porno türk porno rokettube
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Mobile Phone Coverage

  1. #1
    MeanDean's Avatar
    MeanDean is offline Winner - Member most likely to go off topic 2007,2008
    Winner - The Seinfeld Award (the member that most often posts about nothing) 2009
    Winner - The Delorean Mile High Club (solo aviator division) award 2022
    Committed forum member

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Buscando Polla
    Age
    45
    Posts
    5,851
    Blog Entries
    42

    Mobile Phone Coverage

    Does anyone know of any reputable or disreputable sources that I might use to compare, in a general way, the quality of coverage people get with the different mobile carriers in Sydney?

    Is there anything in the way of mobile companies in comparison to what whirlpool forums is to broadband for example? Whirlpool has a phone carrier section but the comments don't seem overall helpful when I look through it.

    Does anyone in Sydney, or with general knowledge, have any input to make on the matter when it comes to selecting a company? For example right now me and my wife are with 3, and the problem we have is that they sort of suck when it comes to having repeaters inside every shopping plaza and parking lot. I know from a friend that he does pretty well with Optus in comparison to where my connection fails. I've heard mixed things about Telstra, and that Vodaphone is merging with 3, however 3 customers who on a current contract won't benefit from the changes unless they change their contract, which means paying it out. My wife isn't obligated to pay out her contract, so I'm searching for her, but the thought of a company requiring that people pay out their contract just to go back with the same company pisses me off. I payed out 12 months of 3 about a year ago and the reality is that you should get all your minutes when you do that, but you don't.

    I rambled as usual. Biases set aside, does anyone have any input into who offers better overall coverage in Sydney?
    #F5F5FF
    Go the Greens!

  2. #2
    jokiin's Avatar
    jokiin is offline Administrator
    Winner - Best Signature Award 2009
    Rules maintainer Committed forum member

    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Sydney
    Age
    51
    Posts
    6,184
    Quote Originally Posted by MeanDean View Post
    Does anyone know of any reputable or disreputable sources that I might use to compare, in a general way, the quality of coverage people get with the different mobile carriers in Sydney?

    Is there anything in the way of mobile companies in comparison to what whirlpool forums is to broadband for example? Whirlpool has a phone carrier section but the comments don't seem overall helpful when I look through it.

    Does anyone in Sydney, or with general knowledge, have any input to make on the matter when it comes to selecting a company? For example right now me and my wife are with 3, and the problem we have is that they sort of suck when it comes to having repeaters inside every shopping plaza and parking lot. I know from a friend that he does pretty well with Optus in comparison to where my connection fails. I've heard mixed things about Telstra, and that Vodaphone is merging with 3, however 3 customers who on a current contract won't benefit from the changes unless they change their contract, which means paying it out. My wife isn't obligated to pay out her contract, so I'm searching for her, but the thought of a company requiring that people pay out their contract just to go back with the same company pisses me off. I payed out 12 months of 3 about a year ago and the reality is that you should get all your minutes when you do that, but you don't.

    I rambled as usual. Biases set aside, does anyone have any input into who offers better overall coverage in Sydney?
    sheer coverage, Telstra are in front, Optus second, Vodafone 3rd and then 3 so pretty much anything could be an improvement from your current situation, I've just recently changed to Telstra from Optus and the network is noticably better, it wasn't something I would have considered up until recently as they were just too expensive but I can justify them now, I also get better battery life out of my iPhone now as it's not hunting for signal as often as it did on Optus, overall Optus wasn't too bad but the Telstra is better (my experience anyway)

    lots of info on Whirlpool but hard to dig through all the bias there, personally I went and got a prepaid SIM and tried it out for a month before I churned my number from Optus to make sure the results were worth the effort
    Got caught out by my boss sleeping under my desk at work, told him I was planking, I've now been promoted to head of social media

  3. #3
    MeanDean's Avatar
    MeanDean is offline Winner - Member most likely to go off topic 2007,2008
    Winner - The Seinfeld Award (the member that most often posts about nothing) 2009
    Winner - The Delorean Mile High Club (solo aviator division) award 2022
    Committed forum member

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Buscando Polla
    Age
    45
    Posts
    5,851
    Blog Entries
    42
    That's the notion I had, that Telstra was the leader, generally speaking.
    Thanks for the info. I reckon I'll tell her to go with Telstra or Optus depending upon who has the better value for the money spent.
    #F5F5FF
    Go the Greens!

  4. #4
    jokiin's Avatar
    jokiin is offline Administrator
    Winner - Best Signature Award 2009
    Rules maintainer Committed forum member

    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Sydney
    Age
    51
    Posts
    6,184
    Quote Originally Posted by MeanDean View Post
    That's the notion I had, that Telstra was the leader, generally speaking.
    Thanks for the info. I reckon I'll tell her to go with Telstra or Optus depending upon who has the better value for the money spent.
    it would be worth your while to try a prepaid from each just to be sure about coverage etc where you need to use it most
    Got caught out by my boss sleeping under my desk at work, told him I was planking, I've now been promoted to head of social media

  5. #5
    MeanDean's Avatar
    MeanDean is offline Winner - Member most likely to go off topic 2007,2008
    Winner - The Seinfeld Award (the member that most often posts about nothing) 2009
    Winner - The Delorean Mile High Club (solo aviator division) award 2022
    Committed forum member

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Buscando Polla
    Age
    45
    Posts
    5,851
    Blog Entries
    42
    yeah that's a good idea. My wife is rejecting it though.
    I'm hoping to buy the iPhone 4 outright and cut the sim to fit. Hopefully it will work. If I screw it up I'll pay out what I have left on the contract because it isn't that much, but the query is for her because she's not tied down to anyone at the moment.

    What do you think about this though. Do you think it implies I don't get Telstra where I am right now or that 'Roaming' is Telstra?

    #F5F5FF
    Go the Greens!

  6. #6
    jokiin's Avatar
    jokiin is offline Administrator
    Winner - Best Signature Award 2009
    Rules maintainer Committed forum member

    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Sydney
    Age
    51
    Posts
    6,184
    Quote Originally Posted by MeanDean View Post
    yeah that's a good idea. My wife is rejecting it though.
    I'm hoping to buy the iPhone 4 outright and cut the sim to fit. Hopefully it will work. If I screw it up I'll pay out what I have left on the contract because it isn't that much, but the query is for her because she's not tied down to anyone at the moment.

    What do you think about this though. Do you think it implies I don't get Telstra where I am right now or that 'Roaming' is Telstra?

    yeah for 3 'roaming' indicates the Telstra network, your wife mightn't agree but trying a network before locking yourself into a long contract is still a worthwhile exercise
    Got caught out by my boss sleeping under my desk at work, told him I was planking, I've now been promoted to head of social media

  7. #7
    MeanDean's Avatar
    MeanDean is offline Winner - Member most likely to go off topic 2007,2008
    Winner - The Seinfeld Award (the member that most often posts about nothing) 2009
    Winner - The Delorean Mile High Club (solo aviator division) award 2022
    Committed forum member

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Buscando Polla
    Age
    45
    Posts
    5,851
    Blog Entries
    42
    Thanks man.
    #F5F5FF
    Go the Greens!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •