PDA

View Full Version : Problems with Toshiba Sat A10

SA000584
30-01-2005, 08:05 AM
I have had a Toshiba Satellite A10 Notebook for about 10 months and since yesterday every 30 minutes or so it turns off all by it self :confused: .

Does any one have any ideas why this is happening ?

alex zorrilla
30-01-2005, 08:50 AM
Is this happening when plugged in or running on battery? Have you tried another battery? If it is plugged in, try removing the battery altogether, if it will let you run that way.

Another possibility is that someone changed the Control Panel --> Power Options when you were not looking.

SA000584
30-01-2005, 09:06 AM
Is this happening when plugged in or running on battery? Have you tried another battery? If it is plugged in, try removing the battery altogether, if it will let you run that way.

Another possibility is that someone changed the Control Panel --> Power Options when you were not looking.

Hi Alex

I have tried it with the power plugged in and with just the battery. Same anwser. Power options seem to be Ok, I have pulled the battery out and will see what happens.

Thanks
Sam

SA000584
30-01-2005, 10:20 AM
Same thing happened. It seems to only turn off when I am playing or burning cd's.

I have read the instructions manual and found this statement
"NOTE: If the CPU temperature reaches an unacceptably high level with
either setting, the system automatically shuts down to prevent damage.
Data in memory will be lost."

It may be the fan or something causing it to overheat. Looks like it is going back to the shop.

alex zorrilla
30-01-2005, 02:06 PM
That is a definite possibility. If your CD drive is removable, try taking it out and putting it back in, just in case that is the problem. Otherwise, off to the shop. :(

Hosted by: Eyo Technologies Pty Ltd. Sponsored by: Actiontec Pty Ltd