eyo technlogies For your PC needs
Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Nintendo Wii

Quote Originally Posted by ExecutoR
    Well they have re-allowed the name again in the forums...

Wii is now trademarked and ALOT of game reporters believe there is NO way Nintendo will change the name again.
    I reckon Revoultion sounded better.
    Code-names aren't the best but.
    Game-cube was code-named dolphin.
    Also there is a new smaller version of a Ds cuming sooon rpg is about $149.99
    Alot for a smaller version of a ds.
    "We all make Freudian slips. This morning I was having breakfast with my wife. I mean't to say, "pass the salt" but I accidentally said, "You stupid woman, you ruined my life"."

Quote Originally Posted by Shimon
    I reckon Revoultion sounded better.
    Code-names aren't the best but.
    Game-cube was code-named dolphin.
    do a little more research it is not quite a smaller DS... but that's offtopic...

Wii is here to stay... the jokes are over and the name is starting to work.

Here is a list of Game Critics Best of E3...

http://wii.ign.com/articles/710/710771p1.html

BEST OF SHOW
    Wii
    (Nintendo)

BEST ORIGINAL GAME
    Spore
    (Maxis/Electronic Arts for PC)

BEST PC GAME
    Spore
    (Maxis/Electronic Arts for PC)

BEST CONSOLE GAME
    Gears of War
    (Epic Games / Microsoft Game Studios for Xbox 360)

BEST HANDHELD GAME
    The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass
    (Nintendo for Nintendo DS)

BEST HARDWARE
    Wii
    (Nintendo)

BEST ACTION GAME
    Gears of War
    (Epic Games / Microsoft Game Studios for Xbox 360)

BEST ACTION/ADVENTURE GAME
    Assassin's Creed
    (Ubisoft Montreal/Ubisoft for PlayStation 3)

BEST FIGHTING GAME
    Heavenly Sword
    (Ninja Theory / Sony Computer Entertainment for PlayStation 3)

BEST ROLE PLAYING GAME
    Mass Effect
    (Bioware / Microsoft Game Studios for Xbox 360)

BEST RACING GAME
    Excite Truck
    (Nintendo for Wii)

BEST SIMULATION GAME
    Spore
    (Maxis / Electronic Arts for PC)

BEST SPORTS GAME
    Wii Sports
    (Nintendo for Wii)

BEST STRATEGY GAME
    Supreme Commander
    (Gas Powered Games / THQ for PC)

BEST PUZZLE/TRIVIA/PARLOR GAME
    Guitar Hero II
    (Harmonix / Red Octane for PlayStation 2)

BEST ONLINE MULTIPLAYER GAME
    Enemy Territory: Quake Wars
    (Splash Damage/id/Activision for PC)

Well done Nintendo top scoring with 5...
    --ExecutoR--
    "I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it."

I know it's OT but I have to reply to this. The Nintendo DS Lite came out on Thursday in Australia, its about 2/3 the size of the original, looks much nicer, is brighter and is RRP$199.

There are still quite a few unanswered questions concerning the Wii. And I'm unsure whether I want one or not, so many rumours and such leave you wondering...

Quote Originally Posted by ExecutoR

Wii is here to stay... the jokes are over and the name is starting to work.
    Bah, that name will never sit right, let alone 'work'.

Quote Originally Posted by linton
    Bah, that name will never sit right, let alone 'work'.
    Yea,
    Nintendo are to "friendly-like".
    they need to be a bit more competitive.
    Wii for "together "wii" will play a really bad nintendo game!
    And I don't know if any1 said this but the wii is gonna cost about $200.
    I got it off the media so don't blame if I'm wrong.
    "We all make Freudian slips. This morning I was having breakfast with my wife. I mean't to say, "pass the salt" but I accidentally said, "You stupid woman, you ruined my life"."

I'm not commenting on the games or the console itself, just the name. It does't sit right.

And I don't know if any1 said this but the wii is gonna cost about $200.
    I got it off the media so don't blame if I'm wrong.
    It hasn't been announced yet but will be no more than US$250. Australia is looking at a price between $300-400.

Quote Originally Posted by JimJim
    It hasn't been announced yet but will be no more than US$250. Australia is looking at a price between $300-400.
    I got it off the newspaper.

I got it off the newspaper.
    Hahaha, the newspaper?
    If they lent them out in the library, they'd be in the fiction section.

EMCWheels is offline Competitions Section Moderator. Committed forum member

Quote Originally Posted by linton
    Hahaha, the newspaper?
    If they lent them out in the library, they'd be in the fiction section.
    I usually find mine under "Children's Literary Classics" next to "The Brothers Grimm" and "The Chronicles of Narnia"

If you've ever read "The Courier Mail", you'd know why it's in the childrens section
    _
    How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could Chuck Norris?

Angry Electronic *ildos

She's CUTE! She's ROOTY-TOOT-TOOT! I bet she smells like JUICY FRUIT!

I think I'll stick to my plain old wireless Xboxcontroller, that thing looks scary.

Just another 3 months or so...

Thought I'd bring this topic back to life, the Wii is of course one of the most anticipated items of 2006.

So here is some of the latest Wii-News:

Zelda Controls
    When we played Zelda at E3 we found ourselves swinging the Wiimote even though we didn't need to. A push of the B button was all that was required to have link swing his sword. However, new information has emerged that may make our senseless swinging part of the game. Now when you swing the controller Link also slashes in that direction. Miyamoto also told Nintendo Dream that even though there was fears that having to play the game in this manner would make you tired; Miyamoto said in reply "Upon actually playing it, it's more interesting this way"

To accommodate this change Nintendo has also changed the way the bow and arrows work, in the E3 version you aimed with the Wiimote then used the D-Pad to fire while this was a bit hard because the D-Pad is up the end of the controller and it just felt like a stretch. But now the firing button for the arrow is the B button (on the Wiimote on the backside) however no word on a action "pulling" method although anything is possible with this move.
    Sonic Wii
    Gaming-Age are suggesting that the official title for Sega's upcoming Sonic title for the Wii will be Sonic and the Secret Rings. According to the Gaming-Age website, this name will replace the previous tentative name 'Sonic: Wild Fire'.

Sonic and the Secret Rings is due out in early 2007.
    GC Compatibility: Zelda
    In a interview at this years Camp Hyrule, NOA's VP of Marketing and Corporate Communications, George Harrison, has revealed in a web based interview that The Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess for Nintendo Wii will only support the Wii control scheme and not use the GameCube's controller. No mention of whether the Classic Controller was able to be used but I'm sure we'll find out in due course.
    New Titles
    Nintendo is apparently "up to its neck" developing two new pieces of software for the Wii. The first one is familiar and honestly not surprising; Brain Training for Wii. The other software apparently in development is an exercising title.

Much like the Touch Generation series, Brain Training Wii and this exercising Wii software are being marked for the casual gamer who may have never picked up a "game" controller before. Using the Wii-mote for calculating fat burn etc does sound like a simple idea and could do very well.
    All thanks to vooks.net

Decenmber 2nd Japanese release date.

http://au.gamespot.com/news/6157573.html

US$250 = AU$332(so probably $349 release price, unless they decide to be greely like they all do and go for a $399)

matt30822 is offline Competitions Section Moderator
    Winner - Forums Biggest Competitions Freq 2006.
    Committed forum member

Just announced - (Looks like they have decided to be greedy....)

Quote Originally Posted by Nintendo Members Newsletter
    NINTENDO’S Wii CONSOLE LAUNCHES DEC 7th IN AUSTRALIA SRP$399.95

Around 20 New Games and User-Friendly ‘Channels’ Make it the Affordable System for Gamers, Newcomers and Families

As part of a global launch period, Wii will arrive in Australia on December 7th. Wii will be sold as an affordable, mass-consumer product at an SRP of just $399.95. The price includes one wireless Wii Remote controller, one Nunchuk™ controller and the groundbreaking collection of five different Wii Sports games on one disc, which anyone can play using simple movements, experienced or not.

Every Wii console includes another distinctive feature: a series of on-screen “channels” that make up the Wii Channel Menu, which makes the console approachable and customisable for everyone, from the most avid gamer to people who have never played before.

The Wii Channel Menu is the starting point for all of the console’s functions. The “channels” offer a gateway to a rich variety of entertainment options. When connected to a TV, the Wii Channel Menu offers a simple interface, letting users pick games to play, get news or weather, view and send photos or even create playable caricatures of themselves to use in actual games.

Additional functions allow users to redeem Wii Points and download classic games to Wii’s Virtual Console™. The variety of options available through the Wii Channel Menu motivates both gamers and non-gamers to turn on Wii’s power every day.

Wii is creating worldwide excitement with its unique control system, an inventive, first-of-its-kind controller whose position can be detected in a 3-D space. The new controller allows users to pinpoint targets in games or move through the Wii Channel Menu with precision and ease. This intuitive control system will be understood immediately by everyone, regardless of their previous experience with video games.

With this one small controller, Wii makes games both easier and more intense than anything previously experienced. For example, in the Wii Sports tennis game, players swing the Wii Remote like a racquet to hit the ball, as in real life. They can add topspin or slice the ball just by angling their hands and wrist like they would in a real match.

“Wii is a product for all to enjoy. Whether you’re young or old, an experienced gamer or complete novice, Wii has something unique to offer us all,” says Rose Lappin, Director of Sales and Marketing. “At such an affordable price, we see Wii as being a true product of everybody.”

Between launch day and Dec. 31, Wii owners will enjoy a robust lineup of around 20 software titles, with selections for everyone from video game veterans to newcomers.

Some top Nintendo launch titles include Wii Sports, a compilation of tennis, baseball, golf, bowling and boxing and The Legend of Zeldaź: Twilight Princess.

Wii’s self-loading media bay also can play the entire library of hundreds of Nintendo GameCube™ titles from day one.

Third-party developers around the world have lined up to provide unprecedented support for Wii.

Additional information about the list of Virtual Console games and the pricing structure will be revealed on nintendo.com.au in the coming weeks.
    Currently Playing: Mirror's Edge, Call of Duty: World at War and Combat Arms
    Currently Watching: Terminator: The Sarah Conner Chronicles - S02E10
    Currently waiting for: Next episode of Terminator: TSCC, Mirror's Edge Downloadable Content and my pizza delivery

Pictureresque is offline Previously known as GTA007
    Winner - Phorums Most Annoying Member 2005
    Winner - Phorums Most Misspelled Username
    You should know me by now

They just had to make it a few weeks before Christmas.

Will be interesting to see if some retailers will drop it to $350.
    New Year Resolutions

> Live healthily > Be a good brother/son > To do my best

Quote Originally Posted by Watcher
    YOu want to dare me, so see what happens.

matt30822 is offline Competitions Section Moderator
    Winner - Forums Biggest Competitions Freq 2006.
    Committed forum member

I think you would want to get it from either K-mart or Big W as i think EB and myers will go with the srp.
    Currently Playing: Mirror's Edge, Call of Duty: World at War and Combat Arms
    Currently Watching: Terminator: The Sarah Conner Chronicles - S02E10
    Currently waiting for: Next episode of Terminator: TSCC, Mirror's Edge Downloadable Content and my pizza delivery

My prediction is you'll see it around $10 under the rrp (if at all).
    With the release right before christmas and numbers of consoles on first release usually limited, there is no reason to lower prices, they'll sell no matter what.
    My sister has pre-ordered one from Myer, so I'll rock up around there dec. 7th and check it out.

If the Nintendo newsletter is correct (and other worldwide reports are too) then the $399 price can be sort of justified as it mentions the Nunchuk controller will be included, where as overseas it's an extra cost.

Quote Originally Posted by linton View Post
    If the Nintendo newsletter is correct (and other worldwide reports are too) then the $399 price can be sort of justified as it mentions the Nunchuk controller will be included, where as overseas it's an extra cost.
    Wii sports is included too, somewhere else isn't getting it, could be Japan. It's a little pricier than I thought, but it's still a great deal compared to the other 2 consoles...well the PS3 anyway, Xbox360 is pretty expensive too, but a little more reasonable.

Can't wait to get my hands on it, not sure if I'll pre-order this time, I do want to be playing Zelda by the end of the year though
    Aussie Aussie Aussie