porno türk porno rokettube
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 307

Thread: Strathfield Divx Players with Mediatek Chip ? XMS855 DVX222D

  1. #81

    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    554
    A couple more questions for andw or someone who has bought either of these players - are they able to read mulit-session DVD+RW or DVD-RW discs and do they support UDF?

    Cheers,
    BAC

  2. #82

    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Perth WA
    Age
    47
    Posts
    2,019
    Quote Originally Posted by bac View Post
    A couple more questions for andw or someone who has bought either of these players - are they able to read mulit-session DVD+RW or DVD-RW discs and do they support UDF?

    Cheers,
    BAC
    I'll do a check.

  3. #83
    hoxygt is offline Treat me like a newbie I'm either new or don't have much to say

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    16
    Thanks for the great review - very nice work. I'm looking for a player for my brother for Christmas so I might return the HDV1000 for two of the 222's

  4. #84

    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Perth WA
    Age
    47
    Posts
    2,019
    Quote Originally Posted by kirby View Post
    ...The avi files and its idx/sub files has 61 alphabets. It would play the avi files as though the idx/sub files do not exist. When I shorten the avi/idx/sub files' to 27 alphabets the subtitle would then be displayed. This happens both before and after the firmware upgrade and reset. My Zensonic Z340 would have not problem displaying subtitle with long file name as long as 80 alphabets or more.
    Hi Kirby
    This is now fixed.
    Patched to support up to 127 characters on the subtitle filenames.
    Hopefully this should be enough.
    The updates for both the XMS855 and the DVX222D are now available from my website http://www.wisexv.com/dvx222-xms855/index.html
    I've also put a version number on the main page so you can check it has been updated.
    The update is v1.01, and it will say "v1.01" in the bottom left corner when you press Setup.

  5. #85

    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Perth WA
    Age
    47
    Posts
    2,019
    Quote Originally Posted by bac View Post
    A couple more questions for andw or someone who has bought either of these players - are they able to read mulit-session DVD+RW or DVD-RW discs and do they support UDF?

    Cheers,
    BAC
    Answer is yes.
    Dropped a UDF disc in, read it straight away with no issues. (this is formatted UDF only)
    Dropped a DVD-RW with 2 sessions on it, read and played both.
    I do not have a +RW, but if it does -RW it *should* work on +RW.

    I haven't tried multisession DVD+R or DVD-R, but doubt very much they will work. (single session is fine)

    edit: BTW, I tested the subtitle filename length patch with a 100 character filename on the second session of a DVD-RW.
    I just noticed that my test file has 2 streams in it (idx/sub) and it happily switches between those.

  6. #86

    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Perth WA
    Age
    47
    Posts
    2,019
    Okay, I've done up my review of these units - see http://www.wisexv.com/dvx222-xms855/dvxmsreview.htm

    (did I mention that I am a fan of Mediatek based players? :-) )

  7. #87
    hoxygt is offline Treat me like a newbie I'm either new or don't have much to say

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    16
    Fantastic work, well done. Your a fan of the MediaTek players I would have never known!

    As good or if not better than the Z330/340 wow! Now if Strathfield can just keep them in stock........

    Its nice that the remote buttons are shaped slightly different for different functions. My Omni HDV1000 has all buttons same size and shape (bit confusing in the dark).

    I look forward to finally having a go at a MediaTek player

  8. #88

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    134
    Quote Originally Posted by andw View Post
    Hi Kirby
    This is now fixed.
    Patched to support up to 127 characters on the subtitle filenames.
    Hopefully this should be enough.
    The updates for both the XMS855 and the DVX222D are now available from my website http://www.wisexv.com/dvx222-xms855/index.html
    I've also put a version number on the main page so you can check it has been updated.
    The update is v1.01, and it will say "v1.01" in the bottom left corner when you press Setup.
    Fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    I would like to take this opportunity to thank andw and jok11n for all their assistance and great enthusiasm in this forum.

  9. #89

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    134
    Oh, Great review too andw!!!! Thank you!!

    I bought the DVX222D before the review came out. For that sort of price I thought I have little to lose. Now that the long file name is enabled, I am very happy with the unit.

    However, I think the Z340's remote is far better in the placement of various buttons.

    jok11n, I am glad that I didn't continue to chase up the now extinct Zensonic Z340. This new unit is just as good. I am going spread the news a bit. John A's branch would have some extra business soon.

  10. #90

    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Perth WA
    Age
    47
    Posts
    2,019
    Quote Originally Posted by kirby View Post
    Oh, Great review too andw!!!! Thank you!!
    thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kirby View Post
    ....
    However, I think the Z340's remote is far better in the placement of various buttons. ...
    I agree.

  11. #91
    jokiin's Avatar
    jokiin is offline Administrator
    Winner - Best Signature Award 2009
    Rules maintainer Committed forum member

    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Sydney
    Age
    52
    Posts
    6,184
    Quote Originally Posted by kirby View Post
    However, I think the Z340's remote is far better in the placement of various buttons.
    It's a tough choice when it comes to remotes, the one these have was chosen as the best all round option, form, function etc, I know it won't win any beauty contests but performance was rated above looks in the process, Andw has the original remote design and I'm sure he would agree that this remote is better than the one the factory normally supplies with their players.

    Quote Originally Posted by kirby View Post
    jok11n, I am glad that I didn't continue to chase up the now extinct Zensonic Z340. This new unit is just as good. I am going spread the news a bit. John A's branch would have some extra business soon.
    Thanks for the feedback

  12. #92

    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Perth WA
    Age
    47
    Posts
    2,019
    Quote Originally Posted by jok11n View Post
    ..., Andw has the original remote design and I'm sure he would agree that this remote is better than the one the factory normally supplies with their players....
    Absolutely!!!
    It's not exactly ugly at all, just a good functional remote.
    Fairly reasonable layout etc.
    Certainly a lot uglier and less functional remotes out there that is for sure.

  13. #93

    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Perth WA
    Age
    47
    Posts
    2,019
    For those with the DVX222D, this player has a bunch of front panel buttons that the XMS-855 and some of the other players don't have.

    As those of you who have had these types of players before will know, they are pretty much useless without the remote control.
    You cannot navigate a file list or a DVD menu.

    So....
    I've done a little experiment (that worked) whereby the front panel buttons are remapped.
    I have made the << and >> (search) buttons Up and down (as these are one above the other).
    And I have made the |<< and >>| buttons left and right (as they are the left and right buttons on the round buttony thing).

    Play/pause, Stop, Eject and Standby are all left as they are.

    What this means is that you can now navigate both DVD menus and the File menus, start files and select DVD features by pressing play with the buttons on the front of the player.

    What you lose on the front panel is FFWD/RWND, and NEXT/PREV chapters - these are still obviously available on the remote control.

    (next/prev chapter buttons didn't select next / previous song when playing mp3's etc, just jumped to the next page of files in the list, but they probably jump to the next track on an audio CD)

    As you can't actually start a lot of DVDs, or a file without the arrow keys, then losing next/prev chapter for DVDs and fast forward/rewind from the front panel buttons probably isn't much of an issue.

    Do people think that this is something they would like to see on the DVX222D?
    I certainly think it is much better - drop a disc in and directly navigate to a file without having to look for the remote.

  14. #94

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    134
    Quote Originally Posted by andw View Post
    Do people think that this is something they would like to see on the DVX222D?
    I certainly think it is much better - drop a disc in and directly navigate to a file without having to look for the remote.
    Good feature. Are you going to modify the firmware to achieve that?

    Also, have anyone watch a full length DVD movie with the DVX222D yet? I watched one on a DVD+RW yesterday and another one on a DVD-R today. I noticed that from time to time there is a very slight pause. Just a fraction of a second but long enough for one to notice it. Not quite sure why that happens. Shall play a few more DVD-R later this week and see.

  15. #95
    jokiin's Avatar
    jokiin is offline Administrator
    Winner - Best Signature Award 2009
    Rules maintainer Committed forum member

    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Sydney
    Age
    52
    Posts
    6,184
    Quote Originally Posted by kirby View Post
    Good feature. Are you going to modify the firmware to achieve that?
    Yes its a firmware mod

    Quote Originally Posted by kirby View Post
    I noticed that from time to time there is a very slight pause. Just a fraction of a second but long enough for one to notice it. Not quite sure why that happens. Shall play a few more DVD-R later this week and see.
    A few things to check, do you have the player and your TV both set to AUTO or MULTI so that the player does not have to convert the output on the fly?

    Also worth checking your media for PI and PO errors, if the numbers are a bit high it could be enough to deplete the buffer used for error correction, some errors on media is completely normal but if it has too many it can cause slight pauses, this is why people often say to burn at a slower speed so as to reduce the amount of errors in the burn.

  16. #96

    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Perth WA
    Age
    47
    Posts
    2,019
    Haven't noticed that as yet.
    The discs are clean, no scratches etc?

    Firmware update for DVX-222D.
    I've put up the mod on my website.
    http://www.wisexv.com/dvx222-xms855/index.html
    (see "firmware updates")

    Now, to avoid confusion (I hope), the numbering works like this.
    v1.01 is the version with long filename support etc.
    p1.01 exactly the same except front (p)anel buttons changed.
    That way people can choose what they would prefer.

  17. #97

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    134
    Quote Originally Posted by jok11n View Post
    A few things to check, do you have the player and your TV both set to AUTO or MULTI so that the player does not have to convert the output on the fly?

    Also worth checking your media for PI and PO errors, if the numbers are a bit high it could be enough to deplete the buffer used for error correction, some errors on media is completely normal but if it has too many it can cause slight pauses, this is why people often say to burn at a slower speed so as to reduce the amount of errors in the burn.
    OK, my projector is rather old. It only has PAL or NTSC setting. I usually set it to NTSC because when used with Zensonic Z340, that setting gives a better aspect ratio on the screen ie less chop off on the left and right side.

    DVD-R Movie on Sunday night (NTSC)
    Nero CD-DVD speed quality score 96%, TYG02 DVD-R, Projector setting : NTSC, DVX222D setting : NTSC

    DVD-R Movie on Monday night (NTSC)
    Nero CD-DVD speed quality score 95%, TYG02 DVD-R, Projector setting : NTSC, DVX222D setting : AUTO

    Both have those very short pauses of a split of a second. More on Sunday night movie then Monday night movie.

    I shall do more testing over the next week. See if I can find some PAL movie to watch.

  18. #98

    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    standing right behind you...
    Posts
    130
    Looks like my XMS-855 is having problems with playing DVD-RWs. It seems to skip or pause for a duration. And I find it rather noisy to my other Mp4/DivX players.

    The first player that I picked up (power failure) was excellent as it played all sub files. The subsequent replacements did not manage to play the same movie with the same sub file.

    Once again it may be a bad batch I keep picking up

    Is there a listing or explanation of all the subtitle formats (srt/sub/idx)...

    Thanks for the review and all the responses here.
    I wish I had a dollar for everytime I put my two cents worth because then I'd be $0.98 richer...

  19. #99
    vlork is offline Treat me like a newbie I'm either new or don't have much to say

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by layeggs View Post
    Looks like my XMS-855 is having problems with playing DVD-RWs. It seems to skip or pause for a duration. And I find it rather noisy to my other Mp4/DivX players.

    The first player that I picked up (power failure) was excellent as it played all sub files. The subsequent replacements did not manage to play the same movie with the same sub file.

    Once again it may be a bad batch I keep picking up

    Is there a listing or explanation of all the subtitle formats (srt/sub/idx)...

    Thanks for the review and all the responses here.
    I have bought three of the 855 so far . When I got the third home and unboxed it , I found it was a repack , some one elses return . The batteries where missing , and all the bags had been opened , and it didnt play DVD-RW also ( This is from Mitcham , perhaps it was your return )
    I returned it , and they exchanged it with no problems. The new one plays DVD-RW fine.
    I did notice after upgrading the firmware , that the subtitles didnt work properley for a Divx I was playing . Resetiing the setup to defaults cured this problem , so perhaps try it yourself.

  20. #100

    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Perth WA
    Age
    47
    Posts
    2,019
    Always reset to defaults after a firmware upgrade.

    .srt .sub .smi etc.
    Use
    Movie.avi Movie.srt (or whatever the subtitle format is)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-01-2006, 02:33 AM
  2. Mediatek new chip with divx 6.0 ultra certified.
    By bluestar67 in forum DivX & Stuff
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-12-2005, 08:44 PM
  3. Omni MP3 players from Strathfield - any good?
    By Thump in forum aus.music
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 20-07-2005, 08:03 PM
  4. ROWA Divx player at Strathfield - any good?
    By haha in forum aus.audio-visual.home-cinema
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-03-2005, 11:24 PM
  5. What do you like Most about DIVX Players ?
    By Peterpack in forum DivX & Stuff
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 17-05-2004, 07:59 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •