porno türk porno rokettube
Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 514

Thread: what was the last concert you went to?

  1. #101
    JenniV is offline Winner - Phorums Best Wallpaper Designer 2005 Committed forum member

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    4,550
    Angra from Brazil on Tuesday night (05/03/22) at The Marquee, Sydney and Nightwish from Finland on Wednesday night (05/03/23) at Metro Theatre, Sydney.

    Angra was good but I was really disappointed with the venue (The Marquee) so small and long. So if you're in the back it would be really difficult to see the band as the stage is not high enough. A lot people were sitting around reading magazines while the band was on. Is there something wrong with metalheads in Sydney?!? Are they too rich that they just come to see a band and sit around reading magazines? This is Angra from Brazil, not Dungeon from Sydney. Shame on Sydney metalheads. It was disgraceful compared to their concert in Tokyo. The sound engineer should be shot, the bass is too loud and it drowned the guitars, vocals and keyboard. A great band playing in a disappointing venue with a shocking sound.

    Nightwish was excellent. They sounded really good at the Metro Theatre and the crowd was amazingly responsive as well. Maybe it's Tarja's presence, may be it's just Nightwish as a whole. All the favourites from Once, Century Child, Oceanborn and Wishmaster were played with excellent energy from the band. I was loving every minute of it. Their cover of Pink Floyd's High Hopes was one of the only song where I yawned more than once. But the night filled all of my wishes, the best concert I've been to so far in Sydney.

  2. #102

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    445
    The last concert I went to was Velvet Revolver. It was awesome! The next one I will be going to is REM. I can't wait.

  3. #103

    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Brisbane
    Age
    45
    Posts
    5,462
    Last concerts I've been to - Nightwish on Monday and Tuesday nights in Melb, and Wed night in Sydney

    All three gigs were amazing!! Monday night was tops because they did Over The Hills And Far Away as an encore, and the sound was perfect.

    Tuesday night - unfortunately Tarja had some problems with her vocal monitor, and Sleeping Sun turned into an instrumental.

    Wednesday night - The Metro in Sydney was a far better venue than the Corner in Melbourne. Much larger stage, and the stage was also higher, giving the crowd a far better view.

    I thought Empu's guitar was a little buried in the mix, which was unfortunate because he is a brilliant guitarist. But a fantastic night, and no vocal problems during Sleeping Sun either

    Brilliant stuff - and I took heaps of photos from Tuesday night's Melbourne gig which I will upload later.

    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

  4. #104

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    PARRA-whats-the-MATTA, Sydney
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,176
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy
    Last concerts I've been to - Nightwish on Monday and Tuesday nights in Melb, and Wed night in Sydney

    Brilliant stuff - and I took heaps of photos from Tuesday night's Melbourne gig which I will upload later.
    Glad you had an awesome time at these Nightwish gigs. I think you should have a read of this - Something about Nightwish Haha! now I wish I went
    Chuck Norris originally appeared in the "Street Fighter II" video game, but was removed by Beta Testers because every button caused him to do a roundhouse kick. When asked bout this "glitch," Norris replied, "That's no glitch."

  5. #105

    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Brisbane
    Age
    45
    Posts
    5,462
    Awwww - hell yes you should have went!! They were AWESOME!!!

    And I get to see them one last time tomorrow night here in Brissie

    Oh well - they promised they will be back, so keep your fingers crossed

    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

  6. #106

    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Brisbane
    Age
    45
    Posts
    5,462
    Quote Originally Posted by JenniV
    Nightwish was excellent. They sounded really good at the Metro Theatre and the crowd was amazingly responsive as well. Maybe it's Tarja's presence, may be it's just Nightwish as a whole. All the favourites from Once, Century Child, Oceanborn and Wishmaster were played with excellent energy from the band. I was loving every minute of it. Their cover of Pink Floyd's High Hopes was one of the only song where I yawned more than once. But the night filled all of my wishes, the best concert I've been to so far in Sydney.
    Hi JenniV! didn't see you there - not sure if you spotted me (I was wearing a long-sleeved, white, ONCE shirt)

    I read on the Nightwish forum, that the guys from Angra and Devin Towsend were in the crowd at the Sydney gig!

    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

  7. #107

    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Brisbane
    Age
    45
    Posts
    5,462
    AAAAAAH - I am totally still on a euphoric high

    Saw Nightwish one last time at The Arena last night. I was front and centre, with only a few people in front of me

    The set list was pretty much identical to that of the Sydney gigs, and was performed flawlessly. The sound was perfect, and apart from the typical morons pushing and shoving, the crowd was well behaved too.

    Once (clever insertion of Nightwish album-title) again, the band seemed genuinely stunned at the amazing reception they received from the Australian crowd. Something tells me they will be playing bigger venues the next time they come out here.

    Highlight for me of this particular concert though, was that I GOT ONE OF EMPPU'S GUITAR PICKS!!!!!

    I was so annoyed because early in the set when he threw one into the crowd I got my hand on it but it bounced away. But towards the end when he threw some more out I was able to follow the trajectory of one and it landed near my feet. What an amazing memento to treasure for ever.

    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

  8. #108
    whizzfizz's Avatar
    whizzfizz is offline Winner - Funniest Member Award 2009 Committed forum member

    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    The Land of Chocolate
    Posts
    5,235
    glad you had a nice time Cowboy.. i wasnt able to make it to bris

    hopefully they will come to Cairns next time hahaha (ok wishfull thinking)

    where are those piccys ??
    It's not an optical illusion. It just looks like one.

  9. #109
    NikJo's Avatar
    NikJo is offline Regular Forum Member I have been around for a while

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Out East, Down Wonga Way
    Age
    32
    Posts
    143
    I was at Nightwish last Tuesday night - it was awesome. I have never really been into them, but my boyfriend loves them!! So we went on Tuesday and it was so fricking awesome I had the best time ever. I was getting squished at the front, so I went down the back. After the set was done I went down to see my boyfriend and best friend and they were dripping with sweat!

    I agree the sound was flawless, they sound almost as good as they do on CD - who would have known a band could play so awesome live? They were just amazing. It was a completely nuts crowd - I couldnt see a thing but my b/f took photos from right up the front.. damn!! I thought when they did Phantom of the Opera was amazing, and when during Sleeping Sun when there was no vocals and Marco said "Did you notice anything missing?"

    Best night I have had in a long time.
    Last edited by NikJo; 27-03-2005 at 09:06 PM.

  10. #110

    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Brisbane
    Age
    45
    Posts
    5,462
    HOORAY!! Glad you enjoyed NikJo!!

    I took a stack of photos on Tuesday night and put some of them in my EYO Photo Gallery.

    Glad that I got to hear Sleeping Sun (*WITH* vocals) in Sydney and Brisbane.

    It was a blessing in disguise that their equipment got delayed for Monday night's gig, because that meant that the set list was different. eg. They played "Over The Hills And Far Away" as one of the encores instead of Ghost Love Score (I'm guessing that they were unable to get the 'backing tape' for GLS at such short notice).

    I had the most amazing time. Cannot wait for them to come back

    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

  11. #111

    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Brisbane
    Age
    45
    Posts
    5,462
    THREE DOORS DOWN

    Excellent concert - very small crowd though.

    After being squashed in a crowd of metalheads the last few gigs, it was good to be at a gig where I could stand right up the front and still be able to breathe!! The support act Tapered Edges were pretty good. From Sydney, and very 3DD-ish in sound. The guitarist is a total poser though

    3DD played all the favourites - here without you, kryptonite, away from the sun, etc. Really good old fashioned, non-choreographed rock and roll. A genuinely nice bunch of guys. The four-song encore was good, although I felt that it would have been better if they finished with Here Without You, rather than Loser.

    And I scored another guitar pick! Not exactly the same value to me as my treasured Emppu pick from Saturday night though

    Now if I can get one of Dave Mustaine's picks when I see Megadeth, I will be a very happy little metalhead
    Last edited by Cowboy; 30-03-2005 at 09:12 AM.

    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

  12. #112
    JenniV is offline Winner - Phorums Best Wallpaper Designer 2005 Committed forum member

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    4,550
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy
    Hi JenniV! didn't see you there - not sure if you spotted me (I was wearing a long-sleeved, white, ONCE shirt)

    I read on the Nightwish forum, that the guys from Angra and Devin Towsend were in the crowd at the Sydney gig!
    Hi Cowboy! I was standing right at the back near the bar on the right hand side looking towards the stage. I didn't see anyone wearing white and I must admit there were more than a few people I saw that could've been you. It was so full of people, it was merely impossible to find Angra or Devin Townsend at The Metro Theatre. I didn't know the show was sold out.

  13. #113

    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Perth
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,412
    Avril Lavigne on wednesday night had a wiked time ....i really liked the supporting act TownHallSteps too
    Last edited by Im_InSaNe; 08-04-2005 at 03:52 AM.

  14. #114

    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Victoria
    Posts
    2,516
    R.E.M - awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I love the way we communicate, your eyes focus on my funny lip shape.

  15. #115

    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Adelaide
    Age
    45
    Posts
    350
    The last concert I went to was Anthrax, and the next one I go to will be Anthrax with their ATL line-up.

    Promises to be awesome !!!!!!!!

  16. #116

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    PARRA-whats-the-MATTA, Sydney
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,176
    Quote Originally Posted by Im_InSaNe
    Avril Lavigne on wednesday night had a wiked time ....i really liked the supporting act TownHallSteps too
    Avril for me tommorow! hurray! though I wish had floor tickets, but won reserved seating ones...damnit, shoulda been at the Hordern! oh well, looking forward to it anyway
    Chuck Norris originally appeared in the "Street Fighter II" video game, but was removed by Beta Testers because every button caused him to do a roundhouse kick. When asked bout this "glitch," Norris replied, "That's no glitch."

  17. #117

    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Adelaide
    Age
    45
    Posts
    350
    Quote Originally Posted by Davester
    Avril for me tommorow! hurray! though I wish had floor tickets, but won reserved seating ones...damnit, shoulda been at the Hordern! oh well, looking forward to it anyway
    I could of seen Avril for nothing in Adelaide, but had a prior booking... Damnit !!

  18. #118

    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Perth
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,412
    Quote Originally Posted by Davester
    Avril for me tommorow! hurray! though I wish had floor tickets, but won reserved seating ones...damnit, shoulda been at the Hordern! oh well, looking forward to it anyway
    have fun....i won my tickets and they were on the floor which was better because she didnt have a screen so people with seats right up the back couldn't see her properly....had a wiked time tho

  19. #119

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Age
    39
    Posts
    498
    I saw last Avril last night in Sydney, concert was pretty ordinary. It wasn't her fault, the sound setup was appalling. Her mike wasn't working until half way through her first song and she had a cold. Her setlist was quite good but it seemed to be a little rushed.
    My girlfriend can't wrestle, but you should see her box

  20. #120

    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Victoria
    Age
    29
    Posts
    908
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampstar
    I saw last Avril last night in Sydney, concert was pretty ordinary. It wasn't her fault, the sound setup was appalling. Her mike wasn't working until half way through her first song and she had a cold. Her setlist was quite good but it seemed to be a little rushed.
    Haha she had a cold did you say? Who were the supporting acts?

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-03-2004, 01:44 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •