Page 383 of 384 FirstFirst ... 283333373379380381382383384 LastLast
Results 7,641 to 7,660 of 7661

Thread: What are you doing right now? 2

SHY is offline Winner - Most likely to have a blonde moment 2007.
    Winner - Most Likely to go off topic Award 2009
    Committed forum member

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by boogielee View Post
    Putting off wrapping christmas presents

Hi boogiele, long time no see.

I hate putting the wrapping off so I got them all done early, so proud of myself.
    ~ A Mother holds her childrens hands for a while, their hearts forever. ~

walli is offline Winner - Most Consistent Member Award 2009 Committed forum member

Blog Entries
    Wrapped what I had already, still got about 8 presents to get, out of 28 that's not bad though, and I know what I'm getting for all but 2 of those
    Where'd everybody go?? All I said was I sell Tupperware!?

Quote Originally Posted by SHY View Post
    Hi boogiele, long time no see.

I hate putting the wrapping off so I got them all done early, so proud of myself.
    I locked myself in my room yesterday and did them all! 3 hours wasted
    I tried nice once, didn't care for it much!

Old friends pass away, new friends appear. It is just like the days. An old day passes, a new day arrives. The important thing is to make it meaningful: a meaningful friend - or a meaningful day.
    His Holiness the Dalai Lama

An eye for an eye only ends up making the world blind...Mahatma Ghandi

Committed forum member

Blog Entries
    I locked myself in my room yesterday and did them all! 3 hours wasted

Well not really wasted, you got it done.

trawling the internet and registering our band on all the stock-standard websites *sigh* its getting tiresome. (last.fm for radio coverage, facebook cause its what everyone uses, BandPage to allow music on the facebook profile, Soundcloud so upload music onto BandPage)

you can download the tracks here if you wish:
    http://www.last.fm/music/Channel+Swi...annel+Switcher

theres nothing in it for us, so dont stress. technically spam? probably.

hope everyone has a safe Christmas/New Year
    You are unique. Just like everybody else

Quote Originally Posted by SHY View Post
    Well not really wasted, you got it done.
    True,i just hate doing it,lol
    Merry Christmas Shy
    I tried nice once, didn't care for it much!

Old friends pass away, new friends appear. It is just like the days. An old day passes, a new day arrives. The important thing is to make it meaningful: a meaningful friend - or a meaningful day.
    His Holiness the Dalai Lama

An eye for an eye only ends up making the world blind...Mahatma Ghandi

Committed forum member

Blog Entries
    True,i just hate doing it,lol
    Merry Christmas Shy

Merry Christmas boogiele

MeanDean is offline Winner - Member most likely to go off topic 2007,2008
    Winner - The Seinfeld Award (the member that most often posts about nothing) 2009
    Winner - The Delorean Mile High Club (solo aviator division) award 2022
    Committed forum member

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Peterson View Post
    trawling the internet and registering our band on all the stock-standard websites *sigh* its getting tiresome. (last.fm for radio coverage, facebook cause its what everyone uses, BandPage to allow music on the facebook profile, Soundcloud so upload music onto BandPage)

you can download the tracks here if you wish:
    http://www.last.fm/music/Channel+Swi...annel+Switcher

theres nothing in it for us, so dont stress. technically spam? probably.

hope everyone has a safe Christmas/New Year
    Cool bananas man! I haven't listened but I have the page bookmarked.

Merry Christmas to everyone reading.

Oh yeah. My downstairs neighbor is in a band. I don't always like it but it could be worse. I wish he'd play some more diversity because I'm listening to muffled stuff up the stairwell and through the door and floor that I've already heard plenty of times 20 years ago; some of it that I used to play and I sucked. My wife hates it more than me but I think she also secretly thinks he's sexy since he's young, in a band, rides a motorcycle, etc. This becomes inevitably humorous when he has a bunch of people come over and they get drunk, loud, and barking stupid if you bother to listen to their conversations; like "Ha ha! You had a crush on the moron! ", but its pretty much all an unspoken thing.

Edit: From the previews on the page, you make my neighbor's music look worse than I thought it was.

Edit Again: On the 3rd song now. It strikes me that I'd rather just hear the band jam with fewer lyrics. The lyrics are pretty depressing; I feel like I'm listening to some kind of mish mash (though more organised) of The Doors, early Pink Floyd, and some depressing band from the 90s that I can't put my finger on. Apart from that though (finished the 4rth song, each one is better), its not bad stuff although also not my kind of music. Things tie together with everyone better on the last song it seems. I don't think the singer needs to carry his notes for the length that he is. I believe he'd grow in skill if some of that dreamy quality of stretching things out was cut shorter. A slight change like that wouldn't throw the rest of the band off either.
    Well... I hope if you are the singer and that I haven't insulted you. It just seemed, while listening to the last song, that there was room for improvement by making a minor change that might require this person being outside of their comfort zone and sounding bad temporarily. That's my 2 cents for that part. On the good criticism, its way better than I was expecting and I wouldn't be able to honestly say "That band sucks" and would have to encourage sticking with it rather than saying "Give it up" if, for example, I was Dicko rejecting people on Australian Idol or something like that; my wisdom along with "Don't let the door hit you on the ass (since I'd be Dicko)" would be "Come back next year when you can sell more albums than Adele".
    You make my neighbor, and almost all of the wanna be band people I used to know including those that actually made some money playing, look bad; so as stated it isn't my music.

Once though, I was really really drunk at this bar, like so drunk that to this day I have no idea where that bar was, and this band was just ****ING AWESOME and the lead singer was a super hot chick, like super super hot and since I was young and drunk she totally wanted me because I was also really horny and found myself with this bizarre instant crush on her. Then after that the room started spinning and I just kind of listened and watched with my head on the bar because my friend drove and I didn't know where he was. Before long though, the reality of a spinning room and me staring at someone sideways (head on the bar) and planning in my head which one of us would move in with who... I think she got a little creeped out at being stared at like that and I had to face the cruel reality that if I had not drank so much and had actually been able to still be standing when they stopped playing, that she would not have been going home with me. It was a horrible reality for at least 5 full minutes. I don't remember who I was with, where the place was, how I got home, or where I lived at the time. I do, however, remember the embarrassment of realising that I had creeped her out by staring at her from 4 or 5 long steps away. I was so sure of her... the moral of this story is that alcohol makes you an idiot.
    Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that I can't sing to save my life LP, so if you're the vocalist then there's that too; that I just plain suck badly.

Edit Edit Edit: And Merry Christmas to everyone... again!
    Last edited by MeanDean; 23-12-2011 at 01:29 AM.
    #F5F5FF
    Go the Greens!

Hermit is offline 2007 Winner - Thanks for your time as a mod. Drinks are on nsu!
    Winner - The SHUT-UP Award for the best comeback 2009
    Committed forum member

Quote Originally Posted by MeanDean View Post
    ...the moral of this story is that alcohol makes you an idiot.
    Does not. Please acquaint yourself with the Buffalo Theory. It goes like this:

A herd of buffalo can move only as fast as the slowest buffalo. When the herd is hunted, it is the slowest and weakest ones at the back that are killed first. This natural selection is good for the herd as a whole, because the general speed and health of the whole group keeps improving by the regular killing of the weakest members.

In much the same way, the human brain can only operate as fast as the slowest brain cells. Excessive intake of alcohol, we all know, kills brain cells, but naturally it attacks the slowest and weakest brain cells first. In this way regular consumption of beer eliminates the weaker brain cells, making the brain a faster and more efficient machine. That's why you always feel smarter after a few beers.

Before you say: "Ah, yes, I've heard that before. It's just a joke mistakenly attributed to a script of an old TV sitcom called Cheers", read this.
    Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful. - Lucius Annaeus Seneca 4 BC AD 65

God created the universe
    God just exists

MeanDean is offline Winner - Member most likely to go off topic 2007,2008
    Winner - The Seinfeld Award (the member that most often posts about nothing) 2009
    Winner - The Delorean Mile High Club (solo aviator division) award 2022
    Committed forum member

Blog Entries
    I've never heard that one actually. Funny, and an interesting link.
    #F5F5FF
    Go the Greens!

Committed forum member

Blog Entries
    Just making sure everything is ready for tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit View Post
    Does not. Please acquaint yourself with the Buffalo Theory. It goes like this:

A herd of buffalo can move only as fast as the slowest buffalo. When the herd is hunted, it is the slowest and weakest ones at the back that are killed first. This natural selection is good for the herd as a whole, because the general speed and health of the whole group keeps improving by the regular killing of the weakest members.

In much the same way, the human brain can only operate as fast as the slowest brain cells. Excessive intake of alcohol, we all know, kills brain cells, but naturally it attacks the slowest and weakest brain cells first. In this way regular consumption of beer eliminates the weaker brain cells, making the brain a faster and more efficient machine. That's why you always feel smarter after a few beers.

Before you say: "Ah, yes, I've heard that before. It's just a joke mistakenly attributed to a script of an old TV sitcom called Cheers", read this.
    i like that.

yeah, i think we all have those moments with attractive women in bands. I saw the all-attractive-girl band Warpaint earlier this year at a festival. Theyre music is great, its just an added bonus that theyre very awesome people. at one point im pretty 100% sure that me and the lead singer had a moment together, our eyes clicked. Sure i was in a sea of hundreds, but pretty sure we both knew what was going on. But i didnt want to risk my ticket by running backstage and meeting her. cause you know, that'd just be foolish
    You are unique. Just like everybody else

Blog Entries
    im studying like a trooper. for those who dont already know, i have started and completed my cert IV in business admin & done my agents representative course and now studying my cert IV in property services.....now just having a break before starting the next unit.
    That awkward moment when you remember something and are not sure whether it was real or a dream.

I am so bored right now! I know I need to go to bed and sleep but it just ain't happening!

montyb8 is offline Winner - Member most likely to be naked in front of the keyboard 2008, 2009
    Winner - Best Avatar Award 2009
    Committed forum member

Blog Entries
    just poking my head in to see whats up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoda: (Ep. V - TESB)
    DO or DO NOT, there is no try!

whizzfizz is offline Winner - Funniest Member Award 2009 Committed forum member

Trying to get my name as the last poster on every thread on the first page of General Chat.

And I've done it..

woop woop.
    It's not an optical illusion. It just looks like one.

Hermit is offline 2007 Winner - Thanks for your time as a mod. Drinks are on nsu!
    Winner - The SHUT-UP Award for the best comeback 2009
    Committed forum member

Looking for the <Mark all threads as read> button.
    Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful. - Lucius Annaeus Seneca 4 BC AD 65

God created the universe
    God just exists

Lord Smelly is offline Winner - Nuttiest fruitcake 2007 Committed forum member

Quote Originally Posted by whizzfizz View Post
    Trying to get my name as the last poster on every thread on the first page of General Chat.

And I've done it..

woop woop.
    sweet work Whizz you are a star
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tuesday is hotter than any sheep I know.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

whizzfizz is offline Winner - Funniest Member Award 2009 Committed forum member

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Smelly View Post
    sweet work Whizz you are a star
    I know, it took years of hard work and dedication, but i finally achieve my life long dream....
    It's not an optical illusion. It just looks like one.

Blog Entries
    Im still studying but now im onto a diploma in small business management. I completed my Cert IV in property services ....and im watching "The Haunting Hour"
    That awkward moment when you remember something and are not sure whether it was real or a dream.