noddy)
13-02-2012, 10:04 PM
On 13/02/2012 6:21 PM, JONZ wrote:

> Agree with most, but Jimmy Barnes could not sing if his life depended on
> it!!

That depends on your definition of "singing", but most vocalists have
their niche.

As a crooner he'd suck, but as a hard rock singer he's up there with the
best of them.



--
Regards,
Noddy.

Ext User(Noddy)
13-02-2012, 10:04 PM
On 13/02/2012 6:25 PM, JONZ wrote:

> Love your work.....

Did you *understand* any of it?



--
Regards,
Noddy.

Ext User(Noddy)
13-02-2012, 10:04 PM
On 13/02/2012 8:23 PM, John McKenzie wrote:

> You know what is depressing to me? Most of the stuff that would never
> get radio play when it was new - and that I liked (to some extent) -
> well i've occasionally listened to triple M whilst on the road, and it's
> depressing, on some level, that they are now playing all of it. Not
> because the music is crap, but rather because it means I've moved into a
> new 'demographic' age wise.
>
> ****.

Lol :) Ain't getting old a ****ing bitch? :)

--
Regards,
Noddy.

Ext User(Noddy)
13-02-2012, 10:04 PM
On 13/02/2012 8:20 PM, Clocky wrote:

> Talent doesn't really come into it. It's all about marketing and short term
> profit. Ofcourse this kind of marketing/promotion of rubbish was already
> present in the 60's, think Partridge family and the Monkees.

Very good point.

Although in the case of the Monkeys, at least they sounded okay. I
didn't care for the Partridge Family, other than wanting to smack
Danny's head in after ****ing his older sister :)



--
Regards,
Noddy.

Ext User(Noddy)
13-02-2012, 10:16 PM
On 13/02/2012 8:27 PM, Clocky wrote:

> Meat Loaf has lost it big time. He's simply appalling.

He was *woefully* bad at the Grand Final :)

> I think Kiss play simplistic stuff and sound pretty average live, but they compensate for that
> by putting on a show.

I saw them play at the MCG in the 70's and their stage show was great.
Their music was average, but it was the show I wanted to see.

> I can't stand Tina Turner, she's one of the overrated oldies.

I've never been a fan, but if you want over-rated then it's Michael
Jackson for mine.

I mean, sure the guy had talent. He could dance and sing. But if
parading around like Sgt Pepper with your hand permanently on your cock
qualifies as "king of pop" then I'll bare my arse in Bourke Street.

> Roy Orbison is timeless though, now that man could sing and he had a style
> all his own.

He had almost an operatic voice.


--
Regards,
Noddy.

Ext User(D Walford)
13-02-2012, 10:57 PM
On 13/02/2012 8:20 PM, Clocky wrote:
> D Walford wrote:
>> On 13/02/2012 11:19 AM, veritas wrote:
>>> On 13/02/2012 8:31 AM, Clocky wrote:
>>>> veritas wrote:
>>>>> On 12/02/2012 2:56 PM, Clocky wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>>>> How about Justin Bibwearer, or whatever his name is?
>>>>>>> That would be AWESOME.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> He can take our own third rate clone Vidgen with him.
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>> Jack Vidgen's singing style cannot be, in any way, said to be
>>>>> similar to Justin Beiber's.
>>>>
>>>> It's meaningless fodder in a different style.
>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>>> If one were to accept all of the 'knockers' here (self professed
>>> experts) I will be hearing soon that the stage performances of 'Billy
>>> Elliot', 'Vienna Boys Choir', 'Libera', 'Ronan Parke' are a load of
>>> shit despite you knockers that are swimming against the tide of
>>> opinion of literally millions of people around the world. Where are
>>> your support numbers from the public and experts?
>>>
>>> Well spotted guys - it as only too easy to impress people by
>>> knocking. It is good only for the ego of the knockers to try to show
>>> people how knowledgeable they are on many subjects! Oddly, it seems
>>> to be the same lot of knockers every time.
>>>
>>> I would have loved to have just 'some' of the talent these kids
>>> have. Am I envious - yep! Do I knock down tall poppies because of it
>>> - nope - I am not a neanderthal!
>>>
>>> 'Meaningless fodder' - Haaa, what does that mean - stop
>>> random-reading the thesaurus.
>>>
>>> OK guys, I am wearing my body armour - commence firing! :)
>>
>>
>> I won't comment either way whether or not such people have talent but
>> what puts me off such "talent" is the hype, I know its a different
>> world to the 60's where talent floated to the top naturally and the
>> crap sank to where it belonged but the way talent is found (or should
>> that be manufactured?) and promoted is sickening.
>
> Talent doesn't really come into it. It's all about marketing and short term
> profit. Ofcourse this kind of marketing/promotion of rubbish was already
> present in the 60's, think Partridge family and the Monkees.
>
>
True but on a much smaller scale and its gone from unusual to common.



Daryl

Hosted by: Eyo Technologies Pty Ltd. Sponsored by: Actiontec Pty Ltd