View Poll Results: Vote for the awards you would like to see.

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Best Freebie Finder

30 69.77%
  • Best Newbie

25 58.14%
  • Phorums member you love to hate.

19 44.19%
  • The 'I can't help being annoying' award

25 58.14%
  • Phorums own ray of Sunshine award

23 53.49%
  • Member most likely to follow someone over a cliff.

19 44.19%
  • Kiddies Kapers award-cause I can't act my age.

22 51.16%
  • Friendliest mod/admin

27 62.79%
  • Sexiest mod/admin

12 27.91%
  • Most improved member

26 60.47%
  • The SHUT-UP award for the best comeback.

27 62.79%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213

Thread: *******USE ME USE ME FOR DISCUSSION*********** 2008 Phorum awards discussion thread.

MeanDean is offline Winner - Member most likely to go off topic 2007,2008
    Winner - The Seinfeld Award (the member that most often posts about nothing) 2009
    Winner - The Delorean Mile High Club (solo aviator division) award 2022
    Committed forum member

Blog Entries
    Did I say I was hoping for something, or did I just quote someone and add my 2 cents?

Check the timestamps better to keep the plot in aswer to the rest of your question. I'm not going to defend what I wrote in the other threads, but in this one I had every right to add what went through my head. If it spoils something for you then that's not really my problem.
    #F5F5FF
    Go the Greens!

Winner - The Seinfeld Award (the member that most often posts about nothing) 2009
    Committed forum member

Blog Entries
    ast edited by Lord Smelly; Today at 01:20 PM. Reason: updated title to make it clear this was the discussion thread
    Posted
    Reason: to make it clear how little I care about where someone else reckons I ought to post.
    #F5F5FF
    Go the Greens!

Diabolical is offline -Winner of the Shut-Up award for best comeback 2008
    -Winner-Best Signature Award 2008
    Committed forum member

Quote Originally Posted by MeanDean View Post
    Posted
    Reason: to make it clear how little I care about where someone else reckons I ought to post.
    I asked Stanky to make this thread a sticky and more obvious as it always gets lost in the bottom of the voting threads.
    Proper capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.

Committed forum member

Blog Entries
    The implication is the same as it was in previous years, that we aren't supposed to post elsewhere, that if we do we're c**k suckers, that if we say something that upsets the organisers (voluteers who could ask for more help if they wanted), then we're c**k suckers, that if we try to have any fun so much as saying "vote for me", then we're c**k suckers.

...hence the reaction. Smelly has been a tyrant about the above in the past, as was Watcher.

Oh yeah... and if we say something that someone might misinterpret as being a statement of malice toward our 5 star member, then wer'e c**k suckers.
    #F5F5FF
    Go the Greens!

Randy is offline Winner - Most Thought Provoking Thread Award 2009 Committed forum member

Blog Entries
    People mocked when i toted the ills of the awards.

Committed forum member

Blog Entries
    I'm sorry I did now.
    #F5F5FF
    Go the Greens!

Diabolical is offline -Winner of the Shut-Up award for best comeback 2008
    -Winner-Best Signature Award 2008
    Committed forum member

The implication is the same as it was in previous years, that we aren't supposed to post elsewhere, that if we do we're c**k suckers, that if we say something that upsets the organisers (voluteers who could ask for more help if they wanted), then we're c**k suckers, that if we try to have any fun so much as saying "vote for me", then we're c**k suckers.

...hence the reaction. Smelly has been a tyrant about the above in the past, as was Watcher.

Oh yeah... and if we say something that someone might misinterpret as being a statement of malice toward our 5 star member, then wer'e c**k suckers.
    I could care less where you post, as far as I'm concerned you can post "vote for me" wherever you like. Smelly hasn't said anything to that effect this year and Watcher has had minimal involvement. Is it in the rules anywhere? My take on it is that if you're not spamming the forums with one "vote for me" posts per thread...then it's fair game.

As for c**k suckers, I'm pretty sure I'm the only one in this conversation that qualifies

Quote Originally Posted by Cy_Borg View Post
    People mocked when i toted the ills of the awards.
    you're like a vulture just hanging around and waiting for the animals demise.
    Proper capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.

Randy is offline Winner - Most Thought Provoking Thread Award 2009 Committed forum member

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Diabolical View Post
    you're like a vulture just hanging around and waiting for the animals demise.
    Its already dead. I'm just picking the flesh off.

Committed forum member

Blog Entries
    Arsekisser. I've been t freebees now, and you really are waisting your time by being one.
    Freeloaders from the looks of it.
    #F5F5FF
    Go the Greens!

jasibutton is offline Winner - Funniest post award 2008
    Winner - Biggest Boobs Award 2009
    Committed forum member

First the awards and now the freebies - dissing all the things I get excited about! Bet you are gunna tell me Santa isn't real next....
    Three men can keep a secret if two of them are dead...

Committed forum member

Blog Entries
    Santa's just a fat man in a red suit, so yeah... It's just ths guy dressing up every year http://phorums.com.au/member.php?u=31992

I should really move over to the blog section later with a lot of this crap... but not quite yet, because I know someone just read that and had a smart arse comment about it they wanted to make.
    #F5F5FF
    Go the Greens!

Santa's just a fat man in a red suit, so yeah... It's just ths guy dressing up every year http://phorums.com.au/member.php?u=31992

I should really move over to the blog section later with a lot of this crap... but not quite yet, because I know someone just read that and had a smart arse comment about it they wanted to make.
    am i allowed to ask why FK was ineligible?

The voting is fun, but it makes no difference to any of my posts.

Lord Smelly is offline Winner - Nuttiest fruitcake 2007 Committed forum member

Quote Originally Posted by MummyToLachlan View Post
    am i allowed to ask why FK was ineligible?

The voting is fun, but it makes no difference to any of my posts.
    Why should someone who has broken the rules and been banned get an award? Being banned is not something to aim for and be rewarded with an award for.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tuesday is hotter than any sheep I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Smelly View Post
    Why should someone who has broken the rules and been banned get an award? Being banned is not something to aim for and be rewarded with an award for.
    Of course not Lord Smelly. No one who is naughty should ever get an award,

I didn't realise she was banned, although i had noticed no posts.. Someone else doesn't come on either..

Lord Smelly is offline Winner - Nuttiest fruitcake 2007 Committed forum member

Quote Originally Posted by MummyToLachlan View Post
    Of course not Lord Smelly. No one who is naughty should ever get an award,

I didn't realise she was banned, although i had noticed no posts.. Someone else doesn't come on either..
    Her ban was only removed a few days ago and many of her alias's have been banned before also. I would prefer to see the whining, complaining, fault finding, snooty and never happy Meandean and Cyborg get an award before FK and thats saying something with how they have both behaved of late in regards to the awards.

Tuesday is hotter than any sheep I know.

Blog Entries
    Her ban was only removed a few days ago and many of her alias's have been banned before also. I would prefer to see the whining, complaining, fault finding, snooty and never happy Meandean and Cyborg get an award before FK and thats saying something with how they have both behaved of late in regards to the awards.
    There is no 'of late' behaviour in terms of my opposition of the awards. I've always hated them and always spoken against them.

Committed forum member

Blog Entries
    If you hadn't backed down, you certainly would have been someone to consider given your behaviour over... well hell, every bit of the past 4 years with the exception of when you haven't been here and when you temporarily take a pompous attitudes of arrogant maturity that we all know is a load of sh*t.

Additionally, you're pretty high up on your horse for a guy that didn't even participate as a contestant. Plus, you're here now just contributing as well.
    When you open your mouth like that Smelly, you're stating an opinion the same way I did and nothing more.
    Last edited by MeanDean; 30-10-2008 at 08:49 PM.
    #F5F5FF
    Go the Greens!

tuesday is offline Moderator
    Friendliest Mod/Admin Award 2008, 2009
    Winner - 5 star member (we don't want her to leave) 2008, 2009
    Winner - Most Helpful Member 2009
    I review Committed forum member

Quote Originally Posted by Cy_Borg View Post
    There is no 'of late' behaviour in terms of my opposition of the awards. I've always hated them and always spoken against them.
    Yep-and christmas and Vista
    Catch your dreams before they slip away.

Quote Originally Posted by tuesday View Post
    Yep-and christmas and Vista
    but surely not freebies