porno türk porno rokettube
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Recording from my Satellite Receiver to my PVR TVix 6500

  1. #1

    Recording from my Satellite Receiver to my PVR TVix 6500

    hay,

    i just bought TVix 6500 PVR and my main target was to record from channels of my Satellite Dish Receiver. the Receiver I've got has a RF out which i connected to TV tuner of the PVR and tried to scan for channels but with no luck. in fact, i used it to scan my Terrestrial antenna and i got the known channels to you guys with some radios.

    so lets make things clear and simple.... can i record from my Receiver RF output or i need some sort of work around.

    help me please coz Im so unfortunate.

  2. #2
    jokiin's Avatar
    jokiin is offline Administrator
    Winner - Best Signature Award 2009
    Rules maintainer Committed forum member

    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Sydney
    Age
    52
    Posts
    6,184
    why not record from the AV out, why use RF?

  3. #3
    because TVix has only one input which is RF

  4. #4
    jokiin's Avatar
    jokiin is offline Administrator
    Winner - Best Signature Award 2009
    Rules maintainer Committed forum member

    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Sydney
    Age
    52
    Posts
    6,184
    Quote Originally Posted by bo3skoor View Post
    because TVix has only one input which is RF
    ok, I'm not really familiar with the model, what sort of tuner does it have built in?

  5. #5
    its better to let you know the spec of the PVR and the Tv tuner which can be plug to it.
    PVR website: http://www.tvix.co.kr/Eng/products/HDM6500A.aspx
    Tvix Tuner :http://www.tvix.co.kr/Eng/products/tunert430.aspx

    i know it says that the tuner can do "Decoding and viewing of high definition digital terrestrial television" but still my satellite receiver has RF output which i plugged to scan for channel from TVix but i couldn't pull the channels from the satellite Receiver

  6. #6
    jokiin's Avatar
    jokiin is offline Administrator
    Winner - Best Signature Award 2009
    Rules maintainer Committed forum member

    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Sydney
    Age
    52
    Posts
    6,184
    Quote Originally Posted by bo3skoor View Post
    its better to let you know the spec of the PVR and the Tv tuner which can be plug to it.
    PVR website: http://www.tvix.co.kr/Eng/products/HDM6500A.aspx
    Tvix Tuner :http://www.tvix.co.kr/Eng/products/tunert430.aspx

    i know it says that the tuner can do "Decoding and viewing of high definition digital terrestrial television" but still my satellite receiver has RF output which i plugged to scan for channel from TVix but i couldn't pull the channels from the satellite Receiver
    ok, that explains it, you have a digital tuner and an analogue RF output you want to send to it, not compatible, the same cable passes analogue and digital feeds so the tuner in your Tvix will correctly tune the digital channels but will be oblivious to the analogue signal that is present in the same feed, two different frequencies and in no way compatible unfortunately

    time to look for another solution

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by jokiin View Post
    ok, that explains it, you have a digital tuner and an analogue RF output you want to send to it, not compatible, the same cable passes analogue and digital feeds so the tuner in your Tvix will correctly tune the digital channels but will be oblivious to the analogue signal that is present in the same feed, two different frequencies and in no way compatible unfortunately

    time to look for another solution

    Do u think there is work around change the digital freq. to analogue through an extra device attached in between

  8. #8
    jokiin's Avatar
    jokiin is offline Administrator
    Winner - Best Signature Award 2009
    Rules maintainer Committed forum member

    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Sydney
    Age
    52
    Posts
    6,184
    Quote Originally Posted by bo3skoor View Post
    Do u think there is work around change the digital freq. to analogue through an extra device attached in between
    there are analogue to digital RF modulators however they are more expensive than all of your equipment combined, maybe better to look at another solution

  9. #9
    Thanks for your help. i have decided to sell it and I've already posted it it in the trade section.
    Last edited by bo3skoor; 21-03-2009 at 07:38 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •