Thread: Reliable US based DVD retailers that ship to Australia

Reliable US based DVD retailers that ship to Australia

I know there is a thread here (stickied) that lists popular online retailers, but the list seems very old now, and many don't exist anymore.

I'm looking for quite a few popular sci-fi series / boxsets that don't seem available in Australia, so can you guys advice what US based online shops are reliable and offer decent value?

Thanks a lot!

Anyone???

MeanDean is offline Winner - Member most likely to go off topic 2007,2008
    Winner - The Seinfeld Award (the member that most often posts about nothing) 2009
    Winner - The Delorean Mile High Club (solo aviator division) award 2022
    Committed forum member

Blog Entries
    My wife has looked up and down for a very long time for Disney DVDs but came up empty handed. That may be exclusive to Disney.
    I've personally found that movies on my US iTunes account are often available for rental but are only for sale here and some not at all. Further to that is online books and both with Apple's services and with many online services things either aren't available here and that in the case of smaller book sites it isn't a shipping issue.

That may be old news and not helpful for you. If you're talking about resellers or middlemen that will ship things, I don't have anything to offer except for the advice that although it hasn't happened to me yet, I always assess whether or not I can take the emotional aspect of being ripped off before buying iTunes credit through a middle man. I haven't been screwed over yet but eventually it will happen. I try to prepare for that reality when I make these transactions because it feels shitty, humiliating, and as if its my fault, to get ripped off even if it happened at gunpoint or by a mob of crackheads.
    #F5F5FF
    Go the Greens!

montyb8 is offline Winner - Member most likely to be naked in front of the keyboard 2008, 2009
    Winner - Best Avatar Award 2009
    Committed forum member

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by haggisv View Post
    I know there is a thread here (stickied) that lists popular online retailers, but the list seems very old now, and many don't exist anymore.

I'm looking for quite a few popular sci-fi series / boxsets that don't seem available in Australia, so can you guys advice what US based online shops are reliable and offer decent value?

Thanks a lot!
    I use Amazon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoda: (Ep. V - TESB)
    DO or DO NOT, there is no try!