porno türk porno rokettube
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 52

Thread: SAAB returns

  1. #21
    Ext User(Clocky) Guest

    Re: SAAB returns

    Bob Milutinovic wrote:
    > <jablotaimoric@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > news:e416cd68-37ca-4506-a263-a105f53c2d36@googlegroups.com...
    >> SAAB started production:
    >> http://insideautomobileindustry.blog...b-is-back.html

    >
    > Can you confirm the validity of this? A BlogSpot site with two tiny
    > articles can be created by a primary school kid in under ten minutes (in
    > fact, most are!), and certainly wouldn't be the avenue through which
    > anyone with any authority would be posting.
    >
    > Actually, having a look at the headers, I'd go so far as to suggest you
    > crawl back into the **** from which you spewed and never dare breathe
    > the Earth's oxygen again, you spamming piece of shit.
    >
    > Or in other words, vrati se u picku materinu da nikada vise ne udahnes
    > zrak ovog svijeta.
    >
    > ****ing spammers! And worse still, ****ing gullible (most likely
    > religious) regulars in this group falling for it.
    >


    Nobody cared enough, but a quick Google seems to suggest that there is
    an element of truth in it.



  2. #22
    Ext User(Bob Milutinovic) Guest

    Re: SAAB returns

    "Clocky" <notgonn@happen.com> wrote in message
    news:524026d9$0$29862$c3e8da3$5496439d@news.astraw eb.com...
    > Bob Milutinovic wrote:
    >> <jablotaimoric@gmail.com> wrote in message
    >> news:e416cd68-37ca-4506-a263-a105f53c2d36@googlegroups.com...
    >>> SAAB started production:
    >>> http://insideautomobileindustry.blog...b-is-back.html

    >>
    >> Can you confirm the validity of this? A BlogSpot site with two tiny
    >> articles can be created by a primary school kid in under ten minutes (in
    >> fact, most are!), and certainly wouldn't be the avenue through which
    >> anyone with any authority would be posting.
    >>
    >> Actually, having a look at the headers, I'd go so far as to suggest you
    >> crawl back into the **** from which you spewed and never dare breathe
    >> the Earth's oxygen again, you spamming piece of shit.
    >>
    >> Or in other words, vrati se u picku materinu da nikada vise ne udahnes
    >> zrak ovog svijeta.
    >>
    >> ****ing spammers! And worse still, ****ing gullible (most likely
    >> religious) regulars in this group falling for it.
    >>

    >
    > Nobody cared enough, but a quick Google seems to suggest that there is an
    > element of truth in it.


    Truth or otherwise, when you spend several hours of each and every day
    battling spam as I do, you get more than a little miffed by some kid
    thinking he's got the world by the balls because he knows how to create a
    BlogSpot account and spam newsgroups through Google.

    --
    Bob Milutinovic
    Cognicom


  3. #23
    Ext User(Jeßus) Guest

    Re: SAAB returns

    On Mon, 23 Sep 2013 18:39:21 +1000, F Murtz <haggisz@hotmail.com>
    wrote:

    >Jeßus wrote:
    >> On Mon, 23 Sep 2013 10:08:35 +1000, Jason James <h6tgf22l@outlook.com>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Jeßus wrote:
    >>>> On Mon, 23 Sep 2013 07:51:02 +1000, Jason James <h6tgf22l@outlook.com>
    >>>> wrote:
    >>>>
    >>>>> jablotaimoric@gmail.com wrote:
    >>>>>> SAAB started production:
    >>>>>> http://insideautomobileindustry.blog...b-is-back.html
    >>>>>
    >>>>> I like the look of some Saabs, plus they also make medium-size passenger
    >>>>> A/Craft. However some folks say their cars a junk...
    >>>>
    >>>> Off the blacktop, they fall apart quicker than Jonz in a pie-free
    >>>> prison.
    >>>
    >>> No good for any rallys then like the London to Daker or the old Redex
    >>> rally,...

    >>
    >> Call me suspicious, but I don't think those cars are factory standard.
    >>
    >> Tell my nearby neighbor about how wonderful SAABs are off the
    >> bitumen... his was literally rattling apart, to the point where he
    >> gave up and sold it.

    >
    >My problem with saabs would not be their specs or lack of them.
    >I just look at the owners of Saab species of mankind, It completely
    >rules out the marque.
    >Any vehicle that attracts such people can not be good.


    Volvos too.

  4. #24
    Ext User(F Murtz) Guest

    Re: SAAB returns

    Jeßus wrote:
    > On Mon, 23 Sep 2013 18:39:21 +1000, F Murtz <haggisz@hotmail.com>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> Jeßus wrote:
    >>> On Mon, 23 Sep 2013 10:08:35 +1000, Jason James <h6tgf22l@outlook.com>
    >>> wrote:
    >>>
    >>>> Jeßus wrote:
    >>>>> On Mon, 23 Sep 2013 07:51:02 +1000, Jason James <h6tgf22l@outlook.com>
    >>>>> wrote:
    >>>>>
    >>>>>> jablotaimoric@gmail.com wrote:
    >>>>>>> SAAB started production:
    >>>>>>> http://insideautomobileindustry.blog...b-is-back.html
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>> I like the look of some Saabs, plus they also make medium-size passenger
    >>>>>> A/Craft. However some folks say their cars a junk...
    >>>>>
    >>>>> Off the blacktop, they fall apart quicker than Jonz in a pie-free
    >>>>> prison.
    >>>>
    >>>> No good for any rallys then like the London to Daker or the old Redex
    >>>> rally,...
    >>>
    >>> Call me suspicious, but I don't think those cars are factory standard.
    >>>
    >>> Tell my nearby neighbor about how wonderful SAABs are off the
    >>> bitumen... his was literally rattling apart, to the point where he
    >>> gave up and sold it.

    >>
    >> My problem with saabs would not be their specs or lack of them.
    >> I just look at the owners of Saab species of mankind, It completely
    >> rules out the marque.
    >> Any vehicle that attracts such people can not be good.

    >
    > Volvos too.
    >

    Not quite. the modern volvo is a different kettle of fish

  5. #25
    Ext User(Jason James) Guest

    Re: SAAB returns

    F Murtz wrote:


    >>> Any vehicle that attracts such people can not be good.

    >>
    >> Volvos too.
    >>

    > Not quite. the modern volvo is a different kettle of fish


    I liked the 264 Inline 6 cylinder one from the '70s,..great body-styling.

    I spent a month driving a V6 1983 model with the RR style grille. Power
    was unimpressive,..handling had too much body-roll,..the brakes were
    quite good,..the best stoppers I've used in a car.. Interior was a bit
    rooted. Switches fell out due the failure of the pissy plastic
    bleeeererer splft :-)

    Jason


  6. #26
    Ext User(Jeßus) Guest

    Re: SAAB returns

    On Tue, 24 Sep 2013 13:12:31 +1000, F Murtz <haggisz@hotmail.com>
    wrote:

    >Jeßus wrote:
    >> On Mon, 23 Sep 2013 18:39:21 +1000, F Murtz <haggisz@hotmail.com>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Jeßus wrote:
    >>>> On Mon, 23 Sep 2013 10:08:35 +1000, Jason James <h6tgf22l@outlook.com>
    >>>> wrote:
    >>>>
    >>>>> Jeßus wrote:
    >>>>>> On Mon, 23 Sep 2013 07:51:02 +1000, Jason James <h6tgf22l@outlook.com>
    >>>>>> wrote:
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>>> jablotaimoric@gmail.com wrote:
    >>>>>>>> SAAB started production:
    >>>>>>>> http://insideautomobileindustry.blog...b-is-back.html
    >>>>>>>
    >>>>>>> I like the look of some Saabs, plus they also make medium-size passenger
    >>>>>>> A/Craft. However some folks say their cars a junk...
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>> Off the blacktop, they fall apart quicker than Jonz in a pie-free
    >>>>>> prison.
    >>>>>
    >>>>> No good for any rallys then like the London to Daker or the old Redex
    >>>>> rally,...
    >>>>
    >>>> Call me suspicious, but I don't think those cars are factory standard.
    >>>>
    >>>> Tell my nearby neighbor about how wonderful SAABs are off the
    >>>> bitumen... his was literally rattling apart, to the point where he
    >>>> gave up and sold it.
    >>>
    >>> My problem with saabs would not be their specs or lack of them.
    >>> I just look at the owners of Saab species of mankind, It completely
    >>> rules out the marque.
    >>> Any vehicle that attracts such people can not be good.

    >>
    >> Volvos too.
    >>

    >Not quite. the modern volvo is a different kettle of fish


    Could be...

  7. #27
    Ext User(Jason James) Guest

    Re: SAAB returns

    Jeßus wrote:
    > On Tue, 24 Sep 2013 13:12:31 +1000, F Murtz <haggisz@hotmail.com>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> Jeßus wrote:
    >>> On Mon, 23 Sep 2013 18:39:21 +1000, F Murtz <haggisz@hotmail.com>
    >>> wrote:
    >>>
    >>>> Jeßus wrote:
    >>>>> On Mon, 23 Sep 2013 10:08:35 +1000, Jason James <h6tgf22l@outlook.com>
    >>>>> wrote:
    >>>>>
    >>>>>> Jeßus wrote:
    >>>>>>> On Mon, 23 Sep 2013 07:51:02 +1000, Jason James <h6tgf22l@outlook.com>
    >>>>>>> wrote:
    >>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>> jablotaimoric@gmail.com wrote:
    >>>>>>>>> SAAB started production:
    >>>>>>>>> http://insideautomobileindustry.blog...b-is-back.html
    >>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>> I like the look of some Saabs, plus they also make medium-size passenger
    >>>>>>>> A/Craft. However some folks say their cars a junk...
    >>>>>>>
    >>>>>>> Off the blacktop, they fall apart quicker than Jonz in a pie-free
    >>>>>>> prison.
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>> No good for any rallys then like the London to Daker or the old Redex
    >>>>>> rally,...
    >>>>>
    >>>>> Call me suspicious, but I don't think those cars are factory standard.
    >>>>>
    >>>>> Tell my nearby neighbor about how wonderful SAABs are off the
    >>>>> bitumen... his was literally rattling apart, to the point where he
    >>>>> gave up and sold it.
    >>>>
    >>>> My problem with saabs would not be their specs or lack of them.
    >>>> I just look at the owners of Saab species of mankind, It completely
    >>>> rules out the marque.
    >>>> Any vehicle that attracts such people can not be good.
    >>>
    >>> Volvos too.
    >>>

    >> Not quite. the modern volvo is a different kettle of fish

    >
    > Could be...


    If you've seen that new English police show on pay ch 617, they use a
    turbo Vovo station wagon and it goes well. Plus Brocky raced a Vovo
    station wagon of all things,..did reasonably well, as well IIRC.

    Jason



  8. #28
    Ext User(Jeßus) Guest

    Re: SAAB returns

    On Wed, 25 Sep 2013 11:06:04 +1000, Jason James <h6tgf22l@outlook.com>
    wrote:

    >Jeßus wrote:
    >> On Tue, 24 Sep 2013 13:12:31 +1000, F Murtz <haggisz@hotmail.com>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Jeßus wrote:
    >>>> On Mon, 23 Sep 2013 18:39:21 +1000, F Murtz <haggisz@hotmail.com>
    >>>> wrote:
    >>>>
    >>>>> Jeßus wrote:
    >>>>>> On Mon, 23 Sep 2013 10:08:35 +1000, Jason James <h6tgf22l@outlook.com>
    >>>>>> wrote:
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>>> Jeßus wrote:
    >>>>>>>> On Mon, 23 Sep 2013 07:51:02 +1000, Jason James <h6tgf22l@outlook.com>
    >>>>>>>> wrote:
    >>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>>> jablotaimoric@gmail.com wrote:
    >>>>>>>>>> SAAB started production:
    >>>>>>>>>> http://insideautomobileindustry.blog...b-is-back.html
    >>>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>>> I like the look of some Saabs, plus they also make medium-size passenger
    >>>>>>>>> A/Craft. However some folks say their cars a junk...
    >>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>> Off the blacktop, they fall apart quicker than Jonz in a pie-free
    >>>>>>>> prison.
    >>>>>>>
    >>>>>>> No good for any rallys then like the London to Daker or the old Redex
    >>>>>>> rally,...
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>> Call me suspicious, but I don't think those cars are factory standard.
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>> Tell my nearby neighbor about how wonderful SAABs are off the
    >>>>>> bitumen... his was literally rattling apart, to the point where he
    >>>>>> gave up and sold it.
    >>>>>
    >>>>> My problem with saabs would not be their specs or lack of them.
    >>>>> I just look at the owners of Saab species of mankind, It completely
    >>>>> rules out the marque.
    >>>>> Any vehicle that attracts such people can not be good.
    >>>>
    >>>> Volvos too.
    >>>>
    >>> Not quite. the modern volvo is a different kettle of fish

    >>
    >> Could be...

    >
    >If you've seen that new English police show on pay ch 617, they use a
    >turbo Vovo station wagon and it goes well. Plus Brocky raced a Vovo
    >station wagon of all things,..did reasonably well, as well IIRC.


    The new ones seem to go well, not sure how they fare off the
    bitumen... I know the older models tend to rattle apart much like the
    Saabs though.

    Reminds me... there used to be a bloke named Craig who posted here,
    was a Saab aficionado and had a Saab site. Haven't seen him post here
    in yonks.

  9. #29
    Ext User(Jason James) Guest

    Re: SAAB returns

    Jeßus wrote:
    > On Wed, 25 Sep 2013 11:06:04 +1000, Jason James <h6tgf22l@outlook.com>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> Jeßus wrote:
    >>> On Tue, 24 Sep 2013 13:12:31 +1000, F Murtz <haggisz@hotmail.com>
    >>> wrote:
    >>>
    >>>> Jeßus wrote:
    >>>>> On Mon, 23 Sep 2013 18:39:21 +1000, F Murtz <haggisz@hotmail.com>
    >>>>> wrote:
    >>>>>
    >>>>>> Jeßus wrote:
    >>>>>>> On Mon, 23 Sep 2013 10:08:35 +1000, Jason James <h6tgf22l@outlook.com>
    >>>>>>> wrote:
    >>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>> Jeßus wrote:
    >>>>>>>>> On Mon, 23 Sep 2013 07:51:02 +1000, Jason James <h6tgf22l@outlook.com>
    >>>>>>>>> wrote:
    >>>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>>>> jablotaimoric@gmail.com wrote:
    >>>>>>>>>>> SAAB started production:
    >>>>>>>>>>> http://insideautomobileindustry.blog...b-is-back.html
    >>>>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>>>> I like the look of some Saabs, plus they also make medium-size passenger
    >>>>>>>>>> A/Craft. However some folks say their cars a junk...
    >>>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>>> Off the blacktop, they fall apart quicker than Jonz in a pie-free
    >>>>>>>>> prison.
    >>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>> No good for any rallys then like the London to Daker or the old Redex
    >>>>>>>> rally,...
    >>>>>>>
    >>>>>>> Call me suspicious, but I don't think those cars are factory standard.
    >>>>>>>
    >>>>>>> Tell my nearby neighbor about how wonderful SAABs are off the
    >>>>>>> bitumen... his was literally rattling apart, to the point where he
    >>>>>>> gave up and sold it.
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>> My problem with saabs would not be their specs or lack of them.
    >>>>>> I just look at the owners of Saab species of mankind, It completely
    >>>>>> rules out the marque.
    >>>>>> Any vehicle that attracts such people can not be good.
    >>>>>
    >>>>> Volvos too.
    >>>>>
    >>>> Not quite. the modern volvo is a different kettle of fish
    >>>
    >>> Could be...

    >>
    >> If you've seen that new English police show on pay ch 617, they use a
    >> turbo Vovo station wagon and it goes well. Plus Brocky raced a Vovo
    >> station wagon of all things,..did reasonably well, as well IIRC.

    >
    > The new ones seem to go well, not sure how they fare off the
    > bitumen... I know the older models tend to rattle apart much like the
    > Saabs though.
    >
    > Reminds me... there used to be a bloke named Craig who posted here,
    > was a Saab aficionado and had a Saab site. Haven't seen him post here
    > in yonks.


    I've been here since 2001 and it rings a faint bell....

    I think cars, like everything else, have their lemons. Vovos have had
    some bad-press. I drove my Inlaws wagon to Adventureland and back in
    SY,..stuff me I got yelled at,..the bird and other invective. It had
    been less than a mile from the coast all its life. Where the roof-rack
    [for the snow skis dear boy] :-) bolted to the roof, was a hole jonz
    could lose a pie down :-)

    Jason




  10. #30
    Ext User(Paul Saccani) Guest

    Re: SAAB returns

    On Mon, 23 Sep 2013 08:14:59 +1000, Noddy <me@wardengineering.com.au>
    wrote:

    >On 23/09/13 7:51 AM, Jason James wrote:
    >
    >> I like the look of some Saabs, plus they also make medium-size passenger
    >> A/Craft. However some folks say their cars a junk...

    >
    >That's because they are. They also share the world record for the
    >slowest turbocharged car on the planet (along with the Mitsubishi Cordia).



    Not even close.
    --
    Cheers,
    Paul Saccani
    Perth, Western Australia.

  11. #31
    Ext User(Paul Saccani) Guest

    Re: SAAB returns

    On Mon, 23 Sep 2013 16:17:03 +1000, atec77 <"atec77 "@hotmail.com>
    wrote:

    >take a look at which figure was including ancillaries and which did not


    They both do.

    >, torque and were it was and which motor was probably just a little
    >under rated


    ?!
    --
    Cheers,
    Paul Saccani
    Perth, Western Australia.

  12. #32
    Ext User(Paul Saccani) Guest

    Re: SAAB returns

    On Mon, 23 Sep 2013 16:34:45 +1000, Noddy <me@wardengineering.com.au>
    wrote:

    >On 23/09/13 3:45 PM, Jason James wrote:
    >
    >> Roll reversal here !!
    >>
    >> I'm defending a Swedish car against an EF Falcon defended by the severe
    >> critic of Ford products "in contemporary times" >> Nod !

    >
    >I would think anyone would pick a small turbo 4 over something like an
    >EF Falcon, especially these days, but not a SAAB for ****'s sake. They
    >are truly one of the world's most ****ing cars :)


    They are when the average skilled mechanic can't deal with their
    peculiarities and spares are rare and expensive. OTOH, if you are
    capable of dealing with them, all of that is good, because donors are
    cheap....

    >> Come to think of it, Nod has said the EF wasn't a bad car,..but to
    >> compare it against turboed 2.3L euro-shitbox ?? Well I dont know.

    >
    >I do. I'd rather push a ****ing wheelbarrow full of bricks than own a
    >SAAB of any description :)


    An understandable position.

    >> Anyway here's the Ford's figures>>>
    >>
    >> . The XR6 delivers 164 kW @ 5000 rpm up from 161 kW in the ED Falcon.
    >> The XR8 has a 5.0-litre OHV (over head valve) V8 delivering 170 kW @
    >> 4500 rpm up from the 165 kW in the ED Falcon. LPG was not offered as a
    >> factory option on the XR6 and XR8 models.
    >>
    >> Huh !! *3 kw* more in the XR6 compared to ED XR6 ? Let me park a
    >> tiger>>Bluuueeiiach !!

    >
    >You appreciate that an "XR" series Falcon is just a regular Falcon with
    >a tacho and alloy wheels, right?
    >
    >They were (and still are) in the business of building taxis. Not hot rods.
    >
    >> Total output for an EF XR6 is 164KW,..8KW SHORT OF THE big 2.3L Saab.
    >> The figures talk for themselves, people :-)

    >
    >No, they don't actually :) Go drive both and get back to us.


    Ok, well, as it happens, I do drive both, the SAAB handles better,
    brakes better, goes faster, accelerates much faster and uses way less
    fuel. I even find it roomier. I'm not sure that driving both would
    lead to a "No, they don't, actually" conclusion. But the SAAB is set
    up so that the spare wheel well will only accommodate a bastard space
    saver spare, so you could sling that against it.

    >The SAAB might make more power, but the V8 Falcon will still be running
    >when the SAAB has been recycled into an Ikea coffee table


    Easy parts and service, plus much less depreciation, making it
    economic to keep the Ford going. That's why I bought a Ford. And on
    the long runs that it was bought for, the economy is fine. A Z9
    filter can be had for $2.50, for instance, versus $12.50 for the
    cheapest to suit a 2.3l SAAB...

    > and it *won't*
    >suffer from the SAAB's terrible lag problems


    SAABs don't have a turbo lag problem, as a rule, let alone a terrible
    one.

    > or it's inability to haul 4
    >people and their luggage around without taking a massive performance hit.


    I've found 250 kmh with five people and a full boot satisfactory, and
    it handles well too.

    >> Jason :-) NB>> I like Fords,..but have been severely disappointed with
    >> some of their shenanigans,..i.e. 200hp 351 2V shit Cleveland motor. I
    >> mean,..FMFlo, they could have at least given the engine some pay-back
    >> power wise, for all its fuel guzzling...Arseholes :-)

    >
    >They were at the mercy of the emissions laws like anyone else Jason, and
    >the Cleveland wasn't a particularly good engine if preventing raw
    >unburnt fuel being thrown out into the atmosphere was what you were
    >trying to do. On the other hand, if you wanted something that made an
    >easy 400hp without too much ****ing about it was pretty good.
    >
    >Still, you can't have it both ways.


    So true. OTOH, the SAABs actually got a lot closer to that than
    anyone else, with the 2.3 l direct ignition turbo engines.
    --
    Cheers,
    Paul Saccani
    Perth, Western Australia.

  13. #33
    Ext User(Paul Saccani) Guest

    Re: SAAB returns

    On Mon, 23 Sep 2013 08:47:48 +1000, John_H <john4721@inbox.com> wrote:

    >Jason James wrote:
    >>
    >>I like the look of some Saabs, plus they also make medium-size passenger
    >>A/Craft.

    >
    >A different company makes the aircraft. Same goes for Scania trucks.
    >Nor is the company now building Saab cars likely to be the same one
    >that made the last lot! :)


    Same factory, same people for the most part, but of course, a
    different company owning it, National Electrical Vehicles.
    --
    Cheers,
    Paul Saccani
    Perth, Western Australia.

  14. #34
    Ext User(Paul Saccani) Guest

    Re: SAAB returns

    On Mon, 23 Sep 2013 10:21:19 +1000, John_H <john4721@inbox.com> wrote:

    >Jason James wrote:
    >>John_H wrote:
    >>> Jason James wrote:
    >>>>
    >>>> I like the look of some Saabs, plus they also make medium-size passenger
    >>>> A/Craft.
    >>>
    >>> A different company makes the aircraft. Same goes for Scania trucks.
    >>> Nor is the company now building Saab cars likely to be the same one
    >>> that made the last lot! :)
    >>>

    >>Dead set. I'm surprised,..altho Saab may mean vehicle in Swedish ? :-)

    >
    >SAAB is an acronym for the aircraft company formed at the end of WW2.


    I'm sure that 1937 was closer to the beginning than the end of WW2....

    The acronym is for "Swedish Aeroplane Company, Limited", just as you
    suggest.

    >Splits, acquisitions, takeovers and bankrupcies means there's now very
    >little, if any, connection between the carmaker and the original
    >company.


    Too true. That aerospace connection ended in 1990, when GM took over
    SAAB-Scania from SAAB group, more or less intending to gut SAAB to get
    Scania. SAAB group continues in Aerospace etc..
    --
    Cheers,
    Paul Saccani
    Perth, Western Australia.

  15. #35
    Ext User(Jeßus) Guest

    Re: SAAB returns

    On Wed, 25 Sep 2013 14:14:24 +1000, Jason James <h6tgf22l@outlook.com>
    wrote:

    >Jeßus wrote:
    >> On Wed, 25 Sep 2013 11:06:04 +1000, Jason James <h6tgf22l@outlook.com>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Jeßus wrote:
    >>>> On Tue, 24 Sep 2013 13:12:31 +1000, F Murtz <haggisz@hotmail.com>
    >>>> wrote:
    >>>>
    >>>>> Jeßus wrote:
    >>>>>> On Mon, 23 Sep 2013 18:39:21 +1000, F Murtz <haggisz@hotmail.com>
    >>>>>> wrote:
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>>> Jeßus wrote:
    >>>>>>>> On Mon, 23 Sep 2013 10:08:35 +1000, Jason James <h6tgf22l@outlook.com>
    >>>>>>>> wrote:
    >>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>>> Jeßus wrote:
    >>>>>>>>>> On Mon, 23 Sep 2013 07:51:02 +1000, Jason James <h6tgf22l@outlook.com>
    >>>>>>>>>> wrote:
    >>>>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>>>>> jablotaimoric@gmail.com wrote:
    >>>>>>>>>>>> SAAB started production:
    >>>>>>>>>>>> http://insideautomobileindustry.blog...b-is-back.html
    >>>>>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>>>>> I like the look of some Saabs, plus they also make medium-size passenger
    >>>>>>>>>>> A/Craft. However some folks say their cars a junk...
    >>>>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>>>> Off the blacktop, they fall apart quicker than Jonz in a pie-free
    >>>>>>>>>> prison.
    >>>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>>> No good for any rallys then like the London to Daker or the old Redex
    >>>>>>>>> rally,...
    >>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>> Call me suspicious, but I don't think those cars are factory standard.
    >>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>> Tell my nearby neighbor about how wonderful SAABs are off the
    >>>>>>>> bitumen... his was literally rattling apart, to the point where he
    >>>>>>>> gave up and sold it.
    >>>>>>>
    >>>>>>> My problem with saabs would not be their specs or lack of them.
    >>>>>>> I just look at the owners of Saab species of mankind, It completely
    >>>>>>> rules out the marque.
    >>>>>>> Any vehicle that attracts such people can not be good.
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>> Volvos too.
    >>>>>>
    >>>>> Not quite. the modern volvo is a different kettle of fish
    >>>>
    >>>> Could be...
    >>>
    >>> If you've seen that new English police show on pay ch 617, they use a
    >>> turbo Vovo station wagon and it goes well. Plus Brocky raced a Vovo
    >>> station wagon of all things,..did reasonably well, as well IIRC.

    >>
    >> The new ones seem to go well, not sure how they fare off the
    >> bitumen... I know the older models tend to rattle apart much like the
    >> Saabs though.
    >>
    >> Reminds me... there used to be a bloke named Craig who posted here,
    >> was a Saab aficionado and had a Saab site. Haven't seen him post here
    >> in yonks.

    >
    >I've been here since 2001 and it rings a faint bell....
    >
    >I think cars, like everything else, have their lemons. Vovos have had
    >some bad-press. I drove my Inlaws wagon to Adventureland and back in
    >SY,..stuff me I got yelled at,..the bird and other invective. It had
    >been less than a mile from the coast all its life. Where the roof-rack
    >[for the snow skis dear boy] :-) bolted to the roof, was a hole jonz
    >could lose a pie down :-)


    Some cars may or may not be 'lemons', but I was alluding to certain
    makes being significantly worse than most others on rough, unsealed
    roads. From what I have seen, a lot of Euro cars can't hack it in that
    department.

  16. #36
    Ext User(John_H) Guest

    Re: SAAB returns

    Jeßus wrote:
    >
    >Some cars may or may not be 'lemons', but I was alluding to certain
    >makes being significantly worse than most others on rough, unsealed
    >roads. From what I have seen, a lot of Euro cars can't hack it in that
    >department.


    You must be blind in one eye and can't see out of the other! ;-)

    Some of the very best cars on rough dirt roads have been European,
    Peugeot being an example that comes to mind. Beginning with the
    Redex trials in the 1950's up until the 404 there was nothing made
    anywhere that could touch them on dirt, and nothing that held together
    better. Even VW didn't do too badly in that department (plenty of
    outback sheep stations used them off road).

    In the London to Sydney Marathon, Lucien Bianchi crossed the Nullarbor
    in a Citroen DS21 at an average speed the locals had trouble
    believing, having already crossed some of the worst roads on the
    planet!

    Saab even had one of the World's top rally teams in their heyday.
    Peter Wherrett (for those who might remember him) once named the Saab
    900 as the car most suited to Australian conditions (Torque).

    --
    John H

  17. #37
    Ext User(Jeßus) Guest

    Re: SAAB returns

    On Thu, 26 Sep 2013 08:07:10 +1000, John_H <john4721@inbox.com> wrote:

    >Jeßus wrote:
    >>
    >>Some cars may or may not be 'lemons', but I was alluding to certain
    >>makes being significantly worse than most others on rough, unsealed
    >>roads. From what I have seen, a lot of Euro cars can't hack it in that
    >>department.

    >
    >You must be blind in one eye and can't see out of the other! ;-)


    I knew somebody would take issue with that statement... including me
    now :)

    >Some of the very best cars on rough dirt roads have been European,
    >Peugeot being an example that comes to mind. Beginning with the
    >Redex trials in the 1950's up until the 404 there was nothing made
    >anywhere that could touch them on dirt, and nothing that held together
    >better. Even VW didn't do too badly in that department (plenty of
    >outback sheep stations used them off road).
    >
    >In the London to Sydney Marathon, Lucien Bianchi crossed the Nullarbor
    >in a Citroen DS21 at an average speed the locals had trouble
    >believing, having already crossed some of the worst roads on the
    >planet!
    >
    >Saab even had one of the World's top rally teams in their heyday.
    >Peter Wherrett (for those who might remember him) once named the Saab
    >900 as the car most suited to Australian conditions (Torque).


    Jesus... when I mentioned that Saab that a local owned, it was a 900C
    :) Seriously, the thing was constantly being repaired and had more
    rattle and squeaks than you could point a stick at.

    Just remembered the Renault my family had in the N.T... it was a rust
    bucket and had been rolled when only new, but the thing kept on going
    for about 15 years that I know of.



  18. #38
    Ext User(Clocky) Guest

    Re: SAAB returns

    Paul Saccani wrote:
    > On Mon, 23 Sep 2013 16:34:45 +1000, Noddy <me@wardengineering.com.au>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> On 23/09/13 3:45 PM, Jason James wrote:
    >>
    >>> Roll reversal here !!
    >>>
    >>> I'm defending a Swedish car against an EF Falcon defended by the severe
    >>> critic of Ford products "in contemporary times" >> Nod !

    >>
    >> I would think anyone would pick a small turbo 4 over something like an
    >> EF Falcon, especially these days, but not a SAAB for ****'s sake. They
    >> are truly one of the world's most ****ing cars :)

    >
    > They are when the average skilled mechanic can't deal with their
    > peculiarities and spares are rare and expensive. OTOH, if you are
    > capable of dealing with them, all of that is good, because donors are
    > cheap....
    >
    >>> Come to think of it, Nod has said the EF wasn't a bad car,..but to
    >>> compare it against turboed 2.3L euro-shitbox ?? Well I dont know.

    >>
    >> I do. I'd rather push a ****ing wheelbarrow full of bricks than own a
    >> SAAB of any description :)

    >
    > An understandable position.
    >
    >>> Anyway here's the Ford's figures>>>
    >>>
    >>> . The XR6 delivers 164 kW @ 5000 rpm up from 161 kW in the ED Falcon.
    >>> The XR8 has a 5.0-litre OHV (over head valve) V8 delivering 170 kW @
    >>> 4500 rpm up from the 165 kW in the ED Falcon. LPG was not offered as a
    >>> factory option on the XR6 and XR8 models.
    >>>
    >>> Huh !! *3 kw* more in the XR6 compared to ED XR6 ? Let me park a
    >>> tiger>>Bluuueeiiach !!

    >>
    >> You appreciate that an "XR" series Falcon is just a regular Falcon with
    >> a tacho and alloy wheels, right?
    >>
    >> They were (and still are) in the business of building taxis. Not hot rods.
    >>
    >>> Total output for an EF XR6 is 164KW,..8KW SHORT OF THE big 2.3L Saab.
    >>> The figures talk for themselves, people :-)

    >>
    >> No, they don't actually :) Go drive both and get back to us.

    >
    > Ok, well, as it happens, I do drive both, the SAAB handles better,
    > brakes better, goes faster, accelerates much faster and uses way less
    > fuel. I even find it roomier. I'm not sure that driving both would
    > lead to a "No, they don't, actually" conclusion. But the SAAB is set
    > up so that the spare wheel well will only accommodate a bastard space
    > saver spare, so you could sling that against it.
    >
    >> The SAAB might make more power, but the V8 Falcon will still be running
    >> when the SAAB has been recycled into an Ikea coffee table

    >
    > Easy parts and service, plus much less depreciation, making it
    > economic to keep the Ford going. That's why I bought a Ford. And on
    > the long runs that it was bought for, the economy is fine. A Z9
    > filter can be had for $2.50, for instance, versus $12.50 for the
    > cheapest to suit a 2.3l SAAB...
    >
    >> and it *won't*
    >> suffer from the SAAB's terrible lag problems

    >
    > SAABs don't have a turbo lag problem, as a rule, let alone a terrible
    > one.
    >
    >> or it's inability to haul 4
    >> people and their luggage around without taking a massive performance hit.

    >
    > I've found 250 kmh with five people and a full boot satisfactory, and
    > it handles well too.
    >
    >>> Jason :-) NB>> I like Fords,..but have been severely disappointed with
    >>> some of their shenanigans,..i.e. 200hp 351 2V shit Cleveland motor. I
    >>> mean,..FMFlo, they could have at least given the engine some pay-back
    >>> power wise, for all its fuel guzzling...Arseholes :-)

    >>
    >> They were at the mercy of the emissions laws like anyone else Jason, and
    >> the Cleveland wasn't a particularly good engine if preventing raw
    >> unburnt fuel being thrown out into the atmosphere was what you were
    >> trying to do. On the other hand, if you wanted something that made an
    >> easy 400hp without too much ****ing about it was pretty good.
    >>
    >> Still, you can't have it both ways.

    >
    > So true. OTOH, the SAABs actually got a lot closer to that than
    > anyone else, with the 2.3 l direct ignition turbo engines.
    >



  19. #39
    Ext User(Noddy) Guest

    Re: SAAB returns

    On 26/09/13 8:07 AM, John_H wrote:

    > Saab even had one of the World's top rally teams in their heyday.
    > Peter Wherrett (for those who might remember him) once named the Saab
    > 900 as the car most suited to Australian conditions (Torque).


    I guess that all depends on what value you placed on Peter Wherrett's
    opinion. Some rate it very highly. Others don't.


    --
    --
    Regards,
    Noddy.

  20. #40
    Ext User(Noddy) Guest

    Re: SAAB returns

    On 26/09/13 8:28 AM, Jeßus wrote:

    > Jesus... when I mentioned that Saab that a local owned, it was a 900C
    > :) Seriously, the thing was constantly being repaired and had more
    > rattle and squeaks than you could point a stick at.


    They were a poorly built **** of a car. There is no doubt about that.




    --
    --
    Regards,
    Noddy.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •