porno türk porno rokettube
Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: AFL matches straight? - you can bet on it.....

  1. #1
    Ext User(David Clayton) Guest

    AFL matches straight? - you can bet on it.....

    http://www.theage.com.au/sport/socce...916-2tv7c.html

    A beautiful, lucrative game for the fixers

    September 17, 2013
    John Silvester
    Crime reporter, The Age
    ..........
    In December 2011, police organised a summit for leaders from 12 elite
    sports, including AFL, rugby league and union, soccer, netball, tennis and
    racing codes to discuss the problem.

    Some sports, such as the AFL, had already established integrity models.

    Others were painfully exposed.

    After attending an international forum in Paris, Ashton publicly declared:
    "Match-fixing is imminent in Australia. It is a growing area of concern
    for us. This thing is coming down the highway and we have to be prepared."

    Now it has arrived.

    Ashton says sports identities dabbling in illicit drugs are prime
    blackmail targets for match fixers. "It begins as a friendship and then
    turns nasty."

    As soon as the player is persuaded to perform a small favour, the demands
    become greater. "It may start with inside information on injury status or
    player position and then move to exotic betting such as first or last
    goal.

    "It will not start with throwing a game but a spot-fix, which would be
    seen as more socially acceptable. Spot-fixing will be a huge risk for
    players here. Drop a mark, bowl a no-ball, miss a shot - that is a real
    risk."

    Which is why the AFL has spent some time talking to clubs and players
    about improper associations and why senior officials were staggered to see
    Bandidos heavyweight Toby Mitchell in the Richmond rooms after a game
    (although there is no suggestion of any impropriety).

    Mitchell has been the target of two murder attempts and is a central
    figure in the alleged war between the Hells Angels and the Bandidos.
    Football players caught in the middle may find they end up pulling more
    than a hamstring.

    The AFL is better placed than most as it is a local sport where the pool
    on exotic bets is quite small on global standards.

    Any irregularities on betting or strange trends are reported by the
    agencies directly to the AFL.

    Police say there has been some recent interest shown by international
    syndicates on AFL games that needs monitoring.

    The risks are ever present — and not necessarily from international
    cartels.

    A coach could not work out why his star ruckman was ignoring a set play
    and palming the ball with his non- preferred hand to another midfielder.

    Until he worked out the big bloke had backed the midfielder to get the
    most possessions in the game.

    Sometimes greed speaks all languages. And you don't need a crooked ref to
    make a killing.

  2. #2
    Ext User(giovani) Guest

    Re: AFL matches straight? - you can bet on it.....

    On Tue, 17 Sep 2013 16:49:49 +1000, David Clayton wrote:


    > September 17, 2013
    > John Silvester
    > Crime reporter, The Age
    > .........
    > In December 2011, police organised a summit for leaders from 12 elite
    > sports, including AFL, rugby league and union, soccer, netball, tennis
    > and racing codes to discuss the problem.
    >
    > Some sports, such as the AFL, had already established integrity models.


    Ha Ha Bloody Ha!!!

  3. #3
    Ext User(David Clayton) Guest

    Re: AFL matches straight? - you can bet on it.....

    On Tue, 24 Sep 2013 13:28:18 +0000, giovani wrote:

    > On Tue, 17 Sep 2013 16:49:49 +1000, David Clayton wrote:
    >
    >
    >> September 17, 2013
    >> John Silvester
    >> Crime reporter, The Age
    >> .........
    >> In December 2011, police organised a summit for leaders from 12 elite
    >> sports, including AFL, rugby league and union, soccer, netball, tennis
    >> and racing codes to discuss the problem.
    >>
    >> Some sports, such as the AFL, had already established integrity models.

    >
    > Ha Ha Bloody Ha!!!


    The best "Integrity" money can buy!

    --
    Regards, David.

    David Clayton
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia.
    Knowledge is a measure of how many answers you have, intelligence is a
    measure of how many questions you have.


  4. #4
    Ext User(giovani) Guest

    Re: AFL matches straight? - you can bet on it.....

    On Thu, 26 Sep 2013 16:40:16 +1000, David Clayton wrote:

    > On Tue, 24 Sep 2013 13:28:18 +0000, giovani wrote:
    >
    >> On Tue, 17 Sep 2013 16:49:49 +1000, David Clayton wrote:
    >>
    >>
    >>> September 17, 2013
    >>> John Silvester
    >>> Crime reporter, The Age
    >>> .........
    >>> In December 2011, police organised a summit for leaders from 12 elite
    >>> sports, including AFL, rugby league and union, soccer, netball, tennis
    >>> and racing codes to discuss the problem.
    >>>
    >>> Some sports, such as the AFL, had already established integrity
    >>> models.

    >>
    >> Ha Ha Bloody Ha!!!

    >
    > The best "Integrity" money can buy!


    <grin> ;-P

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •