We would like to dedicate this space to Alan Norman. Alan passed away in March 2005.
Alan volunteered to be the Tech Forum moderator in 2001 when we started these forums based on the new software. He is part of the Tech Forum and will always be remembered by the people who he helped directly or indirectly.
Eyo Forums team
I intend to use this thread as a links thread. Please post after this to add more links to the thread. I will regularly maintain the links and remove the posts.
- Alan Norman's Website - Personal website which has a Computer area containing amongst other things tips on the M571 motherboard. There are also links to software that is free for personal use. I have added a new page dedicated to the MSI K7T Turbo Motherboard which is running an AMD Athlon 1 Ghz CPU and a further page which details the differences between the M571 and M571LMR Motherboards.
- FCC ID Search Form - Having trouble figuring out who made that old generic modem? Look for a sticker on the back of the modem, and look up the FCC ID here.
- M571 + AMD Upgrade Guide - Excellent guide to upgrading a M571 with AMD K6-2/K6-3 processors.
- M571's Soundpro Data Sheet - CMI8330 Soundpro data sheet in pdf format.
- SiS 5597/5598 Data Sheet - SIS 5597/5598 data sheet (DOC file) as self-extracting archive. Execute to unpack.
- M571 Clock Generator Data Sheet - CMedia CM8865-27 Clock Generator used on M571.
- AMD K6-2/3 Documentation - Official AMD documentation (in PDF format) for all AMD K6 series microprocessors available here. Includes link to get Acrobat reader for those who don't have it.
- More Chipset Identification Stuff - Still more PCChips chipset identification stuff.
- Wim's BIOS -PCChips Chipset Info - Info on chipsets used on many PCChips motherboards which will help to clear the confusion caused by PCChips's habit of re-labeling.
- PCChips motherboard identification help - Easy to use PCChips motherboard model identification tool.
- Still More PCChips Info - Massive collection of info and BIOS releases on many PCChips boards.
- More Unofficial PCChips Web Pages - Several unofficial PCChips pages with info on M5xx and M9xx motherboards.
- Franc Zabkar's M571 info pages. - For the true techies.
- EYO FAQ Page - A wealth of M571 info in FAQ format. Suggest reading this before posting on the forum.
- M571 Tech Support Page - Originally created by Cain Nelson in April 1999, these pages were transfered to Colin Powell's site in August 2000. The M571 pages were transferred to this site in May 2001
- The PC Guide - A very good site that explains how the different parts of a PC work. Has a very useful troubleshooter that can help you diagnose what is wrong with your computer. Authored by Charles M. Kozierok.
- Motherboard Monitor - Monitors a motherboard's temperature, voltage, fan sensors in Windows. Works for zillions of motherboards, with support for new ones added constantly.
- Windows help site
- RefreshForce - A utility that allows Win2000/WinXP users to preset the monitor refresh rate for different resolutions. Works by modifying the monitor's registry entries of allowed refresh rates. It autopopulates with the highest known refresh rates. The user can add, remove, or modify any entries as desired. It works with any graphics card.
- VIA/Cyrix MII docs
- New AMD K6-X processor tech docs page
- Updated FDISK for >64 Gig drives in 95/98/98SE - Microsoft - FDISK and FORMAT do not display correct size of drives over 64 Gigs in win95, 98, 98-SE, and ME. FIX - New FDISK and FORMAT utility downloads on this page
- How to use more than 512 Mb RAM in Win95/98/98SE/ME - Also read:
- M571 Win 2K DMA Drivers - These IDE drivers have been tested by Timmy and found to work OK.
- Serial ATA - The official Serial ATA page containing the v1.0 specification and design guide
- AMD's master tech docs page
Hardware Review Sites: