I have Latitude D505 laptop with Windows XP, kept updated to latest
Windows SP3 .. however, to ensure I have good speed and efficiency I
would require to do factory resets from time to time.
I hear that Microsoft will stop support of SP1, SP2 and in couple of
years to complete XP. I have the following questions..
1. Please can you give me the complete procedure for Dell Latitude D505
factory reset (with or without install disks) ..
2. I see in various forums that if I do factory reset, all my windows
update which I have been doing for ages will be gone !
How to know which service pack my laptop will revert when I do factory
3. Given that Microsoft support wouldn't be there, what does that mean ?
Cannot I do factory resets after 2 years from now.
4. How about SP 2 ? If my laptop resets to SP1a, How to do I download
SP2 ? http://tinyurl.com/6fh7x6e and
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322389#tosp3 Can I use this link to
download to upgrade my laptop ? and use windows update to upgrade to SP3
5. What are the Pros and cons of downloading them in removal drive and
installing them separately vs using windows update.
What does Microsoft support stop actually mean to users ?
Please can someone give me the answers.
Thanks in Advance.