porno trk porno rokettube

View Poll Results: Which would you prefer when you're dead!!!

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • Burn me please

    21 61.76%
  • Bury me with the bugs

    5 14.71%
  • Don't really care!

    8 23.53%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 71

Thread: Cremated or Buried?

  1. #21

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    perth
    Age
    31
    Posts
    1,856
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizard Drinkin
    You can have a little spot in a big brick wall at the cemetary with a tasteful little plaque. "WE BURNT HIM. WE BURNT HIM GOOD" for example.
    alot of places also have "rose gardens" where they bury the ashes aswell!

  2. #22

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Melbourne
    Age
    36
    Posts
    1,574
    Back in the day wasn't cremation considered a sin by Christians? But changed now?
    R.I.P "Albert Munro" R.A.A.F Veteran

    "D ung, d hard. Til Valhall vi drar" (Die young, die hard. To Valhalla we travel)

  3. #23

    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Sydney (FSFC Member)
    Age
    38
    Posts
    8,196
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePaganWinter
    Back in the day wasn't cremation considered a sin by Christians? But changed now?
    It would seem opinion is divided - the bible says nothing specifically denouncing cremation.

    http://www.biblequestions.org/Archives/BQAR016.htm

    But if you're a religious nutter you can find plenty of stuff in the bible which you can *infer* as suggesting cremation is a sin by proxy.

    http://members.aol.com/twarren14/cremation.html

  4. #24

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Melbourne
    Age
    36
    Posts
    1,574
    Some of the Chrisitan views concerning this are quite arrogant heh

    2nd Chronicles 33:5-6

    "And he built altars for all the host of heaven in the two courts of the house of the LORD.
    And he caused his children to pass through the fire in the valley of the son of Hinnom: also he observed times, and used enchantments, and used witchcraft, and dealt with a familiar spirit, and with wizards: he wrought much evil in the sight of the LORD, to provoke him to anger."
    The pagan nations have always used cremation in their varied religious practices. Some as a release (supposedly) of the spirit at death, while others used the practice in idolatrous pagan fire worship. Still others used it as the aid or help in reincarnation. As an example, there are religions (such as the Hindus), which practice cremation in support of reincarnation, and then sprinkle the ashes of those who are burned up upon the Ganges river. These false religions deny any bodily resurrection and their practices are a sign of that.
    But God declared that His people were to be separate from the traditions and practices of their pagan neighbors. He forbade the believers of the Old Testament from following the religions and customs of the un-Godly foreigners, and commanded His Children that they should bury their dead bodies.

    Surely Christians did burn their dead - concerning disease factors though ... such as the plague and so on.

    Quite an interesting topic really.
    R.I.P "Albert Munro" R.A.A.F Veteran

    "D ung, d hard. Til Valhall vi drar" (Die young, die hard. To Valhalla we travel)

  5. #25
    brettos01 is offline EYO forum member I'm either new or don't have much to say

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Seaforth, Northern Beaches.
    Age
    55
    Posts
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizard Drinkin
    Just a small affair for me... a lightly decorated Viking ship floating down the Yarra in flames, adorned with as much precious metal as it can hold. Oh, and I want my wife burned with me. Thanks.

    Crickey, What happens if , god forbid, she passes on before you!

    I suppose there is always euthenasia.

    Don't know if I would go with my missus but to each his own.

    Good Luck!

    Brettos.

  6. #26

    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Sydney - FSFC Member
    Posts
    3,845
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizard Drinkin
    Just a small affair for me... a lightly decorated Viking ship floating down the Yarra in flames, adorned with as much precious metal as it can hold. Oh, and I want my wife burned with me. Thanks.
    Do you want all your slaves and horses to come with you to the afterlife as well?

  7. #27

    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    NSW
    Posts
    896
    Despite this being an uncomfortable topic, I may as well discuss it:

    I found it interesting that the majority is going cremated, which I wouldn't have expected without reading all the comments.

    Personally, I would like it traditionally, bury me please in a nice place.

    With comments on bugs etc, if you are rich enough you can afford special family crypts etc, bugs won't be much of a problem. Also recently a record number of people are being buried with phones in case they do 'wake up'. Problem is the phone will either:

    a) run out of battery, despite being on or off.
    b) the phone is phased out or the account is cancelled
    c) the network dies
    d) the company folds

    So yes that is my thoughts.

    I have another question:

    If you were to be cremated, do you still want a funeral? and how would you conduct it? (considering your in a vase)

  8. #28
    Lizard Drinkin's Avatar
    Lizard Drinkin is offline Previously known as 'Sophocles Cletis Swiggins'
    Winner - Best Username 2007 and 2008
    Committed forum member

    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Melbourne. The only city in the world established by Batman.
    Age
    45
    Posts
    7,218
    Quote Originally Posted by dr_zoidberg
    Do you want all your slaves and horses to come with you to the afterlife as well?
    Depends. Can I BURN THEM?
    Quote Originally Posted by JimJim
    If you were to be cremated, do you still want a funeral? and how would you conduct it? (considering your in a vase)
    All the cremations I've attended occur after/at the end of the funeral.
    This world was never meant for one as slow and delicious as you

  9. #29
    Diabolical's Avatar
    Diabolical is offline -Winner of the Shut-Up award for best comeback 2008
    -Winner-Best Signature Award 2008
    Committed forum member

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    5,292
    Quote Originally Posted by brettos01
    Crickey, What happens if , god forbid, she passes on before you!

    I suppose there is always euthenasia.

    Don't know if I would go with my missus but to each his own.

    Good Luck!

    Brettos.
    I suspect he was referring to a tradition in some cultures where the wife of the deceased is burned alive with their dead spouse.

    Don't quote me on this but I seem to recall my mother telling me that she'd been contacted by the crematorium where she had her mother nailed into a wall 15 years prior (well, her ashes ) to come collect them. Apparently a hole in the wall is for rental purposes only and she'd only paid enough to last that length of time.

    Personally, I've always preferred the idea of cremation. When I was a kid my Aunt and I would take walks through the local graveyard, reading headstones and (in my case) hoping for a glimpse of some bones. One day I saw the caretaker burning refuse on a bonfire on the grounds of the graveyard. At the time I seriously thought this was how they cremated people and you know what...I'd be much happier having them chuck me on a bonfire than the morbid way they nuke people in crematoriums. But until Council's and their hygiene laws relax a bit I'll just have to settle for the curtain raise as my coffin slips into a raging furnace for all my family to see. As far as my ashes go, my family can spread them somewhere they think appropriate and can visit there if they want to commune with me. You don't need a grave site to remember someone, you just need to make a lasting impression while you're alive .
    Proper capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.

  10. #30
    dvder's Avatar
    dvder is offline Winner - Most random/mysterious person (Joint winner with tuesday & groggypoo)
    Valued Forum Member
    Committed forum member

    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    melbourne
    Posts
    7,043
    Quote Originally Posted by dr_zoidberg
    I don't really care where I end up. They're going to cut all the useful things out of me first so I'm not worried about being buried alive. The one thing that would make me choose burial over cremation is if my loved ones want somewhere to go to pay their respects.
    that doesn'tworry me, they can pay their respect wherever they are by just thinking and remembering the good times.

  11. #31

    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Sydney - FSFC Member
    Posts
    3,845
    Quote Originally Posted by JimJim
    Also recently a record number of people are being buried with phones in case they do 'wake up'. Problem is the phone will either:

    a) run out of battery, despite being on or off.
    b) the phone is phased out or the account is cancelled
    c) the network dies
    d) the company folds
    If someone gets buried alive I don't think they'll survive more than a few days in the ground (with the lack of air and water), so I seriously don't think phone batteries are going to be much of a problem. Let alone the phone being phased out. That takes years to happen, the person inside would be nice and dried out by then. The only problem would be the reception quality from 6 feet under.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lizard Drinkin
    Depends. Can I BURN THEM?
    Hell yeah. What would be the point otherwise? FIRE!!!!
    *flicks a lighter on and off repeatedly*

  12. #32
    snapper is offline Previously known as 'death'
    Valued Forum Member
    Committed forum member

    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Melbourne Australia
    Age
    36
    Posts
    1,263
    Id rather cremation simply because its cheaper. I dont think its nessasary to spend lots of money on a funeral.
    I proabally dont even want a plot, just burn me, throw the ashes away and be done with it.

    The only reason against cremation IMO is when the person died under suspect conditions. ie. it could be murder. In that case if a complete autopsie isnt already done it should be then burn it. You may wish to keep the body incase they find things to check for later.

    If it was a natural death I think all the organs that can be used for transplants should be taken out and used by others first then do the cremation.

    Some people may believe you are paying your respects but the fact remains that person is dead and can't see this.
    These people should have shown their respect and love and forgiven them when the person was alive not when they are dead.

  13. #33

    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Ballarat
    Age
    35
    Posts
    7,108
    Quote Originally Posted by JimJim
    If you were to be cremated, do you still want a funeral? and how would you conduct it? (considering your in a vase)
    My grandmother recently passed and was cremated.
    We had a memorial service, at which we could view the body and say our goodbyes in private, following which the coffin was closed up and we sat and shared stories, etc.

    The following day we received the ashes, all gathered again and held a 'scattering' into the ocean. She was a mad for her fishing.

  14. #34

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    145
    Quote Originally Posted by dr_zoidberg
    If someone gets buried alive I don't think they'll survive more than a few days in the ground (with the lack of air and water), so I seriously don't think phone batteries are going to be much of a problem. Let alone the phone being phased out. That takes years to happen, the person inside would be nice and dried out by then. The only problem would be the reception quality from 6 feet under.


    Hell yeah. What would be the point otherwise? FIRE!!!!
    *flicks a lighter on and off repeatedly*
    Wouldn't he last atleast a day or mabey less?
    "We all make Freudian slips. This morning I was having breakfast with my wife. I mean't to say, "pass the salt" but I accidentally said, "You stupid woman, you ruined my life"."

  15. #35

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    7,114
    years ago when my nan died she was cremated, My grandad being tight fisted didt want to pay for her ashes to be buried in the family grave, so him and a mate went for a few beers then decided to do it themselves. they put nans ashes in an ice cream container filled with earth and stuck a plant on the top,they then carefully put the ice cream pot to sit neatly on the grave by the headstone,disguising it with foliage,There it stayed, with only the chosen few knowing the secret of its contents,One day my dad who had never visited the grave decided to go along and clean it all up,,he came back all proud and told me" i chucked that rotten pot away fancy having that stuck on a grave".I never did tell him he had chucked his own mother in the rubbish bin,(put me off neopolitan ice cream for good)

  16. #36
    BiggyRat's Avatar
    BiggyRat is offline 2007 Winner - Damn you can be annoying, but we still like you... sometimes. Committed forum member

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Bongo Congo
    Age
    52
    Posts
    10,222
    Quote Originally Posted by JO-JO
    years ago when my nan died she was cremated, My grandad being tight fisted didt want to pay for her ashes to be buried in the family grave, so him and a mate went for a few beers then decided to do it themselves. they put nans ashes in an ice cream container filled with earth and stuck a plant on the top,they then carefully put the ice cream pot to sit neatly on the grave by the headstone,disguising it with foliage,There it stayed, with only the chosen few knowing the secret of its contents,One day my dad who had never visited the grave decided to go along and clean it all up,,he came back all proud and told me" i chucked that rotten pot away fancy having that stuck on a grave".I never did tell him he had chucked his own mother in the rubbish bin,(put me off neopolitan ice cream for good)
    LMFAO! Classic. Poor Nan though
    "Damned if I do, Damned if I don't, stuffed if I care..." BiggyRat 2010

  17. #37

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    7,114
    i want to be creamated and put into several egg timers i will request that
    the ones being given to people i like will have the right amount of ash to ensure perfect eggs
    the ones going to the people i dont like will have the wrong quantity of ash so they will have runny/bullet eggs every time they use it.

    i do not want to be forgotton to quickly

  18. #38
    BiggyRat's Avatar
    BiggyRat is offline 2007 Winner - Damn you can be annoying, but we still like you... sometimes. Committed forum member

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Bongo Congo
    Age
    52
    Posts
    10,222
    Quote Originally Posted by JO-JO
    i want to be creamated and put into several egg timers i will request that
    the ones being given to people i like will have the right amount of ash to ensure perfect eggs
    the ones going to the people i dont like will have the wrong quantity of ash so they will have runny/bullet eggs every time they use it.

    i do not want to be forgotton to quickly
    So no Ice Cream container for you then eh?
    "Damned if I do, Damned if I don't, stuffed if I care..." BiggyRat 2010

  19. #39

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    7,114
    Quote Originally Posted by BiggyRat
    So no Ice Cream container for you then eh?
    i bequeth runny eggs to biggy

  20. #40
    BiggyRat's Avatar
    BiggyRat is offline 2007 Winner - Damn you can be annoying, but we still like you... sometimes. Committed forum member

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Bongo Congo
    Age
    52
    Posts
    10,222
    Quote Originally Posted by JO-JO
    i bequeth runny eggs to biggy
    Gee thanks babe. I don't know what to say
    "Damned if I do, Damned if I don't, stuffed if I care..." BiggyRat 2010

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-04-2006, 09:13 PM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-04-2006, 04:17 AM
  3. Task bar icon tips buried
    By Dr. Dos in forum microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-07-2005, 12:13 PM
  4. Is it legal to be buried on private land?
    By Joseph Sixpack in forum aus.legal
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 18-06-2005, 11:23 AM
  5. Our Generation buried in late night
    By Daniel Burdie in forum aus.tv
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 26-12-2003, 10:57 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •