porno türk porno rokettube
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Strathfield Divx Players XMS855 just died. Alternative?

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    134

    Exclamation Strathfield Divx Players XMS855 just died. Alternative?

    My Strathfield Divx Players XMS855 just died.

    I quite like this player. I am sure they don't have this model anymore.

    Any Alternative that play avi file well? Need one with long file name support and can play idx/sub and srt subtitle files.

    Thanks.

  2. #2
    Ivegottheskill is offline Treat me like a newbie I'm either new or don't have much to say

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    10
    My XMS855 also died a few months ago. Fortunately it was still under the 1 year warranty. I swapped it for a Highlander DVX5850 which has been awesome.

    It also has support for USB and SD cards and can play AVI files straight off a USB stick or portable music player.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    134
    Btw, that malfunction player basically does not recognise any disc that was inserted in. It keep saying "No disc".
    Can that be fixed in any way?

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    134
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivegottheskill View Post
    I swapped it for a Highlander DVX5850 which has been awesome.

    It also has support for USB and SD cards and can play AVI files straight off a USB stick or portable music player.

    Where did you get yours? Can't find it in strathfield car sound.

  5. #5
    Ivegottheskill is offline Treat me like a newbie I'm either new or don't have much to say

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by kirby View Post
    Where did you get yours? Can't find it in strathfield car sound.
    I got mine from Strathfield. Maybe they're out of stock or don't sell them anymore

    I think I got mine in February. Strathfield seem to alternate their DVD stock randomly. I originally tried to get another XMS855 when I went in, but they no longer sell them either.

    Just checkout the range they currently sell. The highlander cost around $90 dollars, which is more than the XMS855, but I only had to pay the difference in price

  6. #6
    Ozviewer's Avatar
    Ozviewer is offline EYO forum member I'm either new or don't have much to say

    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    41

    Divx player

    Quote Originally Posted by kirby View Post
    My Strathfield Divx Players XMS855 just died.

    I quite like this player. I am sure they don't have this model anymore.

    Any Alternative that play avi file well? Need one with long file name support and can play idx/sub and srt subtitle files.

    Thanks.
    The LG is the best under $100 IMHO. JB have them for $76. Plays everything I've thrown at it include sub's.
    Ozviewer

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    134
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozviewer View Post
    The LG is the best under $100 IMHO. JB have them for $76. Plays everything I've thrown at it include sub's.
    What model is the LG?

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 306
    Last Post: 28-06-2008, 02:10 PM
  2. COMM:_____New Networked DVD Media Players, Wireless Ethernet, HDMI, DivX, DivX HD etc...
    By Ext User(SalesMart.com.au) in forum aus.audio-visual.home-cinema
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 17-12-2006, 12:43 AM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 16-12-2006, 10:44 PM
  4. Omni MP3 players from Strathfield - any good?
    By Thump in forum aus.music
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 20-07-2005, 09:03 PM
  5. ROWA Divx player at Strathfield - any good?
    By haha in forum aus.audio-visual.home-cinema
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-03-2005, 12:24 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •