porno türk porno rokettube
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 153

Thread: Check your internet speed

  1. #41
    Groggypoo's Avatar
    Groggypoo is offline Winner - Best Avatar 2007
    Joint winner - Most Random/Mysterious Member 2007 (with dvder & Tuesday)
    Committed forum member

    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Bus
    Age
    27
    Posts
    4,731
    Quote Originally Posted by MeanDean View Post
    it could be really worthwhile and painless to seed legal torrents if you can.
    Thats an oxymoron
    Ignore When Necessary
    EvErYbOdY_Is_BeAuTiFUL
    "It's easy to regret your awkward conversations but hard to regret the ones you didn't have."

  2. #42
    MeanDean's Avatar
    MeanDean is offline Winner - Member most likely to go off topic 2007,2008
    Winner - The Seinfeld Award (the member that most often posts about nothing) 2009
    Winner - The Delorean Mile High Club (solo aviator division) award 2022
    Committed forum member

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Buscando Polla
    Age
    45
    Posts
    5,851
    Blog Entries
    42
    Have you even looked into it? There's plenty of good stuff that could benefit from your help.
    #F5F5FF
    Go the Greens!

  3. #43
    Heavenly's Avatar
    Heavenly is offline Winner - Best newbie 2007
    Valued Forum Member
    Committed forum member

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Wherever Dora is....
    Posts
    1,119
    I'm with iiNet on their ADSL+2 broadband2 Plus budget account that comes with 600MB... Hu-u-ge
    This costs us (him) $29.95 as we're on the phone bundle... thing... I think it's usually $39.95.

    Sooo..... I'm always getting shaped about halfway through my billing cycle.


    Download Speed: 61 kbps (7.6 KB/sec transfer rate)
    Upload Speed: 615 kbps (76.9 KB/sec transfer rate)

    Be interested to try again when I'm sposed to be on their 24,000 speed
    .... WHITE.....RANKERS.... Say it with me...

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Heavenly View Post
    I'm with iiNet on their ADSL+2 broadband2 Plus budget account that comes with 600MB... Hu-u-ge
    This costs us (him) $29.95 as we're on the phone bundle... thing... I think it's usually $39.95.

    Sooo..... I'm always getting shaped about halfway through my billing cycle.


    Download Speed: 61 kbps (7.6 KB/sec transfer rate)
    Upload Speed: 615 kbps (76.9 KB/sec transfer rate)

    Be interested to try again when I'm sposed to be on their 24,000 speed
    Do you have a filter on all your phone lines?

    With ADSL 2+, and if your connection is not shaped, you should have a far higher download rate than that.

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by Groggypoo View Post
    Thats an oxymoron
    Most Linux distributions are distributed via torrenting.

    Many license free movies are also.

  6. #46
    custos's Avatar
    custos is offline 2007 Winner - Please don't do an Ozeagle on us. Member who we don't want to lose. Committed forum member

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    3,963
    Just tested my up/doun speed at work...

    Upload: 13,783
    Download: 10,676

    Is that good

    Facts are meaningless. You can use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true. Facts, schmacts. - Homer Simpson

  7. #47
    Heavenly's Avatar
    Heavenly is offline Winner - Best newbie 2007
    Valued Forum Member
    Committed forum member

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Wherever Dora is....
    Posts
    1,119
    Quote Originally Posted by RANDOID View Post
    Do you have a filter on all your phone lines?
    Ummm... no.... I don't think so... I don't know....
    Quote Originally Posted by RANDOID View Post
    With ADSL 2+, and if your connection is not shaped, you should have a far higher download rate than that.
    I should bloody well hope so!
    But it's shaped to 64k... till the 17th..ish...
    .... WHITE.....RANKERS.... Say it with me...

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Heavenly View Post
    Ummm... no.... I don't think so... I don't know....

    I should bloody well hope so!
    But it's shaped to 64k... till the 17th..ish...
    well... you might want to get some ADSL filters ont he phone lines. It'll boost the quality of your phone calls and increase the speed of your connection.

  9. #49
    Heavenly's Avatar
    Heavenly is offline Winner - Best newbie 2007
    Valued Forum Member
    Committed forum member

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Wherever Dora is....
    Posts
    1,119
    Quote Originally Posted by RANDOID View Post
    well... you might want to get some ADSL filters ont he phone lines. It'll boost the quality of your phone calls and increase the speed of your connection.
    Hmm... cool.
    I'll do a test when I'm up & running at top speed again, then I'll see.
    Cheers.
    Is that price okay for what I'm getting though? 600mb is pretty stingy.
    .... WHITE.....RANKERS.... Say it with me...

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Heavenly View Post
    Hmm... cool.
    I'll do a test when I'm up & running at top speed again, then I'll see.
    Cheers.
    Is that price okay for what I'm getting though? 600mb is pretty stingy.
    I don't think so.

    Considering your paying a total of $70 per month on line rental and connection charges, to get a measly 600mb of downloads...

  11. #51
    Heavenly's Avatar
    Heavenly is offline Winner - Best newbie 2007
    Valued Forum Member
    Committed forum member

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Wherever Dora is....
    Posts
    1,119
    Quote Originally Posted by RANDOID View Post
    I don't think so.

    Considering your paying a total of $70 per month on line rental and connection charges, to get a measly 600mb of downloads...
    Even with that speed though? Is it still crapola?
    .... WHITE.....RANKERS.... Say it with me...

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by Heavenly View Post
    Even with that speed though? Is it still crapola?
    well its not really "at that speed"... its only "at that speed" for 600meg...

    Otherwise, you tave the same speed as a dialup connection.

  13. #53
    Heavenly's Avatar
    Heavenly is offline Winner - Best newbie 2007
    Valued Forum Member
    Committed forum member

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Wherever Dora is....
    Posts
    1,119
    Quote Originally Posted by RANDOID View Post
    well its not really "at that speed"... its only "at that speed" for 600meg...

    Otherwise, you tave the same speed as a dialup connection.
    Yeah... .. I guess.
    .... WHITE.....RANKERS.... Say it with me...

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by Heavenly View Post
    Yeah... .. I guess.
    wouldn't you rather shell out the extra $20 a month for a better connection... Rid you from the hassle of having to watch your downloads...

    i'd pay strange and exorbitant prices for an ultra high speed uncounted connection...

  15. #55
    Heavenly's Avatar
    Heavenly is offline Winner - Best newbie 2007
    Valued Forum Member
    Committed forum member

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Wherever Dora is....
    Posts
    1,119
    Quote Originally Posted by RANDOID View Post
    wouldn't you rather shell out the extra $20 a month for a better connection... Rid you from the hassle of having to watch your downloads...

    i'd pay strange and exorbitant prices for an ultra high speed uncounted connection...
    I'm not paying it....
    And I don't think I'd be able to justify it... He thinks I spend too much time on the 'puter as it is.

    Spoiler! highlight to see
    But then.. I think he spends too much time at the pub...
    .... WHITE.....RANKERS.... Say it with me...

  16. #56

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    oxley park sydney
    Age
    74
    Posts
    3,117
    Quote Originally Posted by Heavenly View Post
    I'm not paying it....
    And I don't think I'd be able to justify it... He thinks I spend too much time on the 'puter as it is.

    Spoiler! highlight to see
    But then.. I think he spends too much time at the pub...

    I bet he spends more than $29-95 a month at the pub,mines unlimited for $59-95 a month and the most ive ever used is about 2.7 gig
    sometimes you win sometimes you lose

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by amber.2 View Post
    I bet he spends more than $29-95 a month at the pub,mines unlimited for $59-95 a month and the most ive ever used is about 2.7 gig
    OK. new rule.

    No referring to your internet connection as "unlimited" unless you have an unlimited data allowance.

    That's the definition of unlimited (in this context).

  18. #58

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    oxley park sydney
    Age
    74
    Posts
    3,117
    [QUOTE=RANDOID;2094351]OK. new rule.

    No referring to your internet connection as "unlimited" unless you have an unlimited data allowance.

    That's the definition of unlimited (in this context).[/QUOTE


    Oh since when do you make the rules, I'm on the Liberty plan which has an unlimited download once i get to !2 gig my speed is slowed to 64 mbps and i can carry on indefinatly.
    I think that means Unlimited?
    Once you have reached your usage allowance of 12GB, the speed of your service will slow to 64 kbps. No additional usage charges apply to BigPond Liberty plans
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cabletablediscounted.gif 
Views:	32 
Size:	14.4 KB 
ID:	12106  
    sometimes you win sometimes you lose

  19. #59
    [QUOTE=amber.2;2094405]
    Quote Originally Posted by RANDOID View Post
    OK. new rule.

    No referring to your internet connection as "unlimited" unless you have an unlimited data allowance.

    That's the definition of unlimited (in this context).[/QUOTE


    Oh since when do you make the rules, I'm on the Liberty plan which has an unlimited download once i get to !2 gig my speed is slowed to 64 mbps and i can carry on indefinatly.
    I think that means Unlimited?
    everyone in Australia is on that type of plan. Its referred to as a caped or shaped plan.

    It has a limit... it is therefore not unlimited... Its not hard to figure out.

  20. #60

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    oxley park sydney
    Age
    74
    Posts
    3,117
    [QUOTE=RANDOID;2094430]
    Quote Originally Posted by amber.2 View Post
    everyone in Australia is on that type of plan. Its referred to as a caped or shaped plan.

    It has a limit... it is therefore not unlimited... Its not hard to figure out.
    Didn't you read what i wrote, The max i can be charged is $59-95, even though i'm on a 12 gig plan,and if i go over the 12 gig my speed will be reduced to 64 kbps so in reality i could use 20 gig but at a slower pace.
    So my usage is unlimited.
    sometimes you win sometimes you lose

Similar Threads

  1. how to check cpu speed
    By Ext User(Mr.Mystic) in forum microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 20-08-2006, 08:23 AM
  2. Broadband speed check
    By Ext User(steam3801) in forum aus.computers
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 09-07-2006, 11:43 PM
  3. internet speed
    By Ext User(Jasmin) in forum microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 26-06-2006, 08:43 AM
  4. How to speed up internet
    By stacey in forum microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 20-01-2005, 06:13 PM
  5. Re: OT: Internet Speed
    By changeling in forum aus.tv
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 20-01-2004, 10:35 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •